Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7
    Thanks for the insight fellas. Might just go with some intuition here - leaning towards -1.

skier666 - by the way, small funny world: My brother (a buddy of samir) had dinner with you a while back in SF - probably a year or so ago. He was pretty stoked to ski more after hanging with you and checking out your edits. Slowly working on removing his jongness...

I'll add another vote for -1 from the mark on the sidewall, which should put you at -6 on the ski. I don't flip or spin and have been skiing my 190s at this location all season and have been happy in everything from refrozen springtime boilerplate to thigh deep pow. If I had an easy means of moving forward just to see what it was like I probably would, but -1 has skied a wide range of conditions really well for me. I'm really liking this ski - so far it does what Moment says it does.

Quote Originally Posted by himavan View Post
    Thanks for the insight fellas. Might just go with some intuition here - leaning towards -1.

skier666 - by the way, small funny world: My brother (a buddy of samir) had dinner with you a while back in SF - probably a year or so ago. He was pretty stoked to ski more after hanging with you and checking out your edits. Slowly working on removing his jongness...
    Haha. The world continues it's smaller feel. . Tell him to hit me up for more info, take a run, etc

A note on the versatility of the Deathwish. By last spring I had paired down to 192 cm DPS wailer 99s for tele in the Baker BC. Crazy I know, but with a traditional shin -in-the boot carving stance it was hella fun. March 1st, lost a ski in the white room in chunder near the top of the run. One 99 gone. No quiver, so demo'd 184 OG deathwish to go find the lost ski. Loved'em, and bought the demos. Problem was they were quiver-killed for AT and for BD '01's tele binders (which I pretty much hate).

Long story short I could mount the DW w/ no new holes BUT that put boot center at MINUS 10.5cm (with tele buldog pit bulls) !!!! Tell you what, they take less shin pressure than the 99's and have worked really well far all summer conditions in the cascades. In perspective, front to back, they tele-slarve very similarly to my Praxis Protests mounted on the line, (but of course rail better--nothing as good as the 99s did though). Obviously with the Protests now in the quiver, the DW aren't going to see deep days (if we get any this year), but the rest of the time I'll be on the DW's this winter.
    Last edited by telep; 08-19-2014 at 08:04 AM. Reason: typo