Page 43 of 44 FirstFirst ... 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 LastLast
Results 1,051 to 1,075 of 1094
    Quote Originally Posted by ChowdahRidah View Post
    I've never added a Booster Strap. Anything special you need to do to add it to the Merc/Vulcan.

I've been skiing with out the tongues mainly... I find them good to have on a warmer day though. Without them, soundtimes it lacks a little rebound and moooshy on a warm day but I just find them so comfy without.
    I just drilled a couple holes with t-nuts, washers and lock-tite. Moved them upwards vs the stock powerstrap location which allows me to cinch it down on the tongue of the liner, as they're meant to be used. No issues so far. Wife just used one hole on hers and they seem to work fine for her that way. I'd do 2 t-nuts and washers vs 1 but i doubt it matters much - all they do is hold it in place.
    "...if you're not doing a double flip cork something, skiing spines in Haines, or doing double flip cork somethings off spines in Haines, you're pretty much just gaping."

From my experience long term usage of Vulcans with no straps leads to cuff rivets breakage - rivets that hold PU front flaps on carbon cuff, starting from top one.

Thank you! So the Powerstrap holds the tongue in place better (which would be great) and gives them a bit more rebound? Did you go for the expert powerstrap or WC or ???
    Skiah for life

Seconded about tearing rivets. Mine are all t- nutted now

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    Gravity always wins...

Hjortleifson has been heard, the DynaFit Vulcan

Weird. Are you skiing tongues in or out? I’ve got first year Vulcans and have almost exclusively skiied them no tongues or straps and the rivets are good, despite lots of days.
    But Ellen kicks ass - if she had a beard it would be much more haggard. -Jer

I never broke anything on mercurys or Vulcans
    Lee Lau - xxx-er is the laziest Asian canuck I know

Quote Originally Posted by Va Ki Bo View Post
    From my experience long term usage of Vulcans with no straps leads to cuff rivets breakage - rivets that hold PU front flaps on carbon cuff, starting from top one.
    That's actually good news...should be eezee to drill em and pop the rivets out. Going for another mod; remove the p/u part, drill new holes in the carbon a bit rearward so the wrap of the p/u takes up the volume of my low volume lower legs mo betta. Oh and, gonna ditch the whole power strap thing and add another p/u wing and buckle from an old dh boot, might make it kinda overlappy. Line of thinking is with the increased leverage/torque from a higher cuff buckle and more plastic wrap, might be able to get more ankle flex outta these bastards.

Regarding breaking stuff...snapped off both of the cuff Canada Arm buckles of my Mercuries...but more due to user error...dryland hiking for summer ski access through boulder fields and stepping down a set of stairs...the buckle protrudes juuuust enough to catch on rocks and edge of stair steps, etc. Gotta be more careful in the future, don't wanna trash the Vulcans 'cause i fear that replacement Canada Arms might be mo difficult to find these days?
    Master of mediocrity.

Quote Originally Posted by Chugachjed View Post
    Weird. Are you skiing tongues in or out?
    Ski buddy trashed almost all the rivets skiing without the tongues during one ski season, but he is full-season/full-time ski instructor so it's not a typical ski season. As carbon is a bitch to repair - now he always uses the tongues and strap.

I ski Vulcans with expert boosters and tongues-in exclusively, and also noticed trashed top rivets holes last year. I don't know, may be it's just the time for new boots, 5-th or 6-th season now for first run Vulcans?

ChowdahRidah,
    Used Expert boosters only. Weight 150 lbs and feel it adequately springy for me, so WC definetly not sounds like overkill for some mortals. If in doubt, I'd go WC.
    Last edited by Va Ki Bo; 02-27-2019 at 01:18 PM.

I’m looking at a lightly used pair of Vulcans that does not have the « cuff stops » screw on the side of the cuff. I think it means it’s a model from the first years ? Does this model have some built in cuff stops bumps inside, like on the Mercury, or no cuff stops at all ?

I’m talking about that screw :

Anyone know ?
    I've searched all the pages of this thread and most say that the 1st model of Vulcan without that screw does NOT have built in flex stops, but one guy says that it does have it, like on the Mercury.

