Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 9
    This is real simple. Watch that video again- FF to the end and watch how the guy in the maroon jacket makes it look effortless. That is your goal. The jackhammer, knees to the eyebrows, look at me- I've got big white kneepads on, look doesn't mean you are a great bump skier. There are, as I see it, 3 techniques I have always tried to have-

1. Super flowy easy style like maroon jacket.
    2. Knees hopping, zipperline as fast as you can, like Plake or any comp skier.
    3. Super stylie airing from bump to bump, or skying 2 or 3 bumps at a time. Like Plake.

If anyone has a video of themselves doing all three of these things, I will claim you TGR king of moguls, and we can move on.

Quote Originally Posted by bendtheski View Post
    Here you go- FF to 3:53. Kirk Sisson is the best skier in this video. Take notes.

at the bottom of the worst air in the USA
    Quote Originally Posted by bullhorn View Post
    Did i just log onto Epic by accident ?
    It took 3 pages of this thread to get to this expected post. 5 years ago this thread would have been clowned hard by post # 2!
    Not soliciting business through casual internet associations

I know its a bad year but... 9 pages... wow.

Quote Originally Posted by warthog View Post
    Here you go- FF to 3:53. Kirk Sisson is the best skier in this video. Take notes.
    That seems to be the consensus. I'll tell Kirk, he'll be psyched to know he's still a celebrity 10 years after the fact. The guy is a rock solid skier, no bs.
    Quote Originally Posted by ilovetoskiatalta View Post
    Dude its losers like you that give ski bums a bad rap.

If you're in NH looking for a bump lesson, head over to Whaleback. Good place to get one-on-one instruction from someone who knows what they are talking about.

Quote Originally Posted by powbmps View Post
    If you're in NH looking for a bump lesson, head over to Whaleback. Good place to get one-on-one instruction from someone who knows what they are talking about.
    Truth. Whaleback was re-opened by former world cup and olympic bump skier Evan Dybvig. Even with both acl's gone the guy could absolutely crush it in the bumps and pretty much everywhere else. I'd imagine his coaching/instructor staff is top notch, and probably some great terrain to apply what you're learning.

wow 9 pages... If this keeps up I might have to do some filming and post up some real mogul skiing. Not one spraffy in all those vids. WTF! Spreads and spraffys are an integral part of skiing bumps. If you aren't in the air more than on the ground you are doing it wrong. Just lean back and giver!
    Too bad my local mountain grooms the shit out of any interesting pitch.

Truth. Whaleback was re-opened by former world cup and olympic bump skier Evan Dybvig. Even with both acl's gone the guy could absolutely crush it in the bumps and pretty much everywhere else. I'd imagine his coaching/instructor staff is top notch, and probably some great terrain to apply what you're learning.
    Evan was an animal. Unfortunately, I was there for both of his ACL tears, on the DV course during the run up years to 2002. If his knees had kept in one piece...
    Quote Originally Posted by RockBoy View Post
    The wife's not gonna be happy when she sees a few dollars missing from the savings and a note on the door that reads, "Gone to AK for the week. Remember to walk the dog."
    Quote Originally Posted by kannonbal View Post
    Damn it. You never get a powder day you didn't ski back. The one time you blow off a day, or a season, it will be the one time it is the miracle of all history. The indescribable flow, the irreplaceable nowness, the transcendental dance; blink and you miss it.
    Some people blink their whole lives.

Evan wears quite a few hats there, with instructor being one of them. I took a lesson from him a couple years ago. As an aging mogul skiing fanboy, it was a bit intimidating. Typical shitty conditions, but he ripped it on beat up jib skis and no poles.

Quote Originally Posted by jetski View Post
    wow 9 pages... If this keeps up I might have to do some filming and post up some real mogul skiing. Not one spraffy in all those vids. WTF! Spreads and spraffys are an integral part of skiing bumps. If you aren't in the air more than on the ground you are doing it wrong. Just lean back and giver!
    Too bad my local mountain grooms the shit out of any interesting pitch.
    Don't forget the spread-ball-grab, a guaranteed crowd pleaser!. Extra G.N.A.R. points if you turn your head and cough.

This thread has officially jumped the shark and I've been helping drive the boat.
    Last edited by bendtheski; 02-20-2012 at 04:58 PM.