Thread: Dynastar Cham

Dynastar Cham

Hey guys. I was in my shop today and the rep brought in some new skis for us to mount up, called the Dynastar Cham. Had like a 147-127-137 cut in like a 188 or so. Looked kinda like a "dynastarized" version of the new squad 7 from Rossi with some differences like chopped tail and a slight variation on the sidecut profile and the flex. Anyone ridden em yet? I am guna try and get out on em soon! hopefully its guna be "Cham-wow" tomorrow in this pow we are gettin.

Let us know what you think - did you get the 107-waisted ski as well?

Interesting...be it spam or not...

Post up when you have gotten some time on the sticks.

The floggings will continue until morale improves.

Copied from the 2012/13 thread.

> Dynastar Cham 127 (there's also 107, 97 and 87) and the sidecounty Cham HM (available in 107, 97 and 87)

http://www.tetongravity.com/forums/s...-rumors/page10

Dynastar is like a religion in the Chamonix valley (few years ago the locals / shops all had a boycott against salomon when they moved production out of France). Looks like a cool ski...

Never been to Cham, but 127 seems a little big for that place no? Fun looking shape however.

Quote Originally Posted by SLSki View Post
    Never been to Cham, but 127 seems a little big for that place no? Fun looking shape however.
    Not with the year they're having so far! Last year I wouldn't have skied many days on a 127mm ski there tho.
    If you're being rad and nobody's around to see it, are you really being rad?

www.simonblide.blogspot.com

Where are you Dave M?
    what's orange and looks good on hippies?
    fire

rails are for trains
    If I had a dollar for every time capitalism was blamed for problems caused by the government I'd be a rich fat film maker in a baseball hat.

www.theguideshut.ca

I'm Blackcomb through and through..... it took everything i had not to take em out into that pow today... rep didn't get back to me with a decision on me ridin em. We have the 87 and 97 right now too. The 97 looks to be a badass touring ski. These are so stiff dudes, gotta have some power to turn em.

Looks like a winner of a new series.
    Click. Point. Chute.

Flexed both the 107 and 127 today. And I can't figure out wtf Dyna is doing? The 107 were stiff as fuck and had a shitload of camber and the 127 were about as soft as a solid steel 2x4... They were actually up there with the WhiteDot Fred Syversen promod (Rangnarök?). I've also heard that the can't hold an edge at all cause of the tail design.

Thanks Dave, just wondering who they shipped them to when I needed them for a test. I will beat Brad up in Denver.
    what's orange and looks good on hippies?
    fire

rails are for trains
    If I had a dollar for every time capitalism was blamed for problems caused by the government I'd be a rich fat film maker in a baseball hat.

www.theguideshut.ca

stiff as fuck and had a shitload of camber
    ha - back on form.
    Is that not what dynastar do best ? :

Quote Originally Posted by Dave Marshack View Post
    I'm Blackcomb through and through..... it took everything i had not to take em out into that pow today... rep didn't get back to me with a decision on me ridin em. We have the 87 and 97 right now too. The 97 looks to be a badass touring ski. These are so stiff dudes, gotta have some power to turn em.
    you work at Comar or Snowcovers? I'd like to check those out.

Quote Originally Posted by Utter View Post
    The 107 were stiff as fuck and had a shitload of camber and the 127 were about as soft as a solid steel 2x4

Cham 107's on the feet of Barkered (overall champion) and Ducruz (3rd overall) for 1st and 2nd place at the FWT finals in Verbier. Wish I could show these videos to everyone comparing these things to BBR's!

http://youtu.be/BliYTU7X35U

http://youtu.be/tjUlsNrnjPk

Not quite, Cham 107 top sheets. Both of them are skiing on old LPs with new graphics.
    VICTORY!

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny Drama View Post
    Not quite, Cham 107 top sheets. Both of them are skiing on old LPs with new graphics.
    Yeah, saw those bases and nearly flat tip rocker on Ducroz's skis at the top of his run . . .

Quote Originally Posted by NWskibum View Post
    Cham 107's on the feet of Barkered (overall champion) and Ducruz (3rd overall) for 1st and 2nd place at the FWT finals in Verbier. Wish I could show these videos to everyone comparing these things to BBR's!

http://youtu.be/BliYTU7X35U

http://youtu.be/tjUlsNrnjPk
    Yeah, that ain't happening on the Cham...skied them for about 5 runs a few months ago, hated them. Way too much sidecut for my preferences. XXL on the other hand was one of my favorite skis ever...especially the rockered version Large change to the cham, just a different style of skiing, not for me.