Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

MT Snowbowl denies season pass to three decade passholder after safety complaint.

Skier claims Snowbowl denied him season pass after safety complaint

A mag?

Read more: http://missoulian.com/news/local/ski...#ixzz1iSv4nPWZ

"Jim Sylvester holds some of his 31 years' worth of Montana Snowbowl season passes, which he says the ski area refuses to sell him this year because he complained about what he says was an unsafe skiing condition last winter. The ski area says it's within its rights to deny him, and the Lolo National Forest is looking into Sylvester's claims of discrimination.

Sylvester, a longtime Snowbowl skier and former president of the Missoula Ski Education Foundation, complained to Snowbowl a year ago about the safety of the out run funneling skiers from the east side of the resort to the base. The cat track drains skiers and snowboarders from the East and West bowls, along with the West Ridge and other runs.

Sylvester wrote comments and placed them in the suggestion box at the ski area. Snowbowl owner Brad Morris said he was never approached by Sylvester about the safety of the ski area.

When the conditions of the run didn't change, Sylvester called the Lolo Forest District office to find out Snowbowl's insurance carrier to warn them of what he deemed unsafe skiing conditions. No one at the Forest Service returned Sylvester's phone call, but he didn't think much more about it as the out run was groomed a short time later."

Read more: http://missoulian.com/news/local/ski...#ixzz1iSvj9y2z

What. The. Fuck.

This story is clearly missing some info. The Bowl Outrun is undoubtedly as sketchy as it gets, and they refused to groom it for weeks last year. Their reasoning was inexplicable. I am not sure if this is what this story is about, but fuck, banning a three-decade plus season pass holder for speaking up?

Ronnie and Brad Morris suck ass at social, professional, and public relations.

A LSD Steakhouse somewhere in the Wasatch
    damn thats some cereal bullshit
    you can by full price days but you complained so no season pass?
    I hope the forest circus straightens this out
    fuckin amazing how some of these resort owners think they can operateon a lease and just do as they please like it was their land
    "When the child was a child it waited patiently for the first snow and it still does"- Van "The Man" Morrison
    "I find I have already had my reward, in the doing of the thing" - Buzz Holmstrom
    "THIS IS WHAT WE DO"-AML -ski on in eternal peace
    "I have posted in here but haven't read it carefully with my trusty PoliAsshat antenna on."-DipshitDanno

I feel like I learned a new language, or maybe its skifishbum's new posting style. You actually kind of make sense!

From the article:

Snowbowl, on the other hand, denies discriminating against Sylvester. It's within its rights to deny season passes to anyone who endangers other skiers, damages equipment or is disruptive to operations, Morris said.

"He said it was unsafe," Morris said. "We didn't feel we could get into a long-term commitment with him if we weren't doing a good job running (the ski area). Why would anyone make a commitment to someone for a whole year or season that felt the place is unsafe? Nobody would do that."

How was he (presumably) the only one who was refused a pass if the conditions were that bad? Was he the only one to complain?

Dumb move on Snowbowls part.

No good way to spin this and not look like total dicks.
    I have been in this State for 30 years and I am willing to admit that I am part of the problem.

"Happiest years of my life were earning < $8.00 and hour, collecting unemployment every spring and fall, no car, no debt and no responsibilities. 1984-1990 Park City UT"

when my customers care enough to share ways that we can improve service (and who knows, maybe make some money?) we thank them-we don't tell them to fuck off. If the skier had a history of putting people on notice and then suing them then that's a different story. I would think an outright ban would serve that end better.

Why the hell would a company be upset that a customer provided feedback that would make them a better service provider. Stupid.

jgb@etree Guest
    This should turn into a pretty nice PR shitstorm.

Quote Originally Posted by jgb@etree View Post
    This should turn into a pretty nice PR shitstorm.
    It will. Another pissing contest. The mountain is making this more than it is. But.....

Dude tried to contact their insurance company, not a cool move to get any complaint resolved. That pissed off the resort (a private business once the lease is signed with USFS).

Mountain told dude to apologize and they'd sell him his pass back. Dude said "I don't have anything to apologize for" and stomped his feet.

Mountain are dicks, and so is dude who coulda ended the whole thing by saying "I'm sorry".
    Best Regards,

UMKP

"Peter, You've been missing a lot of work lately".
    "I wouldn't exactly say I've been missing it, Bob".

Shut the fuck up
    www.apriliaforum.com

"If the road You followed brought you to this,of what use was the road"?

