Page 15 of 28 FirstFirst ... 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by GoldMember View Post
    Tell that to Mike Hattrup, Glen Plake, Scot Schmidt and many others. They all started (and met through) skiing competitive moguls.
    huh?

Quote Originally Posted by californiagrown View Post
    Quick, fast turns, using the bumps as berms for turns make you feel unnaturally quick and nimble, then you can also use em to pop off of and double up, etc. Just another type of terrain to play around on and have fun with. Sorry you only find fun in limited terrain, you probably don't have as much fun on as many days.
    100 day seasons are fun. Going for my third straight season of 100 with both the Epic and Ikon. I guess if I was stuck skiing 1 mountain for limited days, I would find the “fun” of bumps. But at this point, it’s a big, “Fuck that.” LOL Sorry, boys.

Quote Originally Posted by bodywhomper View Post
    You do not ski steep committing lines at the ski hill that have moguls?

“Training tool”? What does that mean? Training for AK?
    It’s not steep if there are moguls on it. You gotta remember that what many Americans consider “steep”... really ain’t steep.

LOL. The idea of moguls on steeps is hilarious.

^^Pic from last year... This year is slated for Saturday March 23rd, if weather blows it will be moved to Sun Mar 24.

https://www.huntermtn.com/event/bumps-and-bbq/

Mother nature was very good to us last year

Quote Originally Posted by jackstraw View Post
    huh?
    Hattrup knew Schmidt from Squaw. He knew Plake from bump comps. Hattrup was on the US Freestyle Ski team prior to his film career. Plake competed with the Far West program out of Tahoe. My mislead on Schmidt, he had a racing background from Montana.

Quote Originally Posted by Best Mexican Skier from Da South View Post
    Funny how grown men will sit here and defend the concept of bumps being “fun,” due to the fact that they’ve attached their supposed skiing “prowess” and ego to skiing bumps. I’m happy for y’all, but your fragile ego is showing.
    Jesus, that's about the lamest comment yet. I like skiing bumps but, they're not what I would choose as first option for a day of skiing. I'll go with heli-skiing deep powder on steeps every time if I have a menu of choices for different conditions. But skiing bumps may be the best choice at times for even just a single run. Or partial run. But I sure as hell don't shy away from them and I don't measure skiing prowess strictly on ability to ski moguls. It's all about sliding on snow, having fun, no matter the conditions. I can have fun on just about anything.

It’s not steep if there are moguls on it. You gotta remember that what many Americans consider “steep”... really ain’t steep.

LOL. The idea of moguls on steeps is hilarious.
    WRONG

Just because they are not roundy, there are moguls in heavily trafficked steep chutes.
    Call them benches if you want, but the generic term is mogul.
    And most steep chutes end in a less steep apron or fan that develops into round moguls.

Moguls are God’s way of telling you too many skiers have been there before you have
    . . .

Well I think most would consider Crested Butte to be fairly technical skiing, and steep in places, and overall pretty damn fun.

And the whole mountain pretty much bumps out. Including Rambo at something like 52 degrees. I’d consider Rambo fairly steep.

But that’s just me.

"benches" haha!

since they are a "training tool" (for AK), can we call them stairmaster or something like that?

I thought he skied at mammoth? nope, no moguls on the steeper trader routes there.... ha!

100 day seasons are fun. Going for my third straight season of 100 with both the Epic and Ikon. I guess if I was stuck skiing 1 mountain for limited days, I would find the “fun” of bumps. But at this point, it’s a big, “Fuck that.” LOL Sorry, boys.
    100 days on the Groomers ..what an expert
    ski paintingshttp://michael-cuozzo.fineartamerica.com" horror has a face; you must make a friend of horror...horror and moral terror.. are your friends...if not, they are enemies to be feared...the horror"....col Kurtz

Saudan Coulior, Pallavacini, a bunch of stuff at Telluride, just off the top of my head are runs that are steep but get bumped out pretty fast. No question, there are a bunch of steep bump runs at several resorts.

Saudan Coulior, Pallavacini, a bunch of stuff at Telluride, just off the top of my head are runs that are steep but get bumped out pretty fast. No question, there are a bunch of steep bump runs at several resorts.

it was closed when i visited>but Al's is one th emost famous Mogul runs in NA..any Taos locals have a pic or 2?????
    ski paintingshttp://michael-cuozzo.fineartamerica.com" horror has a face; you must make a friend of horror...horror and moral terror.. are your friends...if not, they are enemies to be feared...the horror"....col Kurtz

Quote Originally Posted by bodywhomper View Post
    "benches" haha!

since they are a "training tool" (for AK), can we call them stairmaster or something like that?

