Capital One Fucking People Again?

Did a forumsearchjong and the two "FUCK Capital One" threads had no info on the shit they pull now.

Buying a new form of transportation in a few weeks so was looking to make sure my credit history was in line and was fucking shocked to see no less than a dozen inquiries in less than four months, some done on the same day, stacked up on my report (specifically Experian).

Called them, they couldn't give me answers, only said they would dispute it for me. I asked for proof it was done and the bitch said she couldn't provide anything other than her name, operator number, and time and date of the call. Fuck it, if that's all I have to put in my dispute letter, it'll have to be good enough.

Wife looks at her Experian report with similar results, except they fucking inquiried her credit 25 motherfucking times over 13 months. On top of that, HSBC also has also inquiried her credit 11 times; both of these fucking peice of shit companies doing so with out consent from either one of us.

Any mags have similar shit pulled with them, am I looking at a case of a junkie family member trying to dick around, or is this something they fucking do because, in some way, they benefit out of number of inquiries performed in a fiscal year?

I don't know shit about it, and Capital One can't give me any answers.
    The best things in life aren't things.

PM Cock. He's putting together a class action lawsuit against capitol one.

Save your money and pay cash.

Been a capital one customer for 4 years, nary un problema.
    Quote Originally Posted by twodogs View Post
    Hey Phill, why don't you post your tax returns, here on TGR, asshole. And your birth certificate.

Had a card with them for at least ten years and no issues.

I don't doubt that they are corporate scum who'd screw me in a heartbeat though.
    Last edited by beaterdit; 01-11-2012 at 03:53 PM. Reason: bad speeling and gramur
    There's nothing better than sliding down snow, and flying through the air

They have sent me something in the mail to get a card 3 times in the past 2 weeks. I don't know whether to be flattered or leery.

They sent me tons of stuff so I eventually decided to take 'em up on it and get a cc. It came and only had a $700 limit, barely worth my trouble. Before I even called to activate it I got my first bill with a $59 charge on it. They called it an activation charge or something like that, I reviewed all the T's & C's but found no mention. I called 'em and told 'em I wanted to cancel and deactivate the account, done, no problem, no charges. Now I get at least 1 offer in the mail a week but don't want to bother with C1 ever again.
    "The mind, once expanded to the dimensions of larger ideas, never returns to its original size."

How many forests have been clearcutted just so Capital One can send out there annoying letters and ploys? I think Greenpeace should march against them strictly because of the number of trees that are felled to print their garbage on.

Shit....small letters...HUGE envelopes that can barely fit in the post box....mailers masquarading as "IMPORTANT....Certified Mail...Please Open Immediately!"....and then there are those fricking fake checks and cardboard credit cards they send out by the MILLIONS.

They must have a marketing budget in the gazillions.

I think Capital One must amount to easily 20% of the mail stream at times (overstatement, of course)...so the US Postal System absolutely LOVES Capital One.

Cash even ONE of their promotional checks and you're in their bondage for life.

--
    "The reason death sticks so closely to life isn't biological necessity - it's envy. Life is so beautiful that death has fallen in love with it; a jealous, possesive love that grabs at what it can." by Yann Martel from Life of Pi

Posted by DJSapp:
    "Squirrels are rats with good PR."

Quote Originally Posted by Alaskan Rover View Post
    How many forests have been clearcutted just so Capital One can send out there annoying letters and ploys? I think Greenpeace should march against them strictly because of the number of trees that are felled to print their garbage on.

Shit....small letters...HUGE envelopes that can barely fit in the post box....mailers masquarading as "IMPORTANT....Certified Mail...Please Open Immediately!"....and then there are those fricking fake checks and cardboard credit cards they send out by the MILLIONS.

They must have a marketing budget in the gazillions.

I think Capital One must amount to easily 20% of the mail stream at times (overstatement, of course)...so the US Postal System absolutely LOVES Capital One.

Cash even ONE of their promotional checks and you're in their bondage for life.

