Getting To Whistler

I've been lucky enough to get an opportunity to ski whistler this year for without having to pay for lodging. I was wondering what is the cheapest/easiest way to get there. I'm coming from NYC and I've noticed that flying into Vancouver $100-200 more than flying into Seattle. Is it worth it to fly into Seattle or another airport in the area?

See George Carlin's Cameo in Jay & Silent Bob Strike Back.
    Calmer than you dude

Flying to Seattle will add three hours to your drive. Fly to Vancouver and take a bus from the airport to Whistler. You don't need a car once you're there.
    If you have a problem & think that someone else is going to solve it for you then you have two problems.

Quote Originally Posted by Snow Dog View Post
    Flying to Seattle will add three hours to your drive and lead to hilarious border crossing hijinx.
    is this what you meant?
    ... jfost is really ignorant, he often just needs simple facts laid out for him...

I dunno your budget, but I would definitely pay $100-200 to not have to drive from SEATAC and deal with the border on both sides of your trip.

I just went to Whislter over new years. I took teenage nija girlfriend with. She got to ride in front of the cat all day while I was Catskiing.

The round trip on the bus was going to be $70 each each way, plus tax. I rented a car for $114 for the 5 days. Car rental is easy walking from baggage claim.

The bus wanted to pick me up at 4:30 am to get to an 11 a.m flight. DO NOT plan to leave on an early flight unless you like torture.

Ski all day your last day and take the drive out night before (2 hours), eat dinner in Vancouver http://www.qsrwebreserve.com/integra...edOptions.aspx and spend a night in one of the fifty hotels near the airport for $60, cheaper that in Whistler and no morning drama. Security and customs is SLOW like 2.5 hours....

So for less than the price of the shuttle $290 (for 2) I had dinner in town, spent the night near the car rental return and did not have to get up stupid early and JAM on the sea to sky.

I would maybe consider SEATAC if it was saving you like 400-500 but for 100-200 no way, 3 hours longer plus border (could be 5 minutes could be 2+hours) plus figuring out transportation if your not already planning on renting a car. Fly into Van, right on a bus ( there are a few options) and your there with half the headache.

What everyone said is true. YVR to Whistler bus.

Quote Originally Posted by jfost View Post
    is this what you meant?
    Thanks, I forgot that part. Don't forget to declare your guns. A little paperwork and you're good to go.
    If you have a problem & think that someone else is going to solve it for you then you have two problems.

If you rent a car and decline the rental insurance, your personal insurance has to cover the rental car to get into Canada. The Canadian border can ask for proof of insurance and not let your car in if you don't have it.

I fly to seatac every year and drive to WB. Nobody has every asked me to show my insurance. my credit card covers me for any and all damages.

I am flying in Monday to Seatac and driving to WB. Even though you don't need a car in WB - renting a car in VYR or SEA is way more convenient than taking the shuttle buses.

If Going from NYC take a look at the Cathay Pacific flight from JFK-- the timing isnt the best- but the service is terrific. Even in economy they treat you like its business class. I stayed in a cheap hotel by the airport, tool the first bus out the next am.
    HTML Code:
    https://youtu.be/hhVylFtE2YE