Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

So How Bad is the Wasatch Right Now

I know, Jong question, use search, STFU. However, I have been poring over the threads and I want an honest feet on the snow report on how bad the conditions in the Wasatch are. I have been coming to Utah for over 20 years and know that by historical standards, hell my own standards that conditions suck. However, I am leaving in the morning with some friends to hopefully ski LCC and BCC. If conditions truly suck, should I just plan on Hookers and Blow and drive to Vegas, Moab etc and forget about the skiing and leave the sticks at home. Cams look OK compared to Tahoe but thats not saying much. Someone help me out.

Help you out with what? Why don't you circle jerk with your friends when you get here, let them bukakke all over you and consider it the best face shots you ever got in Utah. Fuckin' nob.
    Fightin' to save the motherfucking day...

<<<<< microwaving popcorn and removing my pants

Quote Originally Posted by ncskier View Post
    I know, Jong question, use search, STFU. However, I have been poring over the threads and I want an honest feet on the snow report on how bad the conditions in the Wasatch are. I have been coming to Utah for over 20 years and know that by historical standards, hell my own standards that conditions suck. However, I am leaving in the morning with some friends to hopefully ski LCC and BCC. If conditions truly suck, should I just plan on Hookers and Blow and drive to Vegas, Moab etc and forget about the skiing and leave the sticks at home. Cams look OK compared to Tahoe but thats not saying much. Someone help me out.
    I mean... if you're ok with lapping groomers all day you'll still have fun. If you'll get bored of that after a couple hours, then yeah you'd be better off mtn biking or something. Looking at a high of 53 on the backside today, was 49 yesterday, and I think will be 50 again tomorrow. If you really want to ski consider either rebooking or driving north from SLC to Jackson/Targhee. They warmed up too but as of Monday at least had good cover and it was safe to ski off-piste.

Gooseberry Mesa and Zion were perfect last weekend if you bail for the desert.

Rooms are cheap in Vegas next week, just sayin'.
    Something about the wrinkle in your forehead tells me there's a fit about to get thrown
    And I never hear a single word you say when you tell me not to have my fun
    It's the same old shit that I ain't gonna take off anyone.
    and I never had a shortage of people tryin' to warn me about the dangers I pose to myself.

Patterson Hood of the DBT's

My wife and I are driving out tomorrow as well. We're leaving our gear at home. We've got family to see, but I don't know what we're gonna do for five days w/o skiing. One can only eat at the Iguana so many times...

Can't speak for the Cottonwoods, but Snowbasin sucks terribly right now. Super low snow cover, high winds, and super icy snow surface. Even groomer ripping sucks right now. Seriously, on Monday afternoon the place became a fucking ice rink. Oh well, the crowds are gone now that school is back in, so thats a plus.

It'll come in, I was just hoping for a couple pow days before spring semester started. If I had the money, I'd be somewhere else right now.
    All I know is that I don't know nothin'... and that's fine.

Yeah... I have fun when I'm up there, but if I didn't have a pass, I wouldn't waste the money. However, if you dig on lapping groomers for $80 (maybe the prices are lower because it's so bad), go for it.

Otherwise Gooseberry would be a trip you will never forget, or any MTB around St. George. Likewise the MTB in Vegas is killer. They have epic riding for whatever you want, except tree-lined single track. I still have wet dreams of some of the rides I've done in Vegas.

Pretty much groomers man. The Bird is ok I guess compared to PC areas and the northern spots. Hadn't been anywhere else in Cottonwoods.
    Check out dave powers blog if you want daily updates, he updates almost every day.

Www.gurudavepowers.com

Sent from my SCH-I800 using TGR Forums

Quote Originally Posted by Dickeymotto View Post
    Can't speak for the Cottonwoods, but Snowbasin sucks terribly right now. Super low snow cover, high winds, and super icy snow surface. Even groomer ripping sucks right now. Seriously, on Monday afternoon the place became a fucking ice rink. Oh well, the crowds are gone now that school is back in, so thats a plus.