I believe that the first year Vulcan didn’t have built in stops. Does the cuff have the holes? Maybe you could turn up some bolt-ons for ‘em.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    Gravity always wins...

all we need is for someone to take a look in their 1st year Vulcan to see if there are built in stops

my understanding was that early Vulcans had built in stops, I don't think the boot would be stiff as it was without any stops at all

I don't know why dynafit went to bolt in stops but my 3rd yr boot came with 2 different size of stop

I don't have them any longer but am 99% sure that they didn't have stops - those came in year 2. I felt like mine were still really stiff and would only be overwhelmed occasionally when skiing inbounds and transitioning from packed to powder where your skis would suddenly slow down but your body wanted to go over the handlebars. In that scenario, they would fold a little.

All that said, I would trade my TLT6s for a pair of Vulcans or Mercuries in a heartbeat. The 6s walk nicely but those Vulcans were awesome for everything and skied well on the down.

Seth

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

Can confirm first year Vulcans neither had nor needed cuff stops.
    But Ellen kicks ass - if she had a beard it would be much more haggard. -Jer

Thanks guys.
    I'm fine with no cuff stops as I currently ski my Mercury without the tongue and plan to do the same with that Vulcan. I'm pretty light. So no cuff stops is better for me !

ISO Vulcan Removeable Tongue

I just purchased a used set of 2013 Vulcan’ in very good overall condition, however they arrived without the removable tongues. The seller said he didn’t know what I was talking about when I asked why they did not come with them.

I realize this is an old thread and a long shot...but does anyone have a set of tongues for 2013 Vulcans?

Quote Originally Posted by Shock79 View Post
    I just purchased a used set of 2013 Vulcan’ in very good overall condition, however they arrived without the removable tongues. The seller said he didn’t know what I was talking about when I asked why they did not come with them.

I realize this is an old thread and a long shot...but does anyone have a set of tongues for 2013 Vulcans?
    Yah I've got some. They're just taking up space so I can ship them to you for the cost. Where are you located?

that might suck unless you decide you don't need the tongues ?

Note there are a L and R side, also different sizes of tongue for different sizes of boot which are stamped on the top of the tongue at the very front

Unless the seller specifyed " no tongues " he owes you something

edit: my poo flinging yellow friend has come thru with the goods, you are a lucky joe !

Quote Originally Posted by LeeLau View Post
    Yah I've got some. They're just taking up space so I can ship them to you for the cost. Where are you located?
    WHOAH, that would be amazing! I should be able to arrange shipping through my ups account!

I will send you a pm, thank you so much!!!

Having a hard time posting, I keep getting “denied” messages.

Can you send me a pm or give me a call?

518-332-nine-two-two-five

email is lypheracing@gmail.com

thanks!!!

I should mention from the stamping on the tongue it would appear Dynafit covered 2 sizes with the same tongue so mine say 23/24.5

Mine are 26.5, I wonder if the will still work, but maybe not perfectly? I skied them today and they were pretty good, but a little more forward pressure might be nice for resort skiing on hardpack.

Quote Originally Posted by Shock79 View Post
    Mine are 26.5, I wonder if the will still work, but maybe not perfectly? I skied them today and they were pretty good, but a little more forward pressure might be nice for resort skiing on hardpack.
    Dug through one bin and couldn't find it. Going to dig through another. I could've sworn I had them.0

Is the vulcan last stiffer than the mercury last? Most of the flexing on the mercury happens on the last bellow the cuff pivot. Sure the Vulcan carbon cuff is stiffer, but fail to see how they add much more stiffness when the flexing is on the last.

Quote Originally Posted by Cocximus View Post
    Is the vulcan last stiffer than the mercury last? Most of the flexing on the mercury happens on the last bellow the cuff pivot. Sure the Vulcan carbon cuff is stiffer, but fail to see how they add much more stiffness when the flexing is on the last.

not sure what "last stiffer " means

I thot most of the stiffness comes from the cuff hitting the stops and the carbon cuff is way stiffer so the vulcan is way stiffer?

I went from Mercury to Vulcan and I had to get the 3 yrs old pwerwraps remolded remolded cuz they were just slightly too tight, I was all set to buy new liners but Tom at intuition said you don't really need new liners we will just remold these and you can come back in a couple or 3 years to buy new liners

so the Vulcan is definatley very much stiffer and IME very slightly smaller for the same size boot but i'm not sure exaclty from where ??