Steven Tyler Butchers National Anthem

http://music.yahoo.com/blogs/reality...222137636.html

Or so says the Main Stream Media.

I say he rocked it!

he doesn't work in the meat dept

Listening to a featherheads off key warbling followed by dyspeptic shrieking is the way I like to honor my country.

It sounded exactly like Stephen Tyler. I've been listening to Aerosmith since the 80's and this was pretty not surprising to me or anyone who has ever heard him sing or talk for that matter.....

Quote Originally Posted by Boomer28 View Post
    It sounded exactly like Stephen Tyler. I've been listening to Aerosmith since the 80's and this was pretty not surprising to me or anyone who has ever heard him sing or talk for that matter.....
    Exactly, although I do think it would've been better with a little accompaniment from Joe Perry. At least he remembered all the words (looking at you Christina Aguilera, super bowl 45).

Quote Originally Posted by Downbound Train View Post
    http://music.yahoo.com/blogs/reality...222137636.html

Or so says the Main Stream Media.

I say he rocked it!
    "The Insider" host and former Fox Sports/ESPN anchorman Kevin Frazier tweeted: "Was [Ravens linebacker] Ray Lewis crying during the National Anthem or was Steven Tyler hurting his ears?" Fox Sports columnist Jason Whitlock posted: "Steven Tyler far more obscene than Janet Jackson's [bared Super Bowl breast]." Sports Business News writer Howard Bloom tweeted: "Is there any chance Ray Lewis can tackle Steven Tyler?" MMA Beatdown chimed in with: "BREAKING NEWS: New England authorities are seeking out Steven Tyler for questioning in relation to a homicide on the National Anthem today." Sports humorist Ashley Burns sardonically pointed out: "Please remember that Steven Tyler's job is criticizing people who sing."
    You think these morons are the the "mainstream Media?" You truly are "special."

Quote Originally Posted by toast2266 View Post
    Exactly, although I do think it would've been better with a little accompaniment from Joe Perry. At least he remembered all the words (looking at you Christina Aguilera, super bowl 45).
    Toys in the attic was the best LP they did (well in my acid drenched mind anyway) but at least he did remember what song he was doing this time! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oUHAR...eature=related
    You know, you can swear on this site. Fuck, shit bitch. See?

A gun is like a parachute. If you need one, and don’t have one, you’ll probably never need one again

Gatorgirl and I just listened to it...expecting it to be horrible. It was not. He may have messed-up a word or two, but no big deal.

What's all the fuss about? It wasn't that bad.

it would be acceptable, if he wasn't an american idol judge
    Its not that I suck at spelling, its that I just don't care

He's got nothing on some other celebs that have tried and failed.

I'm looking at you Cindi Lauper US Open Finals 2011.
    I still call it The Jake.

Quote Originally Posted by teletripper View Post
    Toys in the attic was the best LP they did (well in my acid drenched mind anyway)...
    It's a good album but I think Get Your Wings is by far the best, they had a pretty nasty sound back then that they never quite got back.

His voice is rough now but hell he gave the anthem his best shot and knew the words. A solid B, I'd say.

If you like Aerosmith, you liked that performance.

Dude has some kind of wail, that is for sure.
    Terje was right.

"We're all kooks to somebody else." -Shelby Menzel

I thought it was pretty bad. Well most of it was OK. I could care less that he didn't get all the words right, but when he put his head back and started wailing I remembered my friends partying-type mom saying he should have hung it up a long time ago -- that was 9th grade for me. Unfortunately 20+ years later it seems he's still marketable. If that was cool DBT (I guess it is the free-market), I don't want to be cool. I'm sure there were a lot of dogs howling at the time. But admittedly, I have always hated Aerosmith.
    Last edited by Crass3000; 01-23-2012 at 11:40 PM.

Also never been an Aerosmith fan, but I think he did pretty good, at least compared to any famous singer that´s tried the past ten years. He actually sung.

WTF, I have been reading and hearing about how he butchered the Athem. I was expecting carnage on par with SRV playing the anthem at the Astrodome or Roseanne in San Diego. Sure he didn't sound like Placido Domingo, but it was fine. People are stupid

This was better:

The Sheriff is near!

Quote Originally Posted by Eastside View Post
    WTF, I have been reading and hearing about how he butchered the Athem. I was expecting carnage on par with SRV playing the anthem at the Astrodome or Roseanne in San Diego. Sure he didn't sound like Placido Domingo, but it was fine. People are stupid
    Agreed, I watched a reply of Steven T's rendition expecting something completely awful. However, I thought he did a solid job and was obvioulsly not lipsynching a pre-recorded version.
    The talking heads just need something to talk about because their opinion is so very important.
    Aim for the chopping block. If you aim for the wood, you will have nothing. Aim past the wood, aim through the wood.
    http://tim-kirchoff.pixels.com/

one of the best anthems I've heard:

Not so bad, really. Tyler, like many others, started in too high a key and thus had difficulty with the bridge. Stupid melody. Irish drinking song. WTF? Should be replaced by America the Beautiful.

Tyler did way better than Carl Lewis's butchering, the worst ever:

I've never been an American fan, but I thought that was pretty good. Do Canada!

It was fine I hope he belts it out every game.
    People should learn endurance; they should learn to endure the discomforts of heat and cold, hunger and thirst; they should learn to be patient when receiving abuse and scorn; for it is the practice of endurance that quenches the fire of worldly passions which is burning up their bodies.
    --Buddha

*))
    ((*
    *))
    ((*

www.skiclinics.com