No Snow.....Which DH bike do I seek? <$1500

Looking for an entry level DH bike, or older model for under $1500 (with plenty of time to find it provided winter arrives to North America 2012)

Yeah, I know it will likely be older tech or clapped out, but none-the-less I'm looking for suggestions. Have some friends offering demo 7's and Sundays for reasonable prices, but my friends, err, ride their bikes hard, sometimes in World Cups.

Thinking a craigslist find in Indiana or Rhode Island, etc, might be the ticket given the right ride to look for. So... thinking a Glory or Sunday or Demo. I am missing something? Kona Stab too old, anything else with cobwebs in the corner?

At 6'1" thinking large for any previous brand mentioned, are the Glory's TT long enough to consider medium? (rode a giant AC1 meduim years ago and it worked well enough)
    Quote Originally Posted by dfinn View Post
    A better option would be to quit whining and go ski somewhere with less people around.
    __________________________________________________ __________

Aclimate Sports Drink- "Go higher feel better"

Check with the demo shops at Winter Park/Trestle and Sol Vista Bike Park.

Don't know about trestle but the demo bikes at sol vista were friggin dialed.

i will sell you this with shittier wheels for $1500. (WC fork, DHX 4.0 in the back)

its a medium though...but i know dudes as tall as you that rock mediums....

About 5 threads down from this one, Aenigma has a Ventana El Cuervo that he's dropped to $1600. I picked up an El Cuervo off IG here in the summer and it is a solid ride. Not the flashiest and certainly not the lightest, but I don't even want to think about what it would take to break that frame. Beefy, plush, fun bike. Coming from a trail bike perspective and having never ridden a full-on DH bike until my El Cuervo arrived, it has recalibrated my perception of what "plush" really means.

^^^ Beat me to it.

There's a shit ton of DH bikes for sale in the $1500 range on Pinkbike.
    Dollar sign that bitch.

Quote Originally Posted by ACHTUNG View Post
    There's a shit ton of DH bikes for sale in the $1500 range on Pinkbike.
    It's worth a hundred bucks to buy something from someone here and not pinkbike.

Cuervos is good stuff.

That Cuervo is perfect. DO IT!
    - - - - Skiing is for little fat kids - - - - - -

Quote Originally Posted by kidwoo View Post
    It's worth a hundred bucks to buy something from someone here and not pinkbike.
    That's true, I've heard nightmare stories of some people getting ripped off on PB.

Get the Cuervos!
    Dollar sign that bitch.

in the middle of a Norman Rockwell painting

I love doing the legwork for peeps.

http://denver.craigslist.org/bik/2795537518.html

This deal is unreal. No size listed, but worth a call. Bike is Le to the Git.

/\/\/\Thanks! Just the type of deal I'm after. Checking in on it.

Any thoughts from the board on Devinci's?
    Quote Originally Posted by dfinn View Post
    A better option would be to quit whining and go ski somewhere with less people around.
    __________________________________________________ __________

Aclimate Sports Drink- "Go higher feel better"

i had one. good bike. lots of standover, top tubes aren't too short and a 1.5 headtube gives you lots of options. i ran mine in the short chainstay length with a 26 (it says short24 or long 26). if your tall you may want to run it in the longer chainstay anyway. not ultra low bb like bikes are the last couple yrs but still not high. just check the pivots and grease them occasionally. they are needle bearing and should be greased. the frame has zirk fittings and they're not to pricy to replace. lifetime warrantee although thats probably for original owners but i im,agine they would be a good co to deal with for any probs

DHR for the win....

dude, buy that DHR. those are some of the nicest bikes made... still... regardless of price.
    go for rob

www.dpsskis.com

in the middle of a Norman Rockwell painting
    DHR FTW x 3. i ride one and I love it. seriously sick deal on a shredding frame. WAY better riding than that devinci and right at your price point.

I'm throwing out a vote for the sunday, they shred so fucking hard. There is alot of support for them still, RWC has full bearing kits for cheap, all hardware is still available, and if you look on ridemonkey weagle and the other guys behind the bike will answer your questions about it. The bike and the tech behind it is still relevant today, and with a 2 deg slacker headset you are right in line with the 2011 bikes coming out. I love mine enough that I have not wanted to replace it, and I cycled through trail bikes right quick until a found one I liked.

check out this thread http://www.sicklines.com/projects/pr...unday-rebuild/

gives alot of tips.
    H
    Quote Originally Posted by 3centshort View Post
    I figure when he realized he was still 10-15 feet off as he flew the K his asshole puckered so hard it ate his nuts
    Quote Originally Posted by iceman View Post
    In the other scenario, you would be like "Peanut Butter, cool, fuck I'm stuck HELP ME HELP ME HELP ME HELP ME oh fuck I'm screwed, but at least I have time to think about how screwed I am. I guess that is a blessing. FUCK NO IT'S NOT A BLESSSING I'M STUCK AND I'M DYING.

Throwing this out to the whole TGR crew, but another worthy option if you want something local (ish). Called on it, size Large. Ridden like never.

http://denver.craigslist.org/bik/2788965367.html