Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Solitude Hacked

A restaurant in Breckenridge got hacked recently and I was charged 3 different times for Skype calls in the U.K. not sure why you can't afford a 5 dollar Skype call but have at it I guess... lol

Quote Originally Posted by bamboocoreONLY View Post
    A restaurant in Breckenridge got hacked recently and I was charged 3 different times for Skype calls in the U.K. not sure why you can't afford a 5 dollar Skype call but have at it I guess... lol
    Most scammers will test your account with low dollar transactions like that. If your bank is good, they catch it and shut it down.

Quote Originally Posted by systemoverblow'd View Post
    Time to stop buying black rubber cocks online.
    probably not what they were doing and an example of poor communication technique.
    Last edited by flowing alpy; 02-14-2012 at 01:54 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by flowing alpy View Post
    please tell the story about how you were hacked in this manner so tgr's audience can better understand you.
    bobby
    Your mom told me it happened to your dad last time I was fisting her.

Local News station, Channel 2, is throwing Solitude Credit Card hacking around as a teaser. Looked at their website and found nothing. Tune in at 6 for more details.

Using a debit card is so dangerous because you don't have much protection.

my mom shit on systemblowstd's hand at some time in it's life, interesting news, i do not doubt it at all.
    hows that 2" look
    bobby

Gotta wonder how they know it is fixed if they don't know how it happened. Wonder if an employee was just skiiming numbers?

http://www.fox13now.com/news/local/k...,2068345.story
    When life gives you haters, make haterade.

My personal favorite its at 1:17. Really, you don't have my personal information. Bullshit. It's printed on the bottom of the receipt. I've been a passholder there for the last 5 years. You have more information on me than Jesus. Fucking Twatbubble.

http://connect2utah.com/news/top-sto.../vid_293.shtml

Just got hit today with a debit card transaction in FL, Chase caught it early.Fack
    "If we can't bring the mountain to the party, let's bring the PARTY to the MOUNTAIN!"

Quote Originally Posted by Phall View Post
    Just got hit today with a debit card transaction in FL, Chase caught it early.Fack
    That's what you get for skiing at Soli

Quote Originally Posted by BRUTAH View Post
    on friday someone used a counterfeit copy of my card in a florida wal mart.
    Why is it always wal mart? My card info got jacked a couple years ago, and dude in Los Altos bought a couple hundred dollars worth of goodies at wally world.

I told my buddy about it who also skis at solitude, also had his debit card number stolen and he called them about it. No sorry. No "the problem has been fixed." No details about for how long or how many transactions were lifted. nothing........

He's worried cause he used a different credit card up there on saturday, but all they would say is "the situation has been mitigated." whatever the fuck that means?!?!

Sometimes a simple sorry goes a long ways.
    too bad solitude is just managed shitty from the top down and they can't just say when they caught the problem, how they "fixed" it and from when to when were transactions lifted.

I'll be using cash from now on up there.

"mitigating" a problem that you don't know how it happened seems a lot like "we just hoping it doesn't happen again."
    Last edited by BRUTAH; 02-14-2012 at 05:27 PM.

Your cards are all being used to fund SkiLink. TaliskerTude thanks you for your donations

Solitude was not hacked there was a "Temporary Intrusion that has been mitigated". The only problem with that is that people have been hit after this wonderful memo has been sent out.

Pretty dumb / ballsy to try to play stone wall with something like this. In Massachusetts CMR17 made some severe consequences for not notifying residents.

Truth - problem is once they get your credit card info it can eventually lead to getting other stuff, like SS#'s. Sometimes they just use your CC info to try to evaluate how much $$$ you have. Then if it looks like you ball, they send skilled hackers after you. Get your SS and other info, and sell it, the buyers take out mortgages in your name, brand new CC's, etc. Then your F'd. Next thing you know your broke and trying to sue banks who gave mortgages in your name, etc. It's not pretty.

Companies should report security breaches AND then pay for a credit monitoring service for you for at least a year. Still causes you to lose an hour or so of your time. Way better than being a real victim of fraud.

But then I'm a jaded forensic accountant, so what do I know?

A LSD Steakhouse somewhere in the Wasatch
    I like NC good dude. I don't necessarily think those marketing bros get
    to choose their words.
    I KNOW
    A lot of damn good people work there or have in the past
    A lot of damn good skiing and access
    sillytude has always worked hard to remain unkrowded
    in one way or another

OCCUPY ICEPALACE
    or
    OCCUPY FANTASY
    if the no fall or knife edge ridge thing spooks you
    Alta has a convenient cat track through low danger low consequence terrain
    be there crack of noon tom.
    "When the child was a child it waited patiently for the first snow and it still does"- Van "The Man" Morrison
    "I find I have already had my reward, in the doing of the thing" - Buzz Holmstrom
    "THIS IS WHAT WE DO"-AML -ski on in eternal peace
    "I have posted in here but haven't read it carefully with my trusty PoliAsshat antenna on."-DipshitDanno

Quote Originally Posted by truth View Post
    I simply don't care where the breach may or may not have been and I've had my debit card number stolen at least 10 times in the past 5 years. Actually waiting on a new card right now as Chase Fraud Prevention shut mine down about a week ago. The cash was back in my account in 48 hours. I didn't lose any sleep over it. Perhaps you need a better bank as I've never been alerted by any vendor of any breach of security and highly doubt that you can actually prove that the fraud on any given charge was the result of any given breach. Every time you use a credit or debit card you run the risk of the # being stolen. Chase has been johnny on the spot with every instance of fraud. Another lesson is to not keep too much $ in the account a debit card is tied to. Use a separate savings account and transfer $ in as needed. That way you're not exposed to losing funds critical to rent, mortgage or other payments that might prove troublesome while you wait for a settlement.
    A cursory review of your signature, which links to your website, reveals you are a "partner" with
    Solitude. Maybe you should have mentioned that at the outset of your post.

Additionally, a cursory review of my memory reveals that you called Plakespeare out for being a
    selfish douche, AFTER he lost his battle with cancer.

You need to take a look in the mirror my friend.

Chase bank too??

Sent from my DROIDX using TGR Forums
    Quote Originally Posted by Hohes View Post
    I couldn't give a fuck, but today I am procrastinating so TGR is my filler.
    Quote Originally Posted by skifishbum View Post
    faceshots are a powerful currency
    get paid

A LSD Steakhouse somewhere in the Wasatch
    Truths a partner???
    Well lets get fantasy open
    highway is cuttin into my "down" time.
    Truths truth I don't always agree, and doubt I'll ever be one of his atheletes, but he's like most everyone at solitude is a good peeps in my book.
    I blame Leaffy G eurodork
    Sounds like soli patrol/snow safety has quite a few on injured reserve
    healin vibes sent
    Oh and in case I haven't said it imo
    what locals think has never been a priority in how sillytudes run.
    probably never will be.
    "When the child was a child it waited patiently for the first snow and it still does"- Van "The Man" Morrison
    "I find I have already had my reward, in the doing of the thing" - Buzz Holmstrom
    "THIS IS WHAT WE DO"-AML -ski on in eternal peace
    "I have posted in here but haven't read it carefully with my trusty PoliAsshat antenna on."-DipshitDanno