150mm Trail Bike Forks

Marz 44 RC3 Ti vs everything else.

Last fork I rode in this class was a Pike and it felt like a noodle, I had been riding a Lyric then a Totem. Went from the Pike to a old 150mm 36 Talas and really noticed an increase in stiffness.

I've read great things about the 44 RC3 Ti. Anyone on here ridden one?

I don't want to step up to the longer 160mm forks as the frame is already plenty slack and designed around the smaller 150mm forks.

Is there a Revelation that is going to be as buttery smooth as a coil and oil Bomber? If the Revelation chasis with 20mm going to be stiffer than the old Pike?

The Revelation RLT Ti Dual Air kicks ass!

Quote Originally Posted by funkendrenchman View Post
    The Revelation RLT Ti Dual Air kicks ass!
    You running that on your Yeti?

I run a 2010 Revelation that I had Push'd (DH dampener, DH bumper), LOVE it. Have it on my Reign 0, feels like my Lyric RC2, which feels like my Boxxer WC. I bought it as a take off from some guy knowing I wanted to Push it anyway, paid $200, plus the $150 for the Push parts /service. Best $350 fork I've ever had (and even sold the POS Fox 32 that came on the bike for $350; best trade off I've ever made).

Krispy has been running the same as me but just switched to the new Marz 44 RC3 you are looking at. He says it's the best fork he as ever had (and he knows his suspension..). You could email him @ Go-ride.
    "People blame me because these water mains break, but I ask you, if the
    water mains didn't break, would it be my responsibility to fix them then?
    WOULD IT!?!"
    - M. Barry,
    Mayor of Washington, DC

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Altagirl View Post
    I run a 2010 Revelation that I had Push'd (DH dampener, DH bumper), LOVE it. Have it on my Reign 0, feels like my Lyric RC2, which feels like my Boxxer WC. I bought it as a take off from some guy knowing I wanted to Push it anyway, paid $200, plus the $150 for the Push parts /service. Best $350 fork I've ever had (and even sold the POS Fox 32 that came on the bike for $350; best trade off I've ever made).

Krispy has been running the same as me but just switched to the new Marz 44 RC3 you are looking at. He says it's the best fork he as ever had (and he knows his suspension..). You could email him @ Go-ride.
    I wonder how the PUSH rebound cart differs from the Black Box one that comes in a RTL Ti?

How do you find the chassis for stiffness? How does it compare to the Lyric?

A 2011 44 RC3 Ti was my first choice but they are all gone around here and the 2012's won't be into Marz Canada till sometime in April.

I just picked up a 2011 44 RC3 Ti from Huck and Roll

http://www.hucknroll.com/marzocchi-44-rc3-ti-fork

I only have one ride on it, but it seems really nice so far. They only have tapered forks left, but if that's what you need...

Quote Originally Posted by TrenchTown View Post
    I just picked up a 2011 44 RC3 Ti from Huck and Roll

http://www.hucknroll.com/marzocchi-44-rc3-ti-fork

I only have one ride on it, but it seems really nice so far. They only have tapered forks left, but if that's what you need...
    Only one left, better jump on that shit!
    All I know is that I don't know nothin'... and that's fine.

Quote Originally Posted by shirk View Post
    I wonder how the PUSH rebound cart differs from the Black Box one that comes in a RTL Ti?

How do you find the chassis for stiffness? How does it compare to the Lyric?

A 2011 44 RC3 Ti was my first choice but they are all gone around here and the 2012's won't be into Marz Canada till sometime in April.
    Yeah, I think most of the guys @ Go-Ride have the 2012's (just noticed another one today...I think they are mocking my Rock Shox love).
    The chassis is plenty stiff, I NEVER have an issue with it. I tried the fancy 15mm axle'd Fox 32 bla,bla-thing initially, I felt like I could twist it in half if I cornered with any anger at all. I would imagine the new cartridge would be very similar to the Push one, you could just add the bumper (I like having that safety net though I don't ever feel like I bottom this fork hard at all). I put it very close to my Lyric. The Totem was the only single crown fork I've had recently that is noticeably stiffer, by quite a bit.
    "People blame me because these water mains break, but I ask you, if the
    water mains didn't break, would it be my responsibility to fix them then?
    WOULD IT!?!"
    - M. Barry,
    Mayor of Washington, DC

If Mr AG says it's stiff enough for him it's stiff enough for me. I'll go with what my guy has in stock and go for a RLT Ti Dual Air.

I rode a Fox 32 15mm in 140 when it first came out in Whistler for the Four Jacks. Felt like a noodle, but most all my other riding at the time was on a Totem bike.

If on a budget: Sektor SA. No budget: Revelation of some form.

I've got a Revelation DA on one bike, and a Sektor SA on another. The Sektor is stiffer, at the penalty of a half pound of weight. The damping is not quite as sophistacated, but is pretty damn nice. For the price/weight?performance, the Sektor SA kicks ass.

Comparing to the reference Pike fork: stiffer, somewhat better/more refined damping/awesome.
    Florence Nightingale's Stormtrooper

Finstah Guest
    I thought the Pike u turn I used to run was a pretty nice fork. If you want something specifically stiffer, I probably would forego a Revelation or Sektor in favor of a Lyrik solo air or Float 36 with the travel ruduced to 150mm.