I thought he skied at mammoth? nope, no moguls on the steeper trader routes there.... ha!
    Mammoth ain’t that steep. Try Diamond Bowl off Spanky’s in Blackcomb. That is steep. Try one of the North Couliors on Mt Johnson out of Bishop. That’s steep.

Y’all are like children and assume everyone is in the same situation as y’all. Well, sorry I have options for skiing in the BC or skiing at different resorts with both the IKON & Epic. Sorry, I can pretty much go anywhere with my 30 ft 5th where trailer + diesel truck combo. Sorry I think y’all have a dumb love for bumps/following where many skiers have gone.

Y’all can ski where many have been all you want. I ain’t hating. But in my personal opinion, bumps are lame.

Whenever I’m locked down to one resort or I’m too fat and lazy to work for BC objectives, I’ll join the moguls are cool crowd. LOL

Mammoth ain’t that steep. Try Diamond Bowl off Spanky’s in Blackcomb. That is steep. Try one of the North Couliors on Mt Johnson out of Bishop. That’s steep.

Y’all are like children and assume everyone is in the same situation as y’all. Well, sorry I have options for skiing in the BC or skiing at different resorts with both the IKON & Epic. Sorry, I can pretty much go anywhere with my 30 ft 5th where trailer + diesel truck combo. Sorry I think y’all have a dumb love for bumps/following where many skiers have gone.

Y’all can ski where many have been all you want. I ain’t hating. But in my personal opinion, bumps are lame.
    Diamond and Saphire are steep as is most of the stuff off Spanky's. Saudan Coulior (previously mentioned) and Big Bang are excellent at WB, too. Great skiing, for sure. I can't speak to anything on Mt. Johnson as I've never been there but I can appreciate that stuff. But slamming others for liking moguls is lame, especially when many of these runs do get bumped with the skier traffic. Your personal opinion is just...."like your opinion, man". Kind of meaningless for those who don't agree.

Whenever I’m locked down to one resort or I’m too fat and lazy to work for BC objectives, I’ll join the moguls are cool crowd. LOL
    No you won't. You'll be too old and feeble to ski bumps. You'll be sticking to the blue squares that the report shows were groomed in the A.M.

Diamond and Saphire are steep as is most of the stuff off Spanky's. Saudan Coulior (previously mentioned) and Big Bang are excellent at WB, too. Great skiing, for sure. I can't speak to anything on Mt. Johnson as I've never been there but I can appreciate that stuff. But slamming others for liking moguls is lame, especially when many of these runs do get bumped with the skier traffic. Your personal opinion is just...."like your opinion, man". Kind of meaningless for those who don't agree.
    Exactly. It’s just my opinion. But the TGR lynch mob for differing opinions is hilarious to fuck with. So much herd mentality in here which explains why people like to ski where many have been (i.e. Moguls).

lol, kiddo. this is fun! it looks like you finally started skiing in the backcountry. that's awesome. have a great time! california is a great place for it. plenty of super steeps, as you've seen in your guidebook, plenty of super fun techie stuff stuff (like the chutes off mt johnson), and plenty of moderate terrain. It's a great place for getting "out there." hopefully, we don't get suncupped to hell too early in the 5th season.

back to moguls:
    last time i was in the south lake area, hurd peak had moguls that were visible from the trailhead....

and plenty of the steeper runs at mammoth get mogulled: hangman's (I bet it ain't too steep this season anymore), varmits, phillipes, etc.

ime, the best way to enjoy bumps was on acid. especially when they were ice hard. the delusions of grandeur were especially hilarious.

Whenever I learn to actually ski, I’ll join the moguls are cool crowd. LOL
    Fixed it for you
    Go that way really REALLY fast. If something gets in your way, TURN!

It is lame to ski moguls?

Quote Originally Posted by I've seen black diamonds! View Post
    That guy’s lame and he sucks....if he was good, he’d hit a skin track!

Sent from my iPad using TGR Forums
    Last edited by smartyiak; 03-22-2019 at 03:48 AM.
    It makes perfect sense...until you think about it.

I suspect there's logic behind the madness, but I'm too dumb to see it.

Als run before they allowed knuckle draggers was the shit. Any of you ever ride the poma up Al's?

Im so hardcore i only ski diamond bowl...
    Off spankys lol
    I skied that shit when i was 12

Sent from my H3223 using Tapatalk

Excluding the first and last runs of the day, all I ski are bump runs.

I am as fucking lame as can be.

So yeah, mogul skiing is the lamest thing you can do on skis.

But Gnar Pow skiing is pretty lame too. All yall old folks here on TheGeezerRoom.com wouldn't know it, but the only unlame skiing is jibbin' or stompin' some rad Twirly-Wirly-360-Ass-Grabbers in the park.

Now that the children are in a frenzy over their beloved bumps, it’s mission accomplished. Heading out for a North Tahoe tour now. Spain was great, but it feels good to be back in the Sierra!