Page 21 of 28 FirstFirst ... 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 ... LastLast
    I bought a pair of High Society FRC’s (freeride camber) this year. They are a fully cambered (more camber than my mogul skis), all wood, twin tip. I love them in the bumps. I also have a pair of Hart F17 classics and F17 World Cups. I didn’t bother using either this year and just skied the High Society’s. They are soft - in both the tip AND tail. I’d prefer a stiffer tail, but it’s not a deal breaker. FWIW, I’m a bit on the light side at 165ish, so if you are a heavy dude, you may not like them as much as me. However I like them enough that I just bought a backup pair from left lane sports (online) for $250 (179’s).

It's not lame to ski moguls on 200 cm length with a 120mm width.
    The French analyzed this retraction stuff years ago, terming it "avalement". See Georges Joubert.

w00000t!
    Merde De Glace On the Freak When Ski
    >>>200 cm Black Bamboo Sidewalled DPS Lotus 120 : Best Skis Ever <<<

Or slow dog noodle..
    Go that way really REALLY fast. If something gets in your way, TURN!

It is lame to ski moguls?

My biased opinion is that moguls are best skied on a monoski, any form of teleskis (preferably with a tab on the tongue), or snowblades.

When I was 10, I had a ski lesson at Kirkwood that focused on moguls (only moguls lesson that I ever had). It’d rained the day before followed by a clear and cold night. Rock solid bumps on zacharies. My instructor was on 204 80’s era GS boards. Super fun day!

Quote Originally Posted by bodywhomper View Post
    My instructor was on 204 80’s era GS boards. Super fun day!
    So your instructor was a lady killing it on ice bumps? 204 is what men used for SL, GS was 210 or 215. My VO slaloms were 204cm. Women skied 204 for GS.
    Go that way really REALLY fast. If something gets in your way, TURN!

Quote Originally Posted by SumJongGuy View Post
    So your instructor was a lady killing it on ice bumps? 204 is what men used for SL, GS was 210 or 215. My VO slaloms were 204cm. Women skied 204 for GS.
    Good question. It was the mid-80's. I can't remember.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using TGR Forums mobile app

there are different types of Moguls

those zipperline strategy types are more for competition size Moguls -real tight medium size bumps ,of near exact size and distance (these are the Knee Beaters>stay away ,unless you want to challenge yourself)

Then there's my fav> the Huge car size moguls on the steeps..with decent snow, we can carve these weird angles like mad...it is super fun-no tight knee knocking needed there

then there's those Traverse moguls ...fullspeed ahead! Jump those ruts!

Icy Moguls...they finally ate my knee up/skiing strength again finally,,fk that shit.. ski on snow
    Spring Moguls are easier to carve too , but form tighter as the we go downhill… lots of options for style variation
    ski paintingshttp://michael-cuozzo.fineartamerica.com" horror has a face; you must make a friend of horror...horror and moral terror.. are your friends...if not, they are enemies to be feared...the horror"....col Kurtz

Quote Originally Posted by GoldMember View Post
    Guy Jones. I don't know what's ever become of him but he was a ripper. I think he just aged out and had some knee problems. I haven't seen him anywhere in probably 10 years. I used to ski with him a little bit before I moved my pass to Schweitzer.

ETA: He always lived at the base of Mt. Spokane and I just checked and he still does. He skied at night mostly because he worked days. Run up the hill, ski, be home in 15 minutes.
    Guy Jones is still skiing and making it look easy, seeing him out ski everyone else on just one leg when he shattered his ankle was super impressive but that was a few years back. He'll be at Bachelor in a week.

Quote Originally Posted by Benny Profane View Post
    My knee doctor told me to start thinking of skiing moguls as very lame a few years ago. As my instructor at Taos said, you don't see 40 year olds zipping bumps. Except Plake. How old is that guy, anyway?
    Only hurts if you do it wrong...

There’s a post from a mag who threw down a pretty nice run and did pretty well in a major comp in Canada for his 40th birthday. Space reserved if I can find it and link it.

Edit..here it is!

https://www.tetongravity.com/forums/...99#post4974999
    Last edited by ill-advised strategy; 05-13-2019 at 10:28 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by ill-advised strategy View Post
    There’s a post from a mag who threw down a pretty nice run and did pretty well in a major comp in Canada for his 40th birthday. Space reserved if I can find it and link it.