"I have no idea what I am talking about but would be happy to share my biased opinions as fact on the matter. "
    Ottime

You are not allowed to talk to me that way. I am a customer on this free forum. Can someone please ban this guy from all internet usage forever and a day because he hurt my wittle boy feewings.
    Best Regards,

UMKP

"Peter, You've been missing a lot of work lately".
    "I wouldn't exactly say I've been missing it, Bob".

The outrun was really bad last year when the complaints were made and I know of several people who brought it to managements attention.

Jim got screwed and unfortunately wasn't the only person.

A LSD Steakhouse somewhere in the Wasatch
    I'd a pulled the fingers crossed I'm sorry with a so are you under my breath
    then pee on the managements car doorlock on a cold day cause i don't handle poop like md9
    "When the child was a child it waited patiently for the first snow and it still does"- Van "The Man" Morrison
    "I find I have already had my reward, in the doing of the thing" - Buzz Holmstrom
    "THIS IS WHAT WE DO"-AML -ski on in eternal peace
    "I have posted in here but haven't read it carefully with my trusty PoliAsshat antenna on."-DipshitDanno

Actually calling the insurance company is a truly excellent way to get results

Hayduke Aug 7,1996 GS-Aug 26 2010
    HunterS March 17 09-Oct 24 14

Quote Originally Posted by haydukelives View Post
    Actually calling the insurance company is a truly excellent way to get results
    If the result you seek is losing your season pass, that is.

Called the insurance company??? Sounds like a dick move to me. Silvester=old dude with too much time on his hands. We all have met people like this. Bummer about the pass though.

Soooooo glad I don't have to deal with snowbowl's bullshit anymore. Fuck that place. It could be such a cool hill, but instead it's a non-stop shitshow of "what has management fucked up now?"

Calling the insurance company was aggro, but what else was he going to do? Keep complaining to management, who clearly do not give a shit? He got the track groomed.

Quote Originally Posted by Bunion View Post
    Dumb move on Snowbowls part.

No good way to spin this and not look like total dicks.
    Do they care? What ever happened at Sunshine?

I'm always amazed when I see successful business people acting so petty and unprofessional. It goes against my ideas about how one achieves success.
    that's all i can think of, but i'm sure there's something else...

Quote Originally Posted by counterfeitfake View Post

I'm always amazed when I see successful business people acting so petty and unprofessional. It goes against my ideas about how one achieves success.
    Sadly, success often entails having enough family money or backing to routinely screw up (see Sunshine Village).

Welp ... looks like Snowbowl is doing an excellent job of illustrating what neanderthals they are when it comes to general PR and social media.

If the guy was all pissed about the runout, why not ski a different run? I think this is an argument between two assholes...

Sylvester should take the open patrol job at Snow Basin. Sue is the only one who misses him. Ha HA.

Quote Originally Posted by 1080Rider View Post
    If the guy was all pissed about the runout, why not ski a different run? I think this is an argument between two assholes...
    Basically the whole bowl (the majority of the front side and best skiing) funnels into the runout. It can't be avoided.

Quote Originally Posted by 1080Rider View Post
    that's not really an option. most runs worth skiing funnel to this run at the bottom. if you ski snowbowl, you ski the outrun.

wonder if snowbowl ever imagined this is how their 50th anniversary season would be going.
    Big skis from small companies at Backcountry Freeskier

Let's all get hysterical about something that we know really very little about.
    For example: there is no other way out of the bowls and Grizz. No one wants to ski the E ridge runs all day.

But I do hope Toms Wells is out there raging down Grizz and the Bowls on his K2s.
    Merde De Glace On the Freak When Ski
    >>>200 cm Black Bamboo Sidewalled DPS Lotus 120 : Best Skis Ever <<<

Quote Originally Posted by toast2266 View Post
    Soooooo glad I don't have to deal with snowbowl's bullshit anymore. Fuck that place. It could be such a cool hill, but instead it's a non-stop shitshow of "what has management fucked up now?"
    Yep,same deal here different mountain.
    http://www.tetongravity.com/forums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=3982&dateline=1279375  363

Quote Originally Posted by Bobcat Sig View Post
    Welp ... looks like Snowbowl is doing an excellent job of illustrating what neanderthals they are when it comes to general PR and social media.
    Just like Snowbasin and Sunshine. LOL!

Sent from planet earth and an iPhone
    Terje was right.

"We're all kooks to somebody else." -Shelby Menzel