--
    My local cable company told me to switch to e-billing or they would charge me $2/bill going forward (and say it's the right thing to do for the planet), but have no problem at all sending me 2 letters per month asking me to get an internet telephone account.
    Goal: ski in the 2018/19 season

Quit using them. Their douchery is not exactly undocumented. If you choose to use them, then shame on you.
    Gravity. It's the law.

Quote Originally Posted by axebiker View Post
    Quit using them. Their douchery is not exactly undocumented. If you choose to use them, then shame on you.
    Much like telling an alcoholic to stop buying booze.

Amazing how this whole credit score thing has so many so obsessed, and it didn't even exist twenty years ago.

Is Capital One a bank?

Yes - they're screwing people.

No - you're a liar, they're a bank and they're screwing people.
    Living vicariously through myself.

Clearcutted?

Quote Originally Posted by Benny Profane View Post
    Amazing how this whole credit score thing has so many so obsessed, and it didn't even exist twenty years ago.
    Dragons, sea monsters, boogeymen, witches, gypsies, satan and now CC scores. Always something imaginary to scare the populace.
    A few people feel the rain. Most people just get wet.

I checked my credit report yesterday and the only C1 inquiry was from when I signed up with them. That said, I just dumped them for my local Credit Union's Visa card with a significantly lower interest rate and higher credit line.

If only we could get rid of the regulations holding back Capitol One.

But unfortunately they're a person.
    Quote Originally Posted by Downbound Train View Post
    And there will come a day when our ancestors look back...........

Ive had Capital One since I started college in 04. Ran my credit once when I signed up, and have upped my credit every quarter for years (pointless as I pay off in full every month).

I do get about 3-4 offers every month for another card (which seems retarded but whatevs) and they go right into the recycle bin at the Post Office.

Theyre fine by me.
    Live Free or Die

Quote Originally Posted by AdironRider View Post

I do get about 3-4 offers every month for another card (which seems retarded but whatevs) and they go right into the recycle bin at the Post Office.
    I always shred the offers. The worst is when they send those blank checks. I hate that shit.

If they are "real"/hard inquiries, then someone is trying to apply for credit cards using you and your wife's info. Junkie family member, dumpster diver, ID theft, etc. If they are "soft"/promotional inquiries, then they don't affect your credit in any way. There is nothing beneficial to the banks in running inquiries (in fact, it costs them money).

Quote Originally Posted by ass-to-mouth View Post
    I always shred the offers. The worst is when they send those blank checks. I hate that shit.
    Yah - I ended up calling(emailing) Discover and telling them to stop sending them and they did....

Go through this exercise and it'll drastically cut down on unwanted mail. Unfortuantely it won't stop people that you've already been a customer for, but it will cut shit down.

https://www.dmachoice.org/dma/member...91EBE7.tomcat2

I've had a Capital One card for maybe 20 years, no problems. Like two years ago they bought the local bank I have my accounts in, I was gonna switch but they haven't been a problem so far.

Quote Originally Posted by stash View Post
    If they are "real"/hard inquiries, then someone is trying to apply for credit cards using you and your wife's info. Junkie family member, dumpster diver, ID theft, etc. If they are "soft"/promotional inquiries, then they don't affect your credit in any way. There is nothing beneficial to the banks in running inquiries (in fact, it costs them money).
    Turns out half were soft inquiries, the rest hard. Junkie mother has been making the rounds for years and finally started trying to use ours early last year. Not even their own son and his family are safe when oxycotin and coke are involved with addicts.

I'm taking the steps to dispute the hard inqs AND looking into fraud protection.

Quote Originally Posted by iceman View Post
    Go through this exercise and it'll drastically cut down on unwanted mail. Unfortuantely it won't stop people that you've already been a customer for, but it will cut shit down.

https://www.dmachoice.org/dma/member...91EBE7.tomcat2

I've had a Capital One card for maybe 20 years, no problems. Like two years ago they bought the local bank I have my accounts in, I was gonna switch but they haven't been a problem so far.
    They were actually the only card company to take a shot on me when my credit was so piss-poor that it was a fucking joke a couple years back. Never had any problems before so I knew something had to be up other than just soft inquiries.

Thanks for the link.
    The best things in life aren't things.