Page 10 of 12 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 LastLast

Thread: Tiger...

OG can weigh in on this with more evidence/experience - but as far as his golfing goes I suspect one could recover from lower leg fractures. The other potential injuries (brain injury, spine injury, shoulder/hip joint injuries, soft tissue shoulder injuries) if present could definitely be career ending.

Late for his tee time?

bunch of cunts in here, hope for a recovery and to see him on the course again either as a Ryder Cup Capt or playing competitively. Ben Hogan did it I'm sure Tiger can too.

vibezzzzzzz

Seriously, nothing funny about this.
    I ski 135 degree chutes switch to the road.

CNN says he was awake when help arrived and is awake now post surgery. Those are both positive signs.

I don't know what his leg injuries are and what the prospect for full recovery is, but the back surgery he had in January is worrisome I would think.

Yeah; heard it was his 5th () back surgery. More than one is never a good sign.

ESPN reported open, comminuted, right tibial fracture that required placement of a rod, screws and pins to fix ankle and foot fractures on the same side, and a fasciotomy. Add that to a bad back recovering from its 5th surgery plus 45 years of roaming the planet and prospects for returning to high level golf are not good.

At best, Tiger’s future prospects as a professional tour golpher will be limited to the senior’s tour. In and of itself, the open comminuted fracture may not be career ending; however, when combined with his age and back problems his ability to perform on a PGA tour level is history.
    “How does it feel to be the greatest guitarist in the world? I don’t know, go ask Rory Gallagher”. — Jimi Hendrix

Sheriff's office stated he wasn't intoxicated.
    "fuck off you asshat gaper shit for brains fucktard wanker." - Jesus Christ
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "everybody's got their hooks into you, fuck em....forge on motherfuckers, drag all those bitches across the goal line with you." - (not so) ill-advised strategy

Quote Originally Posted by PB View Post
    Yeah; heard it was his 5th () back surgery. one is never a good sign.
    fify (says the guy who had one, although I had no choice)

open comminuted tib fib fractures often come with artery and nerve damage, depending on the level. That they fixed him with internal hardware and not an external fixator is good, I think. That they had to do a fasciotomy not so good.
    But Alex Smith, so . . .

Quote Originally Posted by schindlerpiste View Post
    At best, Tiger’s future prospects as a professional tour golpher
    You mean the little brown, furry rodents?

cue Caddyshack theme

Quote Originally Posted by Danno View Post
    Sheriff's office stated he wasn't intoxicated.
    Deputy Carlos Gonzalez, who responded to the scene, said the man was calm but unable to stand on his own. "I asked what his name was, he told me his name was Tiger and at that moment, I immediately recognized him,"
    Top cop right there, maybe not detective status, but a top cop for sure.

The news is really on this today. I am going to guess he was playing with his phone. What else could it be? Looks like the medical goal right now would be being able to walk normally again.
    Own your fail. ~Jer~

Tiger’s Twitter says that he sustained an open segmental (bone broke in two spots with a “floating” segment) tibia fracture on the right as well as a surgical left ankle fracture. Best case scenario is that he is non weight bearing on the left for 6 weeks. 8 weeks to 3 months on the right. Right leg also required fasciotomy, which is routinely done with this kind of injury to prevent compartment syndrome. Fasciotomy is ugly as sin, but is not a bad prognostic factor. Open, segmental tibia fracture is a very bad injury that is prone to complications such as non union of fracture. I have had more than a few patients require amputation for this type of injury. Taylor Phinney had this kind of injury at the 2014 US Nationals and never recovered. And Tiger is no Taylor. I wish him the best.

Quote Originally Posted by schindlerpiste View Post
    At best, Tiger’s future prospects as a professional tour golpher will be limited to the senior’s tour. In and of itself, the open comminuted fracture may not be career ending; however, when combined with his age and back problems his ability to perform on a PGA tour level is history.
    LOL heard this for a long while after the ex wife incident...and all the prior back surgery. Yet...he won the 2019 Masters Yeah...totally washed up...

I wouldnt count that guy out ever.

Quote Originally Posted by timackie View Post
    Tiger’s Twitter says that he sustained an open segmental (bone broke in two spots with a “floating” segment) tibia fracture on the right as well as a surgical left ankle fracture. Best case scenario is that he is non weight bearing on the left for 6 weeks. 8 weeks to 3 months on the right. Right leg also required fasciotomy, which is routinely done with this kind of injury to prevent compartment syndrome. Fasciotomy is ugly as sin, but is not a bad prognostic factor. Open, segmental tibia fracture is a very bad injury that is prone to complications such as non union of fracture. I have had more than a few patients require amputation for this type of injury. Taylor Phinney had this kind of injury at the 2014 US Nationals and never recovered. And Tiger is no Taylor. I wish him the best.
    Not a bad prognostic factor, but the fact that he had the kind of injury that required it is. But I'm a vascular surgeon--when I saw a comminuted tib fib it was because the trifurcation and maybe the tibial nerve were disrupted. Obviously they all got fasciotomies.

Quote Originally Posted by TahoeJ View Post
    Seriously, nothing funny about this.
    Yes, this place is very serious.
    ... jfost is really ignorant, he often just needs simple facts laid out for him...

Well, what if Tiger heard some people were kidding around about him on here? What then, huh?

Quote Originally Posted by ötzi View Post
    Well, what if Tiger heard some people were kidding around about him on here? What then, huh?
    How would he find out? From Lindsey?
    "timberridge is terminally vapid" -- a fortune cookie in Yueyang

She just went to get me some coffee, I'll show her this thread when she gets back.

She’s your golpher?

Quote Originally Posted by Timberridge View Post
    How would he find out? From Lindsey?
    I laughed.

I have nothing against the guy, but when you keep crashing cars, people are gonna talk

Quote Originally Posted by ::: ::: View Post
    She’s your golpher?
    A gentleman never kisses and tells.