How does that work?

Is that free software for feedback?

Yes, free to sign up, free to use. Gives you access to members forum area as well all kinds of software. But understand this is beta level software that is constantly being worked on (if you find a bug they would appreciate you reporting it too). It could have bugs and is basically use at your own risk. Adobe is pretty good about having a pretty stable product on beta launch but there is still a possibility of something going wrong. Since this isn't my career and I keep my images well backed up I won't have an issue using it. If this was my profession I would be more careful.

My use of lightroom is already pretty minimal and if it's anything like the video software, I assume you can run different releases concurrently.

I'm hittin it.

Thanks for putting that up.

It will run concurrently (according to the info on the download page), but it stops working in March (or after March, I guess - it says "through March 2012"). So, it's not free indefinitely, but it'll be fun to play around with anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Awesome View Post
    It will run concurrently (according to the info on the download page), but it stops working in March (or after March, I guess - it says "through March 2012"). So, it's not free indefinitely, but it'll be fun to play around with anyway.
    Beta's usually go in cycles. They will release this one with an expiration date. And sometime before it expires they will release a new version with updated bug fixes. This will go on until they get their Gold Master (GM) which means it is in a stable state to be released to the public. At which time if you do want to continue working with it you will have to buy a copy. But, using it now helps to decide if the upgrade price is worth it when the time comes. I was even lucky enough to beta for a company that gave us the software after testing was done as a thank you but this was an invite only beta. I highly doubt Adobe will do that though. They never have for me before but I also didn't contribute to the community too much.

If I actually made anyone think it was free and it never expired I apologize. That wasn't my intention.

Quote Originally Posted by systemoverblow'd View Post
    If I actually made anyone think it was free and it never expired I apologize. That wasn't my intention.
    You evil bastard!!!

I had no idea they even did this so even an expiring one is still good to know about. I'm still using version 2 so I'm kind of itching anyway.

LR4 adds basic video editing too including DSLRS..

I'm liking it so far. The biggest deal to me is the new 2012 Process for RAWs, it's a very subtle change but with certain pictures it actually makes a noticeable difference. I had some indoor portraits under bad light that had a faint yellow tinge that couldn't be removed without making the skin look sickly, the new process actually removes the yellow while shifting a bit toward a healther pinkish.

The new Highlight and Shadow Recovery sliders seem to work pretty well too.

My mac is too old and ghetto... bummed because I've been wanting to step it up from my picasa
    www.dpsskis.com
    www.point6.com
    formerly an ambassador for a few others, but the ski industry is... interesting.
    Fukt: a very small amount of snow.

More cool stuff for you guys using LR4 Beta -

Changing between Process 2010 and Process 2012 in the Camera Calibration section actually changes between "LR3" and "LR4" modes. When it's set to '10 you get the older exposure slider setup with the good ol' Fill Light and Recovery sliders, etc. Putting it in '12 gives you the new versions.

I don't know what Canon users will get, but with my Nikons, I also see that there are new "V.4" versions of all the color profiles, in addition to the old ones. So you get the options of "Vivid" and "Vivid V.4", for example. The new ones look a tinier bit more "punchy", with a little bit more contrast. I like them so far.

Edit - I checked the pics from my S90, which is the only Canon I own, and there are no equivalent v.4 profiles. The DSLRs are probably a different story though.

Quote Originally Posted by systemoverblow'd View Post
    The link is not working properly. Can you see the problem. I'm curious about that.
    I'm wondering that its working from my pc while not from laptop.
    Clarkston fitness boot camp
    Last edited by Jeff89; 01-14-2012 at 07:54 AM.

Downloading just for the new RAW processing if nothing else. That was about the only thing that annoyed me w/ LR3. A few of the lens profiles I've downloaded helped but still not great.

Quote Originally Posted by Jeff89 View Post
    The link is not working properly. Can you see the problem. I'm curious about that.
    I'm wondering that its working from my pc while not from laptop.
    When you go to the link there should be a place to sign up for Adobe labs.

Uh........that's a spambot dude

Used it a bit the last 48 hours. Like the changes. Not a complete revamp. The raw processing, as noted above, is better. The recovery tools are nice too.