Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast

Thread: Tiger...

Quote Originally Posted by spook View Post
    dasblunt has youtube vids?
    and AR subscribes to them???

TW putted well today and his short game was pretty dialed - he hit awful off the tee and couldn't find a GIR if was a fresh piece of persian poon... saved what could have been +3 or +4 - a pretty crappy final round, he's not quite back yet...
    ... jfost is really ignorant, he often just needs simple facts laid out for him...

the only thing tiger got back is moral sex, everything else is lost in the past.

Tiger is the straw that stirs the drink. For him or against him, golf is so much more interesting with him in the mix. As for the Chevron, yeah, it's not a full field event, but the small field was all ballers.

Anyone see the end of the Farmers? WTF?!?!

I think Tiger is finely healthy and in a good place to win again. Look out Augusta.

Quote Originally Posted by Alaskan Rover View Post
    First of all, DON'T miscontrue my words to your own benefit...that is neither polite nor required.

I've never been a 'hater' of Tiger Woods. In fact, I've admitted he is probably the best golfer in the history of the sport....he absolutely DOMINATED the game for HOW many years? When he was in top form (and hasn't been for HOW long now?) everybody else was simply playing for No. Two spot. Those accolades of past greatness can NEVER be taken away from him.

But that said....he did fuck up. He let his dick think for him when he was off the course. Kids looked up to him....whole towns looked up to him. He was an icon and people LOVED TO love him for what he was and WHO they thought he was. He had a wife and kids that looked up to him....he fucked them over and wasn't true to them. That's the long and short of it.

You might say: "None of our fucking business" and you might be right. But when you become an icon and something for little kids to look up to, then it BECOMES your responsibility to carry yourself in manner and actions that that are WORTHY of being someone to look up to.

I'm surprised you don't understand that. Tiger wasn't simply a golfer....he was someone to look up to....som sort of a super hero for people to admire. With his actions, he became an angel that fell from grace.

I'm no great golfer....I don't often play... I was taught good form by my dad and every now and then on the tee, I connect with the ball and send it far and straight, but if I count ALL my whiffs, I'm a duffer. But being an athlete, I DO understand sports...and I understand that sometimes being great is more than simple mechanics of form....it also comes from the heart. And in terms of heart, I'm not sure if Tiger will ever be BACK as he once was. You can't just go out new three wood for what he has lost.

I've seen your swing on your youtube vids...you SUCK....even an amateur like myself and an acknowledged duffer can tell within a second or two that your follow through sucks, as does your foot pivot. Sheeeezz, even I have a better swing than that. I sure hope your short game is better. How in hell can you call yourself a 'golf pro' with a fucking swing like that??? No professional golf instructor would ever post vids on youtube with shit swings like that....WTF? You're a duffer. Do you teach 'duffing'?? Learn how to swing properly before you start talking 'intimate' knowledge of the game.

--
    A. You have no concept of the game of golf by this statement, "and (Tiger) hasn't been for HOW long now?". TIME MEANS NOTHING in golf, it is not NFL. How many different winners of majors have there been in the past 10-12 years? How many majors does Tiger have? If you cannot comprehend that, then there is no use trying to attempt a halfway decent conversation about the game of golf, a game unlike any sport you follow. A few years does not matter.

B. A mans faults are not what defines him. It is the sum of both the success and the faults, like a carbon offset. You cannot dismiss people so easily. You start sounding like Rwandan death squads, no mercy, no respect for the human. Redemption is a strong force and maybe the world can learn more forgiveness for "stars".

If you noticed my first post was saying that you are LIKE the people who hate. The concept that somehow the past is not possible to overcome for him is ludicrous. The haters have been proven wrong. He has won. He has a top 5 finish...already. He has not even played anything in Florida yet and he is on.

You said "ever" =, forever is a long time.

