Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Sublime View Post
    Yeah demand hasn't been what I would think it would have been. Not sure if people just aren't looking in the fishing forums due to it being an off season. On the other side there is only 24 slots open which isn't that many and they should fill up fast.

Either way we might have to shrink it down to a large fly box and have this be a dual salt/fresh box. And if it gets going have the salt box added later on?
    This place seems to light up a little in March and then a bit more in April. We can start it going and hopefully people will trickle in. There are some guys around here that don't tie so we won't have everybody.

I'll take the last slot in July. I'll drop some flies in the mail next week hopefully
    "They don't think it be like it is, but it do."

I am going to PM you so you know, but I will take 2nd August slot. Only seems fair for a CO guy to take a middle of the summer slot when you other boys are not fishing as much ;-)

I only tie nymphs, but I have tied a shit load of them and will mail several dozen first week of March. I would be more then happy to take care of the nymph and midge portion of the box.

Would be better for medium sized stuff or the super small stuff? I tie shit down to the mid 20s, but can also put stuff in the 16 to 18 range as well. Thoughts?

Edit: Just saw ACheateaux is looking at the First September or Last August slot. he can have first pick, and I will take the other. ACheateaux are you in Evergreen, CO? If we have slots next to eachother, we don't have to mail it! Maybe we could even fish together! You will see a lot of Dorsey inspired nymphs in the box from me..haha. That is where I learned to tie.
    "We had nice 3 days in your autonomous mountain realm last weekend." - Tom from Austria (the Rax ski guy)

Some of the stuff I will tie up, fopr reference:

Is this shit even useful outside of CO?
    "We had nice 3 days in your autonomous mountain realm last weekend." - Tom from Austria (the Rax ski guy)

NICE! I like to see people rolling in and signing up for the box. Yeah, if anyone is around Southern Alberta or South Eastern BC this summer and want spend some time on the water, I'd be up for some splitting a 6 pack and hooking into some nice cutties/rainbows

Quote Originally Posted by gretch6364 View Post
    Some of the stuff I will tie up, fopr reference:

Is this shit even useful outside of CO?
    I know we use all that shit here in N. Cal. Hard to tell in the pic what size those are. But we use zebras, WD's and the like in 18-22.

Yeah demand hasn't been what I would think it would have been. Not sure if people just aren't looking in the fishing forums due to it being an off season. On the other side there is only 24 slots open which isn't that many and they should fill up fast.

Either way we might have to shrink it down to a large fly box and have this be a dual salt/fresh box. And if it gets going have the salt box added later on?
    And I'd be in, but I don't tie... yet.

I am wondering what happened to Patrick's Maria replacment though. What up P Monkey?

For the non tiers, sign up fish the goods take pictures and buy a 1/2 dozen of your favorite local shop fly and throw em in. We can do one box no problem. Do you guys want a bugger barn or a med sized bugger beast? I'll take the april 1st slot and keep the submission going until then.

Fly deadline is April 1st as I'll be in Asia the last two weeks of march.
    Harvest the ride.

Quote Originally Posted by L8APX View Post
    For the non tiers, sign up fish the goods take pictures and buy a 1/2 dozen of your favorite local shop fly and throw em in. We can do one box no problem. Do you guys want a bugger barn or a med sized bugger beast? I'll take the april 1st slot and keep the submission going until then.

Fly deadline is April 1st as I'll be in Asia the last two weeks of march.
    I agree. Non-tiers should definitely get in on this!

Gretch - Those patterns are useful all over the place. Even outside of western tailwaters.

Sent out some flies this morning to L8APX...Let me know when they arrive, I am interested to see how long shipping from Canada takes to get to you.

List of flies sent:
    6 Montana Stone
    4 Foam Stimualtor
    6 Mosquito
    5 Black Elk Hair Caddis
    4 Tan Elk Hair Caddis
    3 Elk Hair Beetle
    1 Royal Wulf
    3 Griz Hackle/Olive wing...things
    3 Prince Nymph
    3 Foam Bank Robber (I didn't tie these)

Updated list

Sorry for the delay tried for some steel this weekend but they just weren't into much of anything I was throwing.

I say let's for for the medium bugger beast that way we don't run out of room and if guys want to tie up streaming we don't have to worry about running out of room. Plus it gives us more room for people to sign and customize.

Here is the updated list and as you can see that it is filling up pretty fast. All get back to the vise this week and tie maybe a dozen or so and send them off to you. Make sure you arrange with the person above and below you so you have their addy and what time they need it, I'm keeping a master list just in case anything happens.

I was going to throw in

4 STS wooly buggers sz 8
    4 Antron Bugs sz 10
    2 Egg Sucking Speys sz 6(had these for an idea and just went for it curious to see if someone can get them to work or if i should scrap the idea)
    2 black stones sz 10

January

Slot 1 open

Slot 2 open

February

Slot 1 open

Slot 2 open

March

Slot 1 L8APX and the kick off the Vagabond Fly project

Slot 2 L8APX just in case he wants to have 2 weeks in addition to fish this box

April

Slot 1 open

Slot 2 open

May

Slot 1 open

Slot 2 open

June

Slot 1 Mushmouth(saltwater stripers?)
    Slot 2 Mushmouth

July

Slot 1 Schwerty

Slot 2 Joey Joe Joe Junior Shabadoo

August

Slot 1

Slot 2 Gretch6364

September

Slot 1 Acheateaux

Slot 2 take going to AKami (Canuckastan)

October

Slot 1 Sublime(Salmon)

Slot 2 open

November

Slot 1 open

Slot 2 open

December

Slot 1 open

Slot 2 open
    Last edited by Sublime; 02-22-2012 at 01:50 PM.

Sublime - I wouldn't mind moving up, (sooner), on the list.

Moved you up to the first spot in July that good with you?

I'll play. Put me down for sometime from August - November and I'll try to rustle up a big brown from the Rio. I figure I'll hold off on the flies until I see what needs to be added. I don't tie anymore but I can get my hands on some top secret FBI bugs for the next maggot!

Moved you up to the first spot in July that good with you?
    Excellent! Thx

Flies shipped.

Hey L8APX, did my flies make it to you ontime?

X 2.

Cdgvxggc

I'll take salt, end of May!

So far I have got two sets of flies from what appears to be AK and AC. Nice work guys, where are the rest of them?
    Harvest the ride.

Been working like a beast lately but managed to tie up a small handful tonight. I would like to see em off but not sure who to send them to?

Been busy with work and moving but mine will go out this week.
    "They don't think it be like it is, but it do."

I will see if I can get some tied up this weekend. March 15th is a huge deadline at work and as a public accountant, I have been slaving away the last couple weeks....I know....blah blah.

Send them to me at the address above. You have til April 1st.
    Harvest the ride.

Just got back from about 2 weeks in Costa Rica. I will try and get some out but might have to add when the box gets to the Tetons.

I'm in...

Sublime, is the list updated? I'd take Slot 2 (trout box) in May as I have some time on the water planned.

L8APX - I'll get some flies in the mail to you in a few days, they'll be there by April 1st...
    Last edited by pointemstraight; 03-22-2012 at 08:11 PM.