January

Slot 1 open

Slot 2 open

February

Slot 1 open

Slot 2 open

March

Slot 1 L8APX and the kick off the Vagabond Fly project

Slot 2 L8APX just in case he wants to have 2 weeks in addition to fish this box

April

Slot 1 open

Slot 2 open

May

Slot 1 open

Slot 2 Point em Straight

June

Slot 1 Mushmouth(saltwater stripers?)
    Slot 2 Mushmouth

July

Slot 1 Schwerty

Slot 2 Joey Joe Joe Junior Shabadoo

August

Slot 1

Slot 2 Gretch6364

September

Slot 1 Acheateaux

Slot 2 take going to AKami (Canuckastan)

October

Slot 1 Sublime(Salmon)

Slot 2 open

November

Slot 1 open

Slot 2 open

December

Slot 1 open

Slot 2 open

couple dozen nymphs going in the mail today.
    "We had nice 3 days in your autonomous mountain realm last weekend." - Tom from Austria (the Rax ski guy)

How is this going? Anyone do any fishing with the flies yet? Maybe we could get a quick pic of the box on its first trip out!
    "We had nice 3 days in your autonomous mountain realm last weekend." - Tom from Austria (the Rax ski guy)

I'd be up for slot 1 in May, then I could meet up with and hand off in a river, the box to Point em. I was just emailing with him trying to narrow down a day to do some fishing.

Sent from my ADR6350 using TGR Forums
    Five minutes into the drive and you're already driving me crazy...

Quote Originally Posted by mnflyfish View Post
    I'd be up for slot 1 in May, then I could meet up with and hand off in a river, the box to Point em. I was just emailing with him trying to narrow down a day to do some fishing.

Pm me your address and I'll get the box out to you by may 1st.
    Harvest the ride.

The box is already seeing some action. The hendricksons came about 3-4 weeks early this year. Add to that the fact that we didn't have a crazy runoff and you get some big browns on top.

Harvest the ride.

Holy shit! I need to make a trip to the east for some of those pigs someday.

So I guess I should be fishing in SoVT, eh??
    go Go GO!

23-24: 63. 22-23: 56. 21-22: ?. 20-21: 10+?. 19-20: 79. 18-19: 86! 17-18: 80. 16-17: 56. 15-16: 40. 14-15: 33. 13-14: 56ish. 12-13: 51. 11-12: 65. 10-11: 69. 09-10: 65.

Beauties L8APX

The box is on it's way to MN. Nice asortment of bugs in there. Everyone who gets the box should post a picture of the contents before fishing it.
    Harvest the ride.

Would you look at what the UPS man left on my doorstep! Now I have to choose where to fish first, fight the crowds for the WI Trout Opener (the early season closed yesterday) or head to the North Shore, there are a couple flies that have steelhead/looper written all over them.

I'm all but positive I won't have the luck to L8PX had, I've seen a handful of fish like that around here, and then only once that didn't involve shocking the river with the DNR. I will give it a try, I need to plan my two weeks!

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMAG0197 (1).jpg 
Views:	153 
Size:	1.39 MB 
ID:	115173

Well my time with the box has come to a close. I used, and lost one fly, put a half dozen "regional" favorites that I'd love someone out west to try, and had a fantastic day fishing. Didn't get to really use my time like I would have liked, heavy rain for 19 days will make for a tough couple weeks. But today the box and I caught a dozen browns over 12 inches, a ton of 8 inch fish, and I dropped the box off with Point Em on my way home, and enjoyed a fine beer. I did take a couple picks that I will get posted when I'm at a computer. What a great day...

mnfly did indeed drop the box my my casa, and I fed him some fine homebrew courtesy of my boss (dude is a master brewer).

It's been raining a shitton here so everything is blown, to smithereens.... making for a tough go on the midwest leg of the Vagabond box.

Mushmouth, looks like you're next. PM me your address and I'll get this bad boy in the mail.

The box arrived in NYC about 6 days ago. I don't have much use for all the little things in it, but was able to land a LMB on the grasshoppah...will post pics/vid shortly.

Who's next?
    ...And the greatest ice must crumble when it's flower's time to grow.

Mail it over to me(too late to sign up now?), or hand deliver it and we can throw at some fish. Footage would be great as they are in a foot of water or less.
    A woman reported to police at 6:30 p.m. that she was being "smart-mouthed."

Quote Originally Posted by 2nd mate View Post
    Mail it over to me(too late to sign up now?), or hand deliver it and we can throw at some fish. Footage would be great as they are in a foot of water or less.
    Where are you now?

right this second I am in Lithicum Heights MD. Late this Friday I will be back in Salem for a couple weeks.
    A woman reported to police at 6:30 p.m. that she was being "smart-mouthed."

I'd be down for an August or October slot.

The box arrived in WY yesterday! There is some really nice stuff in there. Can't wait to get out and try a few bugs.

Good to hear it made it. Sorry 2ndM!

So...where are the pics Schwerty? Have you caught any fish with flies from the box? If so, which ones?

Quote Originally Posted by gretch6364 View Post
    So...where are the pics Schwerty? Have you caught any fish with flies from the box? If so, which ones?
    I can't take pics to save my life. Don' t even take a camera outside of my phone, which rarely comes out.

Had the box out for a day on the Snake River. Took a couple fish on the big stones and a nymph pattern that is slipping my mind right now.

Some really cool bugs in there! Let's keep this going.

I am happy to send it along the line. Who's next?

Quote Originally Posted by schwerty View Post
    I can't take pics to save my life. Don' t even take a camera outside of my phone, which rarely comes out.

Had the box out for a day on the Snake River. Took a couple fish on the big stones and a nymph pattern that is slipping my mind right now.

Some really cool bugs in there! Let's keep this going.

I am happy to send it along the line. Who's next?
    I think I'm next but I'm about to leave for week of fishing with family up in Ennis on Sat. I'd say we could do the hand-off there or something but you're down by Jackson aren't you Schwerty? You can just keep it an extra week as the first slot in August is open and then I can send it on to Gretch for the end of the month??
    "They don't think it be like it is, but it do."

Quote Originally Posted by Joey Joe Joe Junior Shabadoo View Post
    I think I'm next but I'm about to leave for week of fishing with family up in Ennis on Sat. I'd say we could do the hand-off there or something but you're down by Jackson aren't you Schwerty? You can just keep it an extra week as the first slot in August is open and then I can send it on to Gretch for the end of the month??
    Yep, in Jackson. Wish I could make the drive up for a hand off this weekend but not looking good. I'll see of the Sunday hall pass has been checked out yet....not likely I'm gonna get it this wknd.

I'll shoot you a PM if I can get up there. otherwise shoot me one with your info when you get home.

Quote Originally Posted by schwerty View Post
    Yep, in Jackson. Wish I could make the drive up for a hand off this weekend but not looking good. I'll see of the Sunday hall pass has been checked out yet....not likely I'm gonna get it this wknd.

I'll shoot you a PM if I can get up there. otherwise shoot me one with your info when you get home.
    Don't worry about trying to get up there this next week. You can just hang on to it and I'll send you my info when we get back.
    "They don't think it be like it is, but it do."