Are you 16-19 years old? You sure act like it. Get a grip man, and quit letting your emotion cloud any intellect you might have with petty insults. My golf season, yeah, it is going pretty well, last year was the best in 4 years as being a Dad comes first, and the 1 hole you watched on Youtube ( Ballyneal is a golf course unlike no other) was massively uphill, I out drove everyone in my group ( a few hacks, haha), with the ball in the center cut of the fairway, a sidehill and uphill lie, then I took, not my best swing of the 77 that day (7,000 plus yards), I splayed sand wedge into one of 100s greenside bunkers of doom. Blasted out, made bogey. Had an amazing round though, at a course more difficult than most. Yeah, that is a claim.
    Terje was right.

"We're all kooks to somebody else." -Shelby Menzel

Quote Originally Posted by DasBlunt View Post
    A. You have no concept of the game of golf by this statement, "and (Tiger) hasn't been for HOW long now?". TIME MEANS NOTHING in golf, it is not NFL. How many different winners of majors have there been in the past 10-12 years? How many majors does Tiger have? If you cannot comprehend that, then there is no use trying to attempt a halfway decent conversation about the game of golf, a game unlike any sport you follow. A few years does not matter.

B. A mans faults are not what defines him. It is the sum of both the success and the faults, like a carbon offset. You cannot dismiss people so easily. You start sounding like Rwandan death squads, no mercy, no respect for the human. Redemption is a strong force and maybe the world can learn more forgiveness for "stars".

If you noticed my first post was saying that you are LIKE the people who hate. The concept that somehow the past is not possible to overcome for him is ludicrous. The haters have been proven wrong. He has won. He has a top 5 finish...already. He has not even played anything in Florida yet and he is on.

Are you 16-19 years old? You sure act like it. Get a grip man, and quit letting your emotion cloud any intellect you might have with petty insults. My golf season, yeah, it is going pretty well, last year was the best in 4 years as being a Dad comes first, and the 1 hole you watched on Youtube ( Ballyneal is a golf course unlike no other) was massively uphill, I out drove everyone in my group ( a few hacks, haha), with the ball in the center cut of the fairway, a sidehill and uphill lie, then I took, not my best swing of the 77 that day (7,000 plus yards), I splayed sand wedge into one of 100s greenside bunkers of doom. Blasted out, made bogey. Had an amazing round though, at a course more difficult than most. Yeah, that is a claim.
    It may seem like stalking, but I love the game, follow the tour, play it weekly and thus follow this thread. DasBlunt is killing it. Sarcasm.

spook Guest

is there any chance you could post a vid of this lesson on youtube?

Quote Originally Posted by spook View Post
    is there any chance you could post a vid of this lesson on youtube?
    It was not a lesson. I was playing with some friends at Ballyneal golf and hunt club out in the Sand Dunes of Colorado/Nebraska. I brought the gopro along for some stoke to share with my family/friends. A very unique private course. Walking only. You have to use caddies.
    Terje was right.

spook Guest
    no, i mean the lesson you taught AR. your last response could be an outtake. or a blooper if you prefer.

Quote Originally Posted by commonlaw View Post
    It may seem like stalking, but I love the game, follow the tour, play it weekly and thus follow this thread. DasBlunt is killing it. Sarcasm.
    c law i feel the same way sometimes when i follow this type of thread, kinda like the tebow shit that was spewed from both sides. i can not help myself from looking at the fat chick sometimes as well.
    alpental is closed today
    bobby

Most of my vids on the golf course seem to pertain to drag-racing golf carts on the fairway and getting a golf cart a little submerged in a water obstacle. Unfortunately, or perhaps fortunately, there was no Go-pro at hand. The police were pretty lenient, though.

--

EDIT: I should say, however, that Das Blunt's response to my admiitedly juvenile and perhaps beer-generated post was given with a good degree of candor on his part. Accolades to him for that, indeed!!
    I went back in a more sober state to try and excise that part of my post, but it had already been quoted. Oh well.

I can only say that I am glad there are no vids of me hacking on the course...or some of my whiffs at tee where I actually spin right around like a cartoon character. When I DO connect, i CONNECT, but that is usually is one hell of a surprise to me....and rare.
    Last edited by Alaskan Rover; 01-30-2012 at 08:39 AM.
    "The reason death sticks so closely to life isn't biological necessity - it's envy. Life is so beautiful that death has fallen in love with it; a jealous, possesive love that grabs at what it can." by Yann Martel from Life of Pi

Posted by DJSapp:
    "Squirrels are rats with good PR."

