Page 1 of 12 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast

Thread: Tiger...

Tiger...

...is going to kill it this season. Last tournament, win. Abu Dhabi this week, looking good. He's back. 1-2 majors this year, mark it down. Does anyone else root for him now that used to root against him? I do. Maybe because he's proved himself to be human.

I rooted for him when he was young, in part to piss of my dad and granddad (same with Gordon). Then I was disappointed in his philandering, but then realized that obviously something was missing at home....and he made bad choices as we all do. Yeah...I'm glad it seems that he is back. Plus I like my sons to see greatness.

He's banging mad bitches again.
    No kick turns
    No mercy

His ex wife just bought a 14 million dollar house in Palm Beach, and promptly tore it down. Jack snickers.

dudes roar is just a meow to the young guns, tiger shows up for the guarantee $$$$. like 2 million just to play in doobuy.
    guess that is greatness though
    bobby

Quote Originally Posted by grubbers View Post
    He's banging mad bitches again.
    As simple as that.

ain't so simple when they give him kidsnklapp and some real nice image

I'm pretty into golf. I've been following him for a really long time. I've rooted for him forever and will continue to do so strictly based on the fact that when he is on, no one can touch him. I do think that the talent level has soared during his demise over the past few years. I don't expect him to be in any more playoffs w/ Rocco Mediate, but he has the POTENTIAL to get into these young guns heads again. He has become a much more humble person. I don't think he ever would mention anyone else's game in a post round conference before all the shit went down, but just the other day he was commenting on his other players' games. "Rory didn't really hit the ball as well as he wanted out there today, but he chipped and putted so well it was exciting to watch." Before, he didn't even acknowledge that other people were there.
    In short, I think he's become a better person, more down to earth, a better teammate for the Ryder Cup and President's Cup, and the most exciting golf of all time will occur over the next 5 years. 5 years? yeah, I think that will be enough time for Luke Donald, Dustin Johnson, Fowler, Ishikawa, and numerous others to get their shit together.
    "One season per year, the gods open the skies, and releases a white, fluffy, pillow on top of the most forbidding mountain landscapes, allowing people to travel over them with ease and relative abandonment of concern for safety. It's incredible."

Dude was jacked from the adrenaline of actual competition and could not control distance with his irons today.

Winning his own tournament is cool and all, but today showed the things he needs to do to get ready for Augusta. He might win a couple of majors this year.
    Terje was right.

"We're all kooks to somebody else." -Shelby Menzel

I hope he does really well, if simply to raise the young guns' game.

I'm actually not sure if Tiger Woods will EVER be back in the same form he was before that scandal broke him down like a wet noodle.

The guy probably had more natural golfing talent than any golfer in history (inluding Palmer and Nicklaus, and Watson)...and while he may regain SOME of that momentum, I doubt he'll regain ALL of it. He went down too low in world esteem for him...people don't look up to him the way they did...he's no longer someone for kids to wholly emulate....lots still hate him....he's gotta feel that.

Raw talent he still has...you don't lose that....but you DO lose the capacity to harness it.

The guy fucked up big time. That's all there is to it. He had it all, but that wasn't good enough for him.

--
    "The reason death sticks so closely to life isn't biological necessity - it's envy. Life is so beautiful that death has fallen in love with it; a jealous, possesive love that grabs at what it can." by Yann Martel from Life of Pi

Posted by DJSapp:
    "Squirrels are rats with good PR."

It will come down to his left knee holding up.
    Something about the wrinkle in your forehead tells me there's a fit about to get thrown
    And I never hear a single word you say when you tell me not to have my fun
    It's the same old shit that I ain't gonna take off anyone.
    and I never had a shortage of people tryin' to warn me about the dangers I pose to myself.

Patterson Hood of the DBT's

If Tiger is healthy and plays tourneys regularly, he'll probably win about 4x this year with maybe a major. He still hits it better than everyone except McIlroy. Tiger needs reps and tournaments to regain his competitive edge (internal).

I don't think he'll necessarily be in the other guys' heads, but if he plays like he can, then he won't need that edge. Look at someone like Luke Donald - reached #1 and didn't intimidate anyone. Tiger's better than Donald by miles.

Dear god , you morons don't know shit about golf .
    Tiger won because he was the best putter on the planet .

Well, hitting shorter irons to the green than your opponents certainly helped set his putts up...

^^^ tiger ain't long anymore.

Tigers putting and short game Mr. know it all.^^^^

We know nothing, wanna-be-pundits aside.
    Terje was right.

Quote Originally Posted by Alaskan Rover View Post
    I'm actually not sure if Tiger Woods will EVER be back in the same form he was before that scandal broke him down like a wet noodle.

The guy probably had more natural golfing talent than any golfer in history (inluding Palmer and Nicklaus, and Watson)...and while he may regain SOME of that momentum, I doubt he'll regain ALL of it. He went down too low in world esteem for him...people don't look up to him the way they did...he's no longer someone for kids to wholly emulate....lots still hate him....he's gotta feel that.

Raw talent he still has...you don't lose that....but you DO lose the capacity to harness it.

The guy fucked up big time. That's all there is to it. He had it all, but that wasn't good enough for him.

