Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by skimaxpower View Post
    Toe height adjusts. But it looks like it doesn't adjust enough for a rockered touring boot.
    From what i understand the Mojo/Peak 15 is replaced with the Attak 16 but the Mojo/Peak 18 stays in the lineup
    If ski companies didn't make new skis every year I wouldn't have to get new skis every year.

www.levelninesports.com
    http://skiingyeti.blogspot.com/

So if I go with the adrenalin, can use them as everyday inbounds bindings? Would daily aggressive wear and tear be an issue? Sure I could use I inserts to change bindings but why drill twice if I don't have to.

Unless you want to get some barrel screws custom-machined, inserts are out for these. But as to your question, they are my everyday binding, liftserve or not. Plenty rugged so far, and prefer them to my Dukes for how they ski.
    "I know you believe you understand what you think I said, but I am not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant."- Alan Greenspan

Sounds good. I went to peak 15 this year to get away from the fks brake bull and I love them. Great retention, and easiest high din binding to step in.

Good overview

Quote Originally Posted by weasel1 View Post
    Unless you want to get some barrel screws custom-machined, inserts are out for these. But as to your question, they are my everyday binding, liftserve or not. Plenty rugged so far, and prefer them to my Dukes for how they ski.
    Can you clarify a bit? What's so different about these screws?

The ti plate that sits under the heel is held down by special barrel screws. Short threaded part, barrel section, wide t-top. Unlikely you could easily find an analogous screw with M5 threading, so no inserts unless you get some M5 versions machined up. Maybe jondrums can solve this with his machine shop source.
    "I know you believe you understand what you think I said, but I am not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant."- Alan Greenspan

I guess you mean something like

tapered or flat head?

How can it have such a short thread? It needs to bite in to the ski.

Can the guardians be used with inserts?

Wonder if these would just work

?

Or depending on how much they stick out

Could you take a side shot?

Wonder if I can just use helicoils. Slidewright has helicoils that match alpine screw threads. I used them on car heads and motorcycle spark plug holes. They held without any issues.

PSA: This guy is listing Adrenalins for $236

I just bought these for $249
    http://rover.ebay.com/rover/1/711-53...2F151005140879
    Last edited by tgrweb; 03-27-2013 at 09:54 AM.

Got out on mine in the resort today. They skied solid, no complaints. I personally didn't notice the stack height, but then they are on 120 waist skis and I'm as used to my ski cross skis with riser plates as I am to my super low charging skis. Skied them in crud, moguls, dust over crud and the park all day and felt they were solid in all situations. They do seem to have a ton of play, especially without a boot in, and I think I can still feel some with the boot in there, but it vanishes as soon as I'm skiing. Looking forward to getting out for a tour with them, the switch to and from walk mode is effortless and solid and the climbing risers seem excellent.

Do anyone know if 295 mm sole lengt fits in L?

No. Google is your friend. Besides, might as well go for the smallest size you can stuff yourself into.

Got a few days touring in them. They ski like bosses, no complaints whatsoever. They also seem to walk quite nicely, although my feel for touring isn't much with a pair of 140 flex race boots essentially bolted to my feet. Riser is awesome, but snow buildup sucks. The snow was super wet, but it was still chilly and it really liked to freeze in the screw holes so the plate didn't want to slide all the way. At least a pole tip fits in there, and to the binding's credit most of the snow can be kicked away easily before locking in. Plus the thing doesn't seem to give two shits whether it's locked all the way down or not, as long as it's passably close. That's kind of awesome.

I wonder if some DWR, or even better motorcycle chain wax, would prevent snow build up.

no quiver killer package for them yet....

BFI doesn't seem to respond to emails, or PM, so no idea about them either.

Still waiting for them, but ackland has a variety of shoulder bolts(thats the name of these bolts). The shoulder is 6MM and the thread is M5. As long as the shoulder is 6MM this should work. Otherwise I have some machine shop contacts.

As for ice buildup DuPont makes a product similar to their lubes. Probably not as dirty. Wouldn't want to get stains my steezy jacket, pants and socks. It's not really an oil anyways. It's more of a dry lubricant.

FWIW... I tried some 2013/14 4frnt adrenalin's (which I assume are the same as the 2012/13s) on some 2014 Hoji's this weekend. no new snow in quite a few days. They skied great. felt solid. Didn't really notice I was on an AT binding.

I didn't try touring with them, so no idea how they walk. although the latching system was quite solid when closed to ski mode. It looks like it could be prone to iceup problems, but I didn't have a chance to test that either way. some of the plastic connections would give me worry, but that's just from holding it in my hand. When I got it, the AFD height adjust screw had come off the guide. Seems kinda lame that that would have happened on an obviously new binding. but that's all little stuff. in general, they skied great.

Quote Originally Posted by mntlion View Post
    no quiver killer package for them yet....

BFI doesn't seem to respond to emails, or PM, so no idea about them either.
    hey mntlion, do you have good measurements of the screws in question? I'm betting that a combination of a button-head screw, a washer, and a bushing/collar would get the job done.

I'd need to know the head diameter, barrel diameter, and the barrel length. The barrel referring to the part of the screw that is un-threaded.

Is that the screw that I need? I would LOVE to buy this from you. QK just emailed me that they dont have the kit (even thou I asked when ordering)

can you PM me the details? or what I need to give you for info?

Can you measure the collar diameter above the thread? Keeping my fingers crossed its 6mm diameter.

My bindings are still in transit.

Quote Originally Posted by mntlion View Post
    Is that the screw that I need? I would LOVE to buy this from you. QK just emailed me that they dont have the kit (even thou I asked when ordering)
    I don't have the measurements, but based on the post above which suggests 6mm diameter for the collar this is close. McMaster also has several collar lengths - so I'd need to know the right measurement based on the original screws.

Quote Originally Posted by jondrums View Post
    I don't have the measurements, but based on the post above which suggests 6mm diameter for the collar this is close. McMaster also has several collar lengths - so I'd need to know the right measurement based on the original screws.
    I have no idea if the shoulder is 6MM. I am just hoping since all M5 shoulder bolts have a 6MM shoulder, but who knows, the ski industry is a cluster fuck when it comes to fasteners. If the shoulder is bigger we could try M6 bolts with 7MM shoulder in M6 inserts and so on...

http://www.grainger.com/Grainger/sho...071&sst=subset

Who knows what the best place to buy these right now is? backcountry has them at over $400. I need a pair for ... research.

Quote Originally Posted by jondrums View Post
    Who knows what the best place to buy these right now is? backcountry has them at over $400. I need a pair for ... research.
    http://stores.ebay.com/gotyourgear got mine for $249. Latter he listed for $236 and they didn't sell. Keep an eye if they relist. Or I could lend you mine if I cant figure it out myself.

http://www.powder7.com has em for $336