Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Solitude Hacked

Solitude Hacked

Solitude's credit card system was hacked. They got my number and it was used 5 times in Cali this last week. Unfortunately they're not telling their customers unless you ask. Complete horseshit.

doughboyshredder Guest
    Not notifying their customers should be a criminal offense, if it is not already.

Yeah, totally BS that it won't cost you a dime since your CC Co. is on the hook for the fraud. You should "Occupy Solitude" to protest.

doughboyshredder Guest
    What's bullshit is them not notifying their customers. Most people don't follow their statement on a daily basis. Depending on the amount of fraud some people might not ever notice. The more cost there is for the CC companies the more it costs all of us.

Not sure why anyone would defend a business not notifying their customers of a breach of security like this.

Quote Originally Posted by doughboyshredder View Post
    Not sure why anyone would defend a business not notifying their customers of a breach of security like this.
    Cuz it's truth?

Sent from my DROIDX using TGR Forums
    Quote Originally Posted by Hohes View Post
    I couldn't give a fuck, but today I am procrastinating so TGR is my filler.
    Quote Originally Posted by skifishbum View Post
    faceshots are a powerful currency
    get paid

Actually, it was my debit card. How bout you front me the $2k till it gets sorted out.

Quote Originally Posted by truth View Post
    Yeah, totally BS that it won't cost you a dime since your CC Co. is on the hook for the fraud. You should "Occupy Solitude" to protest.
    Says the guy who doesn't give a shit because it isn't his card. I'm sure you'd be pissed if it was you. That's bullshit that they aren't doing anything to notify customers
    "The challenge is to be yourself in a world that is trying to make you like everyone else" Jamie Pierre

Quote Originally Posted by YourMomJustCalled View Post
    Actually, it was my debit card. How bout you front me the $2k till it gets sorted out.
    Just one more reason I never use the debit card except to deposit and withdraw from my account.
    Quote Originally Posted by leroy jenkins View Post
    I think you'd have an easier time understanding people if you remembered that 80% of them are fucking morons.
    That is why I like dogs, more than most people.

Quote Originally Posted by liv2ski View Post
    Just one more reason I never use the debit card except to deposit and withdraw from my account.
    Agreed, but the wife and I have been busting our hump to get the credit paid off for a few years. We've been exclusively debit for about 3 years now. This is the first time bitten, lesson learned.

I simply don't care where the breach may or may not have been and I've had my debit card number stolen at least 10 times in the past 5 years. Actually waiting on a new card right now as Chase Fraud Prevention shut mine down about a week ago. The cash was back in my account in 48 hours. I didn't lose any sleep over it. Perhaps you need a better bank as I've never been alerted by any vendor of any breach of security and highly doubt that you can actually prove that the fraud on any given charge was the result of any given breach. Every time you use a credit or debit card you run the risk of the # being stolen. Chase has been johnny on the spot with every instance of fraud. Another lesson is to not keep too much $ in the account a debit card is tied to. Use a separate savings account and transfer $ in as needed. That way you're not exposed to losing funds critical to rent, mortgage or other payments that might prove troublesome while you wait for a settlement.

I simply don't care where the breach may or may not have been and I've had my debit card number stolen at least 10 times in the past 5 years. Actually waiting on a new card right now as Chase Fraud Prevention shut mine down about a week ago. The cash was back in my account in 48 hours. I didn't lose any sleep over it. Perhaps you need a better bank as I've never been alerted by any vendor of any breach of security and highly doubt that you can actually prove that the fraud on any given charge was the result of any given breach. Every time you use a credit or debit card you run the risk of the # being stolen. Chase has been johnny on the spot with every instance of fraud. Another lesson is to not keep too much $ in the account a debit card is tied to. Use a separate savings account and transfer $ in as needed. That way you're not exposed to losing funds critical to rent, mortgage or other payments that might prove troublesome while you wait for a settlement.
    Wow. 10 times in 5 years. Time to stop using it as your license plate number. And as for Chase, yeah they're a greaaaaaaaat bank.