It'll come in, I was just hoping for a couple pow days before spring semester started. If I had the money, I'd be somewhere else right now.

Where? Europe? Certainly not anywhere in North America.

Does North America not include the Cascade range anymore? Mt Baker has a 84"-100" base and it seems to be either puking snow or at least raining damn near every day. Alpental reports 50"-80" base. Crystal has 40"-60" base. Its raining today but plenty of snow in the WA forecast. As for running up north from SLC, Targhee has a 30"-50" base and is about 80% rideable off trail. Plus, there's the possibility of a few inches to come on thursday/friday. 5 hour drive time. It ain't much but it might be the only pow around these parts for awhile.
    Last edited by neckdeep; 01-04-2012 at 03:59 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Benny Profane View Post
    Heard Taos was having a great early season, as was Silverton and Wolf Creek. Targhee is supposed to be better as well.

Targhee was awesome new years day, but I believe it warmed up this week up that way too so not sure how things are holding up.

but I don't know what we're gonna do for five days w/o skiing. One can only eat at the Iguana so many times...
    Could also eat at Desert Edge & Bayou, drink at Beerhive, check out the Natural History Museum, ride BST & Round Valley, and hike the Living Room. Pretty much all I've been doing lately.

Quote Originally Posted by powski3 View Post
    Could also eat at Desert Edge & Bayou, drink at Beerhive, check out the Natural History Museum, ride BST & Round Valley, and hike the Living Room. Pretty much all I've been doing lately.
    There are two different Iguanas to eat at, as well. Just depends on what color you're in the mood for.
    Rider driven since '02.

Quote Originally Posted by 4FRNT View Post
    There are two different Iguanas to eat at, as well. Just depends on what color you're in the mood for.
    Blue does not even come close to Red.

Ever here of a place called Whistler-Blackcomb? It's in a little country called CANADA just to the north of you 'mericans. Not to shabby around these parts, EH!
    Last edited by TeCeBe; 01-04-2012 at 05:53 PM.

Ever here of a place called Whistler-Blackcomb? It's in a little country called CANADA just to the north of you 'mericans
    A place where the beer flows like wine. Where beautiful women instinctively flock like the salmon of Capistrano.

Eaglecrest, AK. Educate yourself.

thanks for the responses. well except for the douchenozzle in the first reply. Pulled the trigger to change plans and will be headed to Targee/Jackson. Temps have been below freezing and forecast is for cold temps with at a least a chance of snow for the next 3-4 days. Not expecting powder turns but its better then watching the meager bases melt away. It has been colder in North Carolina the past two days then at Alta. Thats crazy. TR to follow. I hope.

Bullshit. I've skied pow the past two weeks straight. Last I checked British Columbia is in North America.

Or does your small mind only count the US as North America.

BTW Taos is doing amazing. Certainly that must still be in North America.
    Flying the Bluehouse colors in Western Canada! Let me know if you want some rad skis!!

"He is god of snow; the one called Ullr. Son of Sif, step son of Thor. He is so fierce a bowman and ski-runner that none may contend! He is quite beautiful to look upon and has all the characteristics of a warrior. It is wise to invoke the name of Ullr in duels!"

-The Gylfaginning

Quote Originally Posted by Gripen View Post
    BTW Taos is doing amazing. Certainly that must still be in North America.
    new MEXICO is in Central America, duh.
    go for rob

www.dpsskis.com

Quote Originally Posted by marshalolson View Post
    new MEXICO is in Central America, duh.
    Dude, it says USA on the license plate to prevent just such a confusion.

There's no snow there though, too close to the equator.

thanks for the responses. well except for the douchenozzle in the first reply. Pulled the trigger to change plans and will be headed to Targee/Jackson. Temps have been below freezing and forecast is for cold temps with at a least a chance of snow for the next 3-4 days. Not expecting powder turns but its better then watching the meager bases melt away. It has been colder in North Carolina the past two days then at Alta. Thats crazy. TR to follow. I hope.
    Looking forward to a TR. headed out to SLC on Saturday, deciding if it's worth it to steal a car and head northbound.