Page 1 of 44 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast

Hjortleifson has been heard, the DynaFit Vulcan

So he finally got his boot:

http://friflyt.no/Ski/Dynafit-Vulcan

^ Awesome

God i wish i could read that...cant wait..love my titans..think ill love this one even more.

Quote Originally Posted by Skidog View Post
    God i wish i could read that...cant wait..love my titans..think ill love this one even more.
    And now you can...mostly anyways

http://translate.google.com/translat...Vulcan&act=url

That boot looks sick but why not put replaceable soles on the boot? I have currently skied in factors for the past 3 seasons and am about to be on my third set of soles. This is mainly due to riding sleds with them on but its nice to switch the sole blocks out opposed to having to replace the whole boot when the sole wheres out.

Quote Originally Posted by MTslackcountry View Post
    That boot looks sick but why not put replaceable soles on the boot? I have currently skied in factors for the past 3 seasons and am about to be on my third set of soles. This is mainly due to riding sleds with them on but its nice to switch the sole blocks out opposed to having to replace the whole boot when the sole wheres out.
    +12345678

Quote Originally Posted by Canada Guy View Post
    Vulcan will be stiff NOK also without flekstunga, he says
    Hey fuck that, if I'm buying new boots, they better have flekstunga!

Does that mean flexible tongue?

So does the Vulcan replace the Titan or compliment the Titan, positioned between the Titan and the TLT5?

Quote Originally Posted by MTslackcountry View Post
    Can't really tell in the pictures but they might have the replacable bits like the TLT5 does. Maybe Frederico can answer that.
    "High risers are for people with fused ankles, jongs and dudes who are too fat to see their dick or touch their toes.
    Prove me wrong."
    -I've seen black diamonds!

throughpolarizedeyes.com

Replaceable "bits" on TLT5s? Define "bits." Tell me more.

Replaceable soles require additional structure and additional weight. This new line of "One" boots uses TLT5's lightweight integrated cuff buckle/downhill lock system. Why add the weight and structure for replaceable soles to such a simple and uncluttered design? If you want replaceable soles you must not be too concerned about weight and simplicity, so just get Titan or Zzeus. I figure that by the time my TLT5 soles are trashed from spring touring/scrambling, the rest of the boot will be equally trashed.

Lou pooh poohs the metatarsal flex. I like it, especially when hiking and scrambling. (Not a big deal when skinning). Whether people want it is a matter of personal physiology.

After fondling some TLT5s I was under the impression that there was a little nub at the toe that could be replaced. That was a while ago though, perhaps I'm mistaken?
    "High risers are for people with fused ankles, jongs and dudes who are too fat to see their dick or touch their toes.
    Prove me wrong."

throughpolarizedeyes.com

I think I heard last year that you can get replacement TLT5 soles from Dynafit that a resoler can install on your TLT5. Not sure if it is just the yellow part of the sole, or the whole sole.

Cool. I'd like to hear more info about that, harpo. Anybody?

These One boots with the same integrated cuff/downhill lock but adding a 3rd buckle and beefier shell is a great idea. Lauds to Dynafit for using the TLT5 technology in a more practical touring boot. I'd prolly look at the One PX or maybe Mercury cuz I don't need nor like too stiff a touring boot. Hope I won't be shopping for new touring boots for another couple seasons. 50+ touring days so far on my TLT5's and they are all scratched to shit and soles have some wear but the boots ski, tour and hike just fine, like new.

Quote Originally Posted by kidwoo View Post
    It's not all bad news...
    "These are better to drive than any of the firespenners randonnéestøvlene on the market, while having better gåfunksjon and easier, says Federico Sbrissa confidently."

Well, I guess gåfunksjon is good enough if there isn't any flekstunga.
    Prove me wrong."

throughpolarizedeyes.com

Quote Originally Posted by Bean View Post
    Well, I guess gåfunksjon is good enough if there isn't any flekstunga.
    Someone has been taking classes in Norwegian :-)

Quote Originally Posted by Lakelander View Post
    So does the Vulcan replace the Titan or compliment the Titan, positioned between the Titan and the TLT5?
    According to article the Titan UL will remain, as will the TLT5 (with some minor mods, as adjusting of forward lean).
    Most of the Zzero-series will remain, and they're also introducing a cheaper DyNA.

That's a lot of boots.
    Cold water stoke

Quote Originally Posted by kidwoo View Post

Does that mean flexible tongue?
    Almost; I think they mean that the tounge is detachable, but that it is the tounge that gives the boot it's stiffness when in downhill mode. As opposed to the "One", where the stiffness comes from the shell itself. That's what it says anyway

Gåfunksjon: walking mode
    Gåutslag: refers to the movement of the cuff in walk mode
    "adapted to all turbine dressings, including Mark Duke and Solomon said". : turbine dressings should be touring bindings. It will work with duke/guardian

TLT5 without bellows sounds like money for us wide footed guys that need to punch the boots! Sav one old pair that had gone to the shitter because the plastics had separated in the toe few days after a punchjob..

The floggings will continue until morale improves.

Awwww shiiiiit! They done it now.

Introducing the Hoji Vulcan, now with more flekstunga.
    watch out for snakes

Flekstunga is tongue as some probably have understood.

And yeah, it also says that it will fit will Dukes/Barons/Salomons...

Kind of a fail to post a thread for a boot we've been asking for, from a dude who is a living legend, and then you spell his name incorrectly. Done being the spelling police now.

Quote Originally Posted by esagen View Post
    and they're also introducing a cheaper DyNA.
    Cheaper DyNa might equal TLT5 without flexzone, (also without powerstrap and tongue). Cool!

Quote Originally Posted by Lakelander View Post
    According to Dawson it's a whole new line of boots called "One." I assume they're keeping the other line.