Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
    Thanks again for everyone's input. Hard choice with the Westin and Hilton near San Jose del Cabo in the mix, but I think we're going to go to Sayulita, just north of Puerto Vallarta, and stay at Playa Escondida. Maybe I'll do some surfing after all.

Building a fighting force of extra-ordinary magnitude
    I went to Sayulita on Christmas day a few years back, not a bad time at all.

A bunch of cabaleros were standing around this beat up ol pick-up with a bottle of tequila and a bottle of Squirt (Mexican Fresca). I thought to myself "hmm....can weathered old Mexi dudes be wrong? Tequila and Squirt?" Turns out no, no they were not wrong. F'n delicious.

Zihuatenejo (sp?) is about an hour or so up the road, worth a visit it's a cool town full of super nice folks. Good street eats as well as some fancy schmancy. Ixtapa...meh..it's huge hotels and manicured lawns and shit...might as well just go to Florida. it's not bad per se, but if you are going to another culture, dive in ya know?
    thats new hampshire as fuck

We ain't eager to be legal, so please leave me with the keys to your Jeep Eagle.

If you have a car, and you are into birding a drive north to San Blas would not be a bad idea. It is one of the prime birding sites in Mexico. Unfortunately most of the winter migrants will likely have left by the time you get there. I had my only sighting of a painted bunting not far from there.

I agree it is a constitutional right for Americans to be assholes...its just too bad that so many take the opportunity...
    iscariot