Should I Stay or Should I Go (Jackson Hole road trip this weekend)?

I need help from the collective deciding whether it's a good idea to drive from Boulder to Jackson Hole this weekend to hit up the resort and Teton Pass.

PROS: NOAA forecast is showing continuous snow there this week, getting heavier towards the weekend.

CONS: NOAA is also saying 34 degrees in town at Jackson (27 at Teton Pass) for Thurs/Fri, and gratzo has alluded (in the Open Snow forums) to the possibility that it's gonna be a heavy, wet snow that might not be worth the 8-hour-plus drive. I recall last year's epic dump followed by epic slides into the gondola house, and that the snow in that heavy, wet storm didn't make for a lot of open terrain or great skiing.

Anyone have a (helpful) opinion? I know we're talking crystal ball here, but I'm hoping it's getting close enough to make a reasonable call. Probably have to pull the trigger one way or the other by tomorrow. I only rarely get a hall pass like this, so wanna make sure it's worth it. Thanks.
    Outlive the bastards - Ed Abbey

vs staying in CO? Go to Jackson.
    ROLL TIDE ROLL

I was there during that large/shit snow and it was not cool. On the other hand the CO is not where it should be and they have had more snow. I figure it will be alot like Tahoe. 26-27 should keep it a little lighter near on the top half of the mountain I would assume. With 4k of vert I'll ski the top half, it'll be just like home with more snow, fuck it I'm going. The Ghee looks like the temps will be a little cooler so that's always and option and Sunday should be cooler as well so screw it, roll the dice I say but that's just me, what does my crazy redneck ass know anyway. P.S. I'm working on getting over 100 posts on the site by 2014, it's going to happen.
    American by birth, Southern by the grace of god!

Thanks. Decided I'm going, we'll just see how it plays out. Should be good up high regardless.

today sucked.. wouldnt come here...all hardpack and only green groomers are open

I'm trying. Looks like all flights are cancelled today, likely the case tomorrow (I was scheduled to fly in at 5pm), so I'm probably gonna just start driving tomorrow at noon. Hopefully 191 stays open.

Blackhole of all things skiing and fly fishing
    Anyone have word on the flights tomorrow? Supposed to land at around 8, fingers crossed

Quote Originally Posted by chitown8 View Post
    Anyone have word on the flights tomorrow? Supposed to land at around 8, fingers crossed
    www.flightstats.com

I would use this to review

Blackhole of all things skiing and fly fishing
    Quote Originally Posted by givethepigeye View Post
    www.flightstats.com

I would use this to review

Sounds good, thanks for that, fingers still crossed, but its like waiting in an executioners line at this point, just waiting for my flight to get axed.

Pumped for everyone storm riding out there now though, tear it up.

Holy shit am I glad that I went. Three days of endless deep. Drive up on Thursday was fine; drive back last night sucked, ice and ground blizzards almost the entire way. But completely, totally worth it. Thanks Jackson!