--
    Sorry, your opinion is just like all the haters who said he would never win or contend again. You have been proven wrong now on both fronts,and your judgement of him as a person is misplaced.

You also know nothing about golf from your statements about talent.

Tiger is on a level you cannot not obviously understand unless you understood the game of golf more intimately.
    Terje was right.

^^^ That's solid material DasBlunt. Your catalog grows richer every passing day.

Quote Originally Posted by Tye 1on View Post
    It will come down to his left knee holding up.
    yes.........

~50% of his wins were due to the fact that he had mentally fucked his playing partners with fear, for years. That edge is gone with this younger generation...

He will win his share, but he won't be dominant anymore...not like we saw in 2000 and 2008 (that just isn't supposed to happen in golf). I don't think the bet is even Tiger vs the field anymore...
    "I do look like the Arrow shirt man, I did lace up my skates professionally, and I did do a fabulous job finishing my muffin."

Left knee will be bionic in a few years, no worries there.

With his new swing, it takes the tremendous strain off his left knee that his old swing had.

Fine tuning that new swing with the increased adrenaline of competition will be now his only challenge..

The people doubting him are funny.....he has 14 major's. Get a grip retards, this is not his first rodeo.
    Terje was right.

Quote Originally Posted by DasBlunt View Post
    Sorry, your opinion is just like all the haters who said he would never win or contend again. You have been proven wrong now on both fronts,and your judgement of him as a person is misplaced.

You also know nothing about golf from your statements about talent.

Tiger is on a level you cannot not obviously understand unless you understood the game of golf more intimately.
    First of all, DON'T miscontrue my words to your own benefit...that is neither polite nor required.

I've never been a 'hater' of Tiger Woods. In fact, I've admitted he is probably the best golfer in the history of the sport....he absolutely DOMINATED the game for HOW many years? When he was in top form (and hasn't been for HOW long now?) everybody else was simply playing for No. Two spot. Those accolades of past greatness can NEVER be taken away from him.

But that said....he did fuck up. He let his dick think for him when he was off the course. Kids looked up to him....whole towns looked up to him. He was an icon and people LOVED TO love him for what he was and WHO they thought he was. He had a wife and kids that looked up to him....he fucked them over and wasn't true to them. That's the long and short of it.

You might say: "None of our fucking business" and you might be right. But when you become an icon and something for little kids to look up to, then it BECOMES your responsibility to carry yourself in manner and actions that that are WORTHY of being someone to look up to.

I'm surprised you don't understand that. Tiger wasn't simply a golfer....he was someone to look up to....som sort of a super hero for people to admire. With his actions, he became an angel that fell from grace.

I'm no great golfer....I don't often play... I was taught good form by my dad and every now and then on the tee, I connect with the ball and send it far and straight, but if I count ALL my whiffs, I'm a duffer. But being an athlete, I DO understand sports...and I understand that sometimes being great is more than simple mechanics of form....it also comes from the heart. And in terms of heart, I'm not sure if Tiger will ever be BACK as he once was. You can't just go out new three wood for what he has lost.

I've seen your swing on your youtube vids...you SUCK....even an amateur like myself and an acknowledged duffer can tell within a second or two that your follow through sucks, as does your foot pivot. Sheeeezz, even I have a better swing than that. I sure hope your short game is better. How in hell can you call yourself a 'golf pro' with a fucking swing like that??? No professional golf instructor would ever post vids on youtube with shit swings like that....WTF? You're a duffer. Do you teach 'duffing'?? Learn how to swing properly before you start talking 'intimate' knowledge of the game.

--
    "The reason death sticks so closely to life isn't biological necessity - it's envy. Life is so beautiful that death has fallen in love with it; a jealous, possesive love that grabs at what it can." by Yann Martel from Life of Pi

Posted by DJSapp:
    "Squirrels are rats with good PR."

spook Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by cranked View Post
    ~50% of his wins were due to the fact that he had mentally fucked his playing partners with fear, for years. That edge is gone with this younger generation...

He will win his share, but he won't be dominant anymore...not like we saw in 2000 and 2008 (that just isn't supposed to happen in golf). I don't think the bet is even Tiger vs the field anymore...
    nobody from the younger generation has become "dominant" since tiger imploded. it takes time and experience to learn how to win. unless all his troubles have erased that memory and replaced it with self-doubt and insecurity, tiger knows how to win and that is still a huge advantage. what looks familiar to him now trying to claw back to the top is still brand new to everybody else. if he stays healthy, he can still be dominant to some degree. once he wins something that actually counts again, everybody else will get a little less secure. in fact, who knows what happens to tiger's state of mind if he somehow manages to climb all the way back from that nuclear crater. he may be more confident than ever.

spook Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Alaskan Rover View Post

I've seen your swing on your youtube vids...you SUCK....even an amateur like myself and an acknowledged duffer can tell within a second or two that your follow through sucks, as does your foot pivot. Sheeeezz, even I have a better swing than that. I sure hope your short game is better. How in hell can you call yourself a 'golf pro' with a fucking swing like that??? No professional golf instructor would ever post vids on youtube with shit swings like that....WTF? You're a duffer. Do you teach 'duffing'?? Learn how to swing properly before you start talking 'intimate' knowledge of the game.

--
    dasblunt has youtube vids?