Tiger was guaranteed a $1.5 million dollar appearance fee just for showing up in Abu Dhbai.

Even when the guy loses he still wins.

why are the cops at the golf course?

Quote Originally Posted by Alaskan Rover View Post
    Most of my vids on the golf course seem to pertain to drag-racing golf carts on the fairway and getting a golf cart a little submerged in a water obstacle. Unfortunately, or perhaps fortunately, there was no Go-pro at hand. The police were pretty lenient, though.

--
    Dude you really know how to party .
    You sir , are one badd motherfucker .

Quote Originally Posted by tom111869 View Post
    I think Tiger is finely healthy and in a good place to win again. Look out Augusta.
    I like him too, but only as a golfer.

edit: also, it'll be funny when gopro's make it out en force on the links!
    ... jfost is really ignorant, he often just needs simple facts laid out for him...

Quote Originally Posted by jfost View Post
    I like him too, but only as a golfer.

edit: also, it'll be funny when gopro's make it out en force on the links!
    Oh, the humanity!!

As for Ballyneal, sucks that it is now in foreclosure. I'm glad I got to loop it twice. Amazing place. Maybe we can get a group of dentists from this forum to buy it?

tiger and romo are playing partners at pebble beach this week.

Quote Originally Posted by flowing alpy View Post
    tiger and romo are playing partners at pebble beach this week.
    they both did Jessica?

maybe jessica look alikes, they will have this in common. wonder if they'll compare notes on this mutual interest, i wood.

Tiger is on a level you cannot not obviously understand unless you understood the game of golf more intimately.
    I skipped most of the back and forth between DasBlunt and AKRover but not before I saw this gem. I'm still trying to wrap my head around the awesomness.

I loved Rory's coach's comments in this month's Golf Digest re: Tiger. He wondered why a guy like him would constantly seem to be trying to change his swing instead of trying to make a great swing as good as it can possibly be - sticking to what works.

Yeah, I know, the knee. Save it, that was like 4 swing changes ago.
    I still call it The Jake.

maybe jessica look alikes, they will have this in common. wonder if they'll compare notes on this mutual interest, i wood.

Quote Originally Posted by BmillsSkier View Post
    I skipped most of the back and forth between DasBlunt and AKRover but not before I saw this gem. I'm still trying to wrap my head around the awesomness.

I loved Rory's coach's comments in this month's Golf Digest re: Tiger. He wondered why a guy like him would constantly seem to be trying to change his swing instead of trying to make a great swing as good as it can possibly be - sticking to what works.

Yeah, I know, the knee. Save it, that was like 4 swing changes ago.
    Rory and his entourage are attention whores. Rory will be done in 5-7 years, mark my words. England always is talking shit about Tiger.

You know fuckall about Tiger's knee, you save it, he is still fighting time...still winning obviously.

Everyone who plays lots of golf thinks they know it all. Only the pros, and anyone scratch and better REALLY know what is going on in the top 100 world ranking golfers. Tiger is in his own league.....and they all know it. They market themselves as equal...they have to, ego rules when games end and sport begins.
    Terje was right.

blunt, tiger is not in his own league anymore, just winning his own tourny does not constitute a return to his prior form.
    none of the younger than 25 yr. olds are intimidated by his scowl or offputting demeanor, especially the blonds.
    bobby

none of the younger than 25 yr. olds are intimidated by his scowl or offputting demeanor, especially the blonds.
    bobby
    How many of those young guns have had Tiger in their group on Sunday? That has not been seen yet.

spook Guest
    if tiger starts winning again, after coming back from the edge of the abyss, those young kids who haven't done shit except get famous and make a ton of money will get intimidated again. they know in their hearts they'd never come all the way back from what tiger has and they can't do what he's already done. if he stays healthy, i won't bet against him.