School me on ski boot flex adjustment

A search didn't yield much. I was wondering if someone could explain to me how the flex adjustment on a ski boot (specifically the Lange RX 130) works. I want to experiment a with the flex a little and would appreciate any advice.
    All I know is that I don't know nothin'... and that's fine.

99% sure you're talking about the two screws on the back of the cuff, correct?

For a while now a lot of lange's have had two screws on the back that, along with other pieces of hardware, attach the bottom part of the boot to the cuff. When you remove one or both of those screws the cuff flexes more freely. I've got a pair of Freeride 130s from a few seasons ago. To my feel, taking out the top screw knocks the flex down to a 120. Taking out both softens the flex to a 100, maybe a touch stiffer. Again, that's just my sense.

Oh, and don't take just the bottom screw out.

RX130 have 2 bolts on the heel spine.
    2 bolts in =130 flex
    Top Bolt removed = -%6 or 122 flex
    Bottom Bolt removed = -%12 or 114 flex
    Both Bolts removed = -%20 or 104 flex
    Because the ankle rivet position is further back and higher than any of the previous generations of boots taking the spine bolts out shouldn't kill the rebound and snap of the boot.

Cool, thanks guys.
    All I know is that I don't know nothin'... and that's fine.

Dee Hubbs, great info; just what I was looking for. What is the source of this; a Lange manual? Thanks

At least some Rossi boots have or used to have the same screws. At least my Radical Pros do (until I lost them). Work fine for me with both screws out.

Thanks for this, I'm going to try it out on my Super Banshees. 130 is a bit too burly for me right now.

don't take out both screws on the Super Banshee, that is the old style shell and removing both will just have the upper cuff free flexing
    and yes you can remove both on the RS/RX boots but if you are you really should have bought the right flex in the first place
    what's orange and looks good on hippies?
    fire

rails are for trains
    If I had a dollar for every time capitalism was blamed for problems caused by the government I'd be a rich fat film maker in a baseball hat.

www.theguideshut.ca

Better flex adjustment on the banshees is to cut the shell.

Probably a jongy question, but do I need to dig out the backing nut when I remove the screw? It's hard to see what's flush with what in there.