Oh, and yes I can prove that they were breached and knew about it. I'm sure its merely coincidence that they were hacked and my number was stolen, all in the same week. Riiiiight.

I simply don't care where the breach may or may not have been and I've had my debit card number stolen at least 10 times in the past 5 years.
    Time to stop buying black rubber cocks online.

Emphasis added.

Utah Code
    Title 13
    Commerce and Trade
    Chapter 44
    Protection of Personal Information Act
    Section 202
    Personal information -- Disclosure of system security breach.
    13-44-202. Personal information -- Disclosure of system security breach.
    (1) (a) A person who owns or licenses computerized data that includes personal information concerning a Utah resident shall, when the person becomes aware of a breach of system security, conduct in good faith a reasonable and prompt investigation to determine the likelihood that personal information has been or will be misused for identity theft or fraud purposes.
    (b) If an investigation under Subsection (1)(a) reveals that the misuse of personal information for identity theft or fraud purposes has occurred, or is reasonably likely to occur, the person shall provide notification to each affected Utah resident.
    (2) A person required to provide notification under Subsection (1) shall provide the notification in the most expedient time possible without unreasonable delay:
    (a) considering legitimate investigative needs of law enforcement, as provided in Subsection (4)(a);
    (b) after determining the scope of the breach of system security; and
    (c) after restoring the reasonable integrity of the system.
    (3) (a) A person who maintains computerized data that includes personal information that the person does not own or license shall notify and cooperate with the owner or licensee of the information of any breach of system security immediately following the person's discovery of the breach if misuse of the personal information occurs or is reasonably likely to occur.
    (b) Cooperation under Subsection (3)(a) includes sharing information relevant to the breach with the owner or licensee of the information.
    (4) (a) Notwithstanding Subsection (2), a person may delay providing notification under Subsection (1) at the request of a law enforcement agency that determines that notification may impede a criminal investigation.
    (b) A person who delays providing notification under Subsection (4)(a) shall provide notification in good faith without unreasonable delay in the most expedient time possible after the law enforcement agency informs the person that notification will no longer impede the criminal investigation.
    (5) (a) A notification required by this section may be provided:
    (i) in writing by first-class mail to the most recent address the person has for the resident;
    (ii) electronically, if the person's primary method of communication with the resident is by electronic means, or if provided in accordance with the consumer disclosure provisions of 15 U.S.C. Section 7001;
    (iii) by telephone, including through the use of automatic dialing technology not prohibited by other law; or
    (iv) by publishing notice of the breach of system security:
    (A) in a newspaper of general circulation; and
    (B) as required in Section 45-1-101.
    (b) If a person maintains the person's own notification procedures as part of an information security policy for the treatment of personal information the person is considered to be in compliance with this chapter's notification requirements if the procedures are otherwise consistent with this chapter's timing requirements and the person notifies each affected Utah resident in accordance with the person's information security policy in the event of a breach.
    (c) A person who is regulated by state or federal law and maintains procedures for a breach of system security under applicable law established by the primary state or federal
    regulator is considered to be in compliance with this part if the person notifies each affected Utah resident in accordance with the other applicable law in the event of a breach.
    (6) A waiver of this section is contrary to public policy and is void and unenforceable.

Quote Originally Posted by YourMomJustCalled View Post
    Wow. 10 times in 5 years. Time to stop using it as your license plate number. And as for Chase, yeah they're a greaaaaaaaat bank.

Oh, and yes I can prove that they were breached and knew about it. I'm sure its merely coincidence that they were hacked and my number was stolen, all in the same week. Riiiiight.
    Reading is hard but that doesn't mean you're not dumber than fuck. Can you prove that the Soli hack is the cause of your fraud or not? Point is there's no shortage of places your card number may have been swiped. Say what you want about Chase but my panties aren't the ones in a bunch over a missing $2000. My $ is right where it's supposed to be and my new card arrived in the mail today. Guess all I need now is to order up new vanity plates.

