Idaho, Montana, Wyoming conditions?

So I'm in WA and was planning on heading south to Hood, Mammoth and Tahoe, then over to Utah, but it has been made pretty clear to me that the coast (other than WA) is sucking now and at least for the next couple weeks. My alternative is to do the loop backwards and take I-90 over to Idaho and into Montana, then down thru WY into Colorado. But... is that gonna be any better? Or are ID and MT in crap condition too?

This decision is killing me. Reversing the loop is gonna cost me and screw up my schedule, but if it means great conditions vs rocks, I just gotta do it. What do the ID and MT peeps say? Do I swing your way next?

And if it turns out that sucks too, maybe north into BC... but looking at the snow reports a couple days ago, things didn't look super outside of Whistler either... but of course alot can change in a couple days.

It depends on what part of Idaho really. Northern Idaho is not in bad shape but down here in Boise Ira a disaster. Our local hill Bogus Basin is yet to even open. Sun valley, brundage and ant tamarack are open but they could all use quite a bit more snow.

, that's not what I was hoping to hear. I was thinking something like White Fish, Big Sky, Jackson Hole and Sun Valley over the next week and a half... bug if Sun Valley is sucking too, I may as well stick to the plan and head south.

Mother Nature, what did I ever do to you?!?

Western Montana is hurting for snow too right now. Its skiable, but it's thin. Still fun, but I sure wouldn't make a trip for it.

Northern Idaho / Western Montana are doing better than a lot of places, but are still pretty low on snow. A massive warm front just swung through the region and pretty much turned what little snow we have into the suck. Avy conditions are still kinda sketch too.

Head north - Revy / kicking horse might be your best bet, although they're not really on the way to Colorado.

and there you go, North is the direction your ass should be headin'!

The idaho peeps say you are either retarded jong or a troll.....wringing your hands about your travel plans when the best snow conditions in the lower 48(now and forecast) are where you are at. You like driving more than skiing? No? Then shut up and ski already. 10" new, 120" base at Baker but you're making big travel plans.....Oh, wait, you're afraid Sun Valley might suck? Sun Valley always always sucks! I guess you do need someone to tell you where to go ski.....

Quote Originally Posted by neckdeep View Post
    The idaho peeps say you are either retarded jong or a troll.....wringing your hands about your travel plans when the best snow conditions in the lower 48(now and forecast) are where you are at. You like driving more than skiing? No? Then shut up and ski already. 10" new, 120" base at Baker but you're making big travel plans.....Oh, wait, you're afraid Sun Valley might suck? Sun Valley always always sucks! I guess you do need someone to tell you where to go ski.....
    Pretty much this. Sun Valley is pretty much all sun and man-made snow. Not worth the drive. As to the rest of the Montana resorts, they've been covered at length in several different threads. In fact, Bridger has it's own thread and Big Sky/Moonlight and the surrounding backcountry also has one. Go read.

^truth..
    California, Utah, Colorado, Idaho? What the fuck is wrong with you? Have you read a single conditions thread on here?! You'll be skiing groomers on a handful of runs, why the hell would you drive thousands of miles for this? Baker and Whistler have the most snow/best conditions by far of any of the spots you've listed. Do some reading around on here instead of posting dumb ass jongtroll post you fucking gaper.

WA looks awfully purple on that graphic...

not sure why youd leave to head for green and brown

Definitely listen to the advice of a frat fag from Montan a.

Hart is offline Perfecting my Wong Banger
    Don't be afraid Padawan. If dickheads hate a place, then maybe there aren't too many dickheads there.
    I fucking love skiing

Quote Originally Posted by Jaded Loc View Post
    Definitely listen to the advice of a frat fag from Montan a.
    Definitely listen to the advice of an internet tough guy. Thanks for adding your excellent insight and first-hand knowledge.

Since there was some good info burried in all the unnecessary flaming, thanks. Despite it fucking up my schedule and nice efficient route, I am heading north to do BC before heading into Idaho & MT, give 'em time to catch up. Why not just go back to Baker? Cause the point of the trip is to hit as many places as possible, not just seek out the best current conditions. I'd just stay home in Whistler and ski the good days if I wanted that.

And yes, I did check the conditions/stoke threads for info. Problem is they're more stoke and chit-chat than conditions, other than in the beginning on the season, so pretty hard to find the info I need there. I been around forums long enough to know not to ask a question if an easy answer can be had via search.

BC, here I come again.

Bring some snow with you when you hit Montana.

I'm sure it was already sent, but probably stuck in customs. Someone labeled it an "unknown white substance" and not it is stuck in holding.

Quote Originally Posted by frEEk View Post
    So I'm in WA and was planning on heading south to Hood, Mammoth and Tahoe, then over to Utah.
    You might as book a ski vacation to New York...........

Oh I hope some snow comes to Wydaho sometime soon so I can come visit at the end of February...

it better, since i'll be there in a month-ish. i don't want my one in a lifetime extended PNW tour to turn into a BC only affair.

"Cause the point of the trip is to hit as many places as possible, not just seek out the best current conditions."

There are no current conditions here, other than GO MOUNTAIN BIKING. Ski season turned back into mountain biking season. You can "hit" Utah all you want, but it's going to hit you back, because the hardpack groomed ice is pretty stiff. It's like a different world this year.

There is plenty of skiing in around the Tetons...fishin' is just better...if you like to fish.

^^^Now that is some good advice, I'm gonna go slay me a hog somewhere tommorow.
    "The skis just popped me up out of the snow and I went screaming down the hill on a high better than any heroin junkie." She Ra

Quote Originally Posted by frEEk View Post

And yes, I did check the conditions/stoke threads for info. Problem is they're more stoke and chit-chat than conditions, other than in the beginning on the season, so pretty hard to find the info I need there. I been around forums long enough to know not to ask a question if an easy answer can be had via search.
    there's numerous threads here discussing the lack of/shitty conditions in all of the areas you've mentioned.
    oops.