Edit..here it is!

https://www.tetongravity.com/forums/...99#post4974999
    Haha! Thats me.
    Ski it all. All the time.
    I just love to ski and I dont care whats infront of me...

I'm still skiing. If the weather clears tomorrow I will try to get some more old man footage

Quote Originally Posted by puregravity View Post
    a pair of used IDONE
    If you ever decide you want someone to take those IDOnes off your hands, let me know.
    Quote Originally Posted by ill-advised strategy View Post
    a mag who threw down a pretty nice run
    Quote Originally Posted by jetski View Post
    Haha! Thats me.
    Fuck yes. This is awesome. Jetski, I am impressed. I can tell you competed in the '90s by your stance and hand position. And I dug the old school aerials too, Helicopter, Spread Eagle, Twister, Twister. Gunna throw a Daffy next time?

If it's cool with you, I'm going to go ahead and cross-post this with the tangentially related Old Man Park Skiing thread.
    Quote Originally Posted by digitaldeath View Post
    Here’s the dumbest person on tgr
    "What are you trying to say? I'm crazy? When I went to your ski schools, I went on your church trips, I went to your alpine race-training facilities? So how can you say I'm crazy?!"

This video was taken at Killington this past Saturday. (not my vid) Great technique of every kind.

As far as the comment "you don't see 40 year olds zipping bump", interesting to note, more than half the people in the vid are 40+, some of those are 50+ and there are a couple who are 60+.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lT2f...&feature=share

We'll be hanging all weekend at the K beach.

Goniff uploaded this gif from Saturday K skiing of The Hammer zipping it up. He is well into his 50's.

skimag.com hammer

[img][/img]

JeanLuc Brassard

facebook.com/mogulskiing1
    www.apriliaforum.com

"If the road You followed brought you to this,of what use was the road"?

"I have no idea what I am talking about but would be happy to share my biased opinions as fact on the matter. "
    Ottime

Quote Originally Posted by Goombay View Post
    Killington this past Saturday
    Superstar! God bless slushy spring hero bumps. Wish I was there
    Quote Originally Posted by Vt-Freeheel View Post
    JeanLuc Brassard
    Hell yes. JLB is a freak of nature. ROM, quick feet.... incredible.
    Quote Originally Posted by digitaldeath View Post
    Here’s the dumbest person on tgr
    "What are you trying to say? I'm crazy? When I went to your ski schools, I went on your church trips, I went to your alpine race-training facilities? So how can you say I'm crazy?!"

Quote Originally Posted by Vt-Freeheel View Post
    We'll be hanging all weekend at the K beach.

Goniff uploaded this gif from Saturday K skiing of The Hammer zipping it up. He is well into his 50's.

skimag.com hammer

[img][/img]

JeanLuc Brassard

facebook.com/mogulskiing1
    honestly, no shit, I think this is the first time I've ever jonesed to go ski back east. That looks like a fun scene.

Here's a video I made featuring Vt-Freeheel, Buttahflake and non-mag Madhatter celebrating June 1, Superstar spring bumps, and a tribute to Radio Ron, who broke his leg the week before on SS. Sadly, he has not been back since then. He has been a big part of the spring bump culture at K and is missed.

Yeehaw

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

Some more stoke for the weekend K bumpers. This one I made this same weekend in 2017. A lot of the same play-ahs with a good mix of every disciplines.

That’s buttah in the green pants and Phil Zone tie dye! Can’t wait for tomorrow!
    crab in my shoe mouth

Quote Originally Posted by Goniff View Post
    Here's a video I made featuring Vt-Freeheel, Buttahflake and non-mag Madhatter celebrating June 1, Superstar spring bumps, and a tribute to Radio Ron, who broke his leg the week before on SS. Sadly, he has not been back since then. He has been a big part of the spring bump culture at K and is missed.

Buttah in the green pants. What a fun day.
    crab in my shoe mouth

Longest machine built line I have ever skied. 300 m and around 76 bumps. I was gassed and my lower back is sore...
    Not my best skiing but after staring at that line for 10 days I had to give it a go. Top 10 turns are way steeper than it looks. Location is saddle run area at Whistler

It is lame to ski moguls?

Dude, that looks awesome! Snow looked perfect. Nice turns, guy!

Just got home from Killington, my bump legs are back.
    Tomorrow will be insane if we get sun, bring it!
    crab in my shoe mouth

Dooood, you were gluuuuued!
    Quote Originally Posted by ilovetoskiatalta View Post
    Dude its losers like you that give ski bums a bad rap.