That's pretty fucking ghey.

Imagine if tgr was hacked and didn't notify you to change you password. Except in this instance, your password costs $2,000.
    Yes, Chase bank has very good fraud protection. You know who apparently doesn't? Solitude's credit card processors.
    Nor is Solitude liable for any losses you incur. This is what happens when people who don't understand computers are in charge of PR. That, and the Snowbowl website. And apparently they also violated the law.
    Truth, your credit card has been stolen once every 2 years? You should stop waving it around. Look at the address bar when you submit a credit card number to god knows who, and make sure the web address starts with "https://"
    did you notice the "s"? It's very important. It keeps your info from being transmitted in clear text.
    And what is with hackers constantly hitting the ski industry? Is being a computer nerd just that mainstream now?
    No longer stuck.

Quote Originally Posted by stuckathuntermtn View Post
    Just an uneducated guess.

This would also be a PCI (payment card industry) violation, find out who does their payment processing, contact VISA vendor support etc. and complain.

happened to a shitload of soli employees as well.

Reading is hard but that doesn't mean you're not dumber than fuck. Can you prove that the Soli hack is the cause of your fraud or not? Point is there's no shortage of places your card number may have been swiped. Say what you want about Chase but my panties aren't the ones in a bunch over a missing $2000. My $ is right where it's supposed to be and my new card arrived in the mail today. Guess all I need now is to order up new vanity plates.
    11 years and still a douche. Attaboy!

A LSD Steakhouse somewhere in the Wasatch
    ahh sillytude
    if ya only knew
    like i no
    least highways & been open and the village gate opens when i say the magic words
    free vert and free parking
    vibes on the pita
    I'm gonna miss J and katie
    nothing that happens there surprises me
    well cept that contract thing
    i'd thougt you'd read it
    bro
    "When the child was a child it waited patiently for the first snow and it still does"- Van "The Man" Morrison
    "I find I have already had my reward, in the doing of the thing" - Buzz Holmstrom
    "THIS IS WHAT WE DO"-AML -ski on in eternal peace
    "I have posted in here but haven't read it carefully with my trusty PoliAsshat antenna on."-DipshitDanno

I got even with them for you, I hacked the shit out of that place today.

Quote Originally Posted by BobMc View Post
    I got even with them for you, I hacked the shit out of that place today.
    "When the child was a child it waited patiently for the first snow and it still does"- Van "The Man" Morrison
    "I find I have already had my reward, in the doing of the thing" - Buzz Holmstrom
    "I have posted in here but haven't read it carefully with my trusty PoliAsshat antenna on."-DipshitDanno

well i'm gonna chalk my recent debit card fraud case up to solitude's fault
    on friday someone used a counterfeit copy of my card in a florida wal mart.
    and i've used my card to buy beers and food up at solitude this year
    my bank was on it super fast, declined the second time they tried to use my card.
    called me minutes after the transaction went though.
    i'm not liable for the charges, but won't have a new debit card till sometime this week

on a total unrelated note, but solitude solitude related........

watch someone try to drive around the gate on the upper lot at solitude, snapped it right off!!!
    seen a few people that were able to drive around both sides, short gates long jacket........

smart gates, if you scan in with a seasons pass but then don't scan out, it won't let you in the next day
    not sure why anyone would have to pay as seasons passes and day passes get you out
    parking on bcc hasn't been an issue yet this year for the tourons

Quote Originally Posted by BRUTAH View Post
    not sure why anyone would have to pay as seasons passes and day passes get you out
    $18 pitchers at the parched rodent?
    aint just about the skiiin ya know
    11" no highway2slackcountry today

I was just there last week and returned home yesterday to an empty debit card account. Thanks to my buddy Matt pouting me here to find out why. I would have really appreciated the heads up from solitude.
    -r

I was just there last week and returned home yesterday to an empty debit card account. Thanks to my buddy Matt (long time tgr member) pointing me here to find out why. I would have really appreciated the heads up from solitude.
    -r