Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

FS: 3 bed, 1 bath house, in the Denver Highlands. $255k

yup, it looks like we are moving to utardia for work.

need to sell my house in denver.

http://www.realtor.com/realestateand...228?source=web

we love this house, and would stay here long term without question otherwise.

+built in 1932, great period charm (coved ceiling, arches thru-out, hardwood floors, etc)
    +1700 sq ft
    +3 bed, 1 ba
    +very easy to add 2nd bath in the laundry room
    +great front porch
    +very nicely landscaped
    +large 1.5x lot
    +10x12 storage shed
    +all paint inside and out is less than 3 years old
    +everything (plumbing, AC, new water heater, etc) is well maintained, with no issues
    +granite counters and slate floor in remodeled kitchen w/ rad breakfast nook
    +great closet space in all bedrooms, not tiny old closets
    +ridiculous amounts storage all over the house.

IMO the best location in denver. very quick and easy access to I70, golden, boulder, etc, close to restaurants and bars at 32nd and lowell, 32nd and zuni and tennyson art district, close to rocky mountain park, quick bike ride to logo.

thanks!
    Last edited by marshalolson; 01-02-2012 at 01:36 PM.
    go for rob

www.dpsskis.com

Utardia; Colorado is sad to hear your leaving
    Quote Originally Posted by splat,Huckin eh?, and Stroupskier, respectively
    Someone shoulda warned him that no matter how brutal winter or summer can be, a bad post on TGR can be almost impossible to weather once the shitstorm breaks loose.

Or worse, the "Shitnado"!

No, a shiticane.

you might want to check TGR pricing guidelines.

CO is sad.
    In search of the elusive artic powder weasel ...

A LSD Steakhouse somewhere in the Wasatch
    Quote Originally Posted by marshalolson View Post
    yup, it looks like we are moving to utardia for work.
    Soon 2 B Utarded
    bump
    "When the child was a child it waited patiently for the first snow and it still does"- Van "The Man" Morrison
    "I find I have already had my reward, in the doing of the thing" - Buzz Holmstrom
    "THIS IS WHAT WE DO"-AML -ski on in eternal peace
    "I have posted in here but haven't read it carefully with my trusty PoliAsshat antenna on."-DipshitDanno

Quote Originally Posted by pfluffenmeister View Post
    you might want to check TGR pricing guidelines.

price in obo
    go for rob

www.dpsskis.com

Jebus, I would hate to show you what $255K buys you of 780sqft of awesomeness here...

Great neighborhood. I agree one the best in Denver.
    Sorry to see ya go.

slightly interested. i don't have to be a rocket scientist to see this looks like a well maintained home. Really trying to stay in Old Town Louisville, but this is making me think...
    "One season per year, the gods open the skies, and releases a white, fluffy, pillow on top of the most forbidding mountain landscapes, allowing people to travel over them with ease and relative abandonment of concern for safety. It's incredible."

put it this way, if it was a money pit, or needed work, or anything, i would not post it on tgr...

so yeah, give me a ring, and pop on by

old town lousiville is 15-20 minutes depending on traffic. my wife commutes to boulder everyday and unless there is a gnarly accident or something its 35 mins... just fwiw
    go for rob

www.dpsskis.com

my wife commutes to boulder everyday and unless there is a gnarly accident or something its 35 mins... just fwiw
    Wow. That puts it into perspective. My commute to Lakewood is 35 minutes from South Littleton.

GLWS! Sorry to see you go.
    Brandine: Now Cletus, if I catch you with pig lipstick on your collar one more time you ain't gonna be allowed to sleep in the barn no more!
    Cletus: Duly noted.

If I weren't horribly upside down at my current location, I'd be all over this. Beautiful home.
    I french kissed Kelly Kapowski.

Colorado's loss is Utah's gain.

Welcome!

Man, this is kinda killing me. That is right in the sweet spot for what I'd like to pay for a home. Let me talk to my wife and see if I can get her to come out with me to check it out. I love these older homes with charm, a yard, and some actually skilled craftsmanship inside. Does anyone arch or dovetail anything anymore? What are your average monthly bills around there? Does it have some solid double pane windows/ insulation? Is a demo fleet of skis going to be left behind in the basement? I can certainly ask you all this when we come over. What's your situation, though, timing wise? We have 3 months left on our lease.
    "One season per year, the gods open the skies, and releases a white, fluffy, pillow on top of the most forbidding mountain landscapes, allowing people to travel over them with ease and relative abandonment of concern for safety. It's incredible."

Quote Originally Posted by Cruiser View Post
    Wow. That puts it into perspective. My commute to Lakewood is 35 minutes from South Littleton.

i should actually add its 27 minutes to boulder without any traffic at all (i.e. noon, saturday, 9pm, whatever)... its 35 on a normal day at 8:30 in the morning or whatever.
    go for rob

www.dpsskis.com

Quote Originally Posted by guroo270 View Post
    Man, this is kinda killing me. That is right in the sweet spot for what I'd like to pay for a home. Let me talk to my wife and see if I can get her to come out with me to check it out. I love these older homes with charm, a yard, and some actually skilled craftsmanship inside. Does anyone arch or dovetail anything anymore? What are your average monthly bills around there? Does it have some solid double pane windows/ insulation? Is a demo fleet of skis going to be left behind in the basement? I can certainly ask you all this when we come over. What's your situation, though, timing wise? We have 3 months left on our lease.
    it has less than 3 years old triple pane (i.e. the nicest, most energy efficient windows) thru the entire house, except for ~2 windows that are maybe 5 years old double panes, and has upgraded insulation in the attic. all that is tight, intention to live here for 30 years, etc. its about as cheap to heat as a 1700 sq ft house is going to get. the other nice thing is that the basement has a lot of nice living space, and is basically all finished, so in the summer, we don't run much AC since we chill in the basement so much. really the energy bill is about 60% of what it was when we moved in, prior to doing the windows and insulation.

taxes are super low... like $1200 a year.

only potential negative, is the basement ceiling is sorta low (its actually the highest we found in the neighborhood, fwiw, we looked at 30 houses before buying, and does not have any beams anywhere to smack your head on)... but its not full 8 foot. fits me a 6'2'' fine, but if someone is 6'5'' they don't want to buy this house.

its only a 1 bath, but adding a 2nd bath to the basement, and having it connect to the bedroom in the basement is very easy. all the plumbing in the house runs right thru there, and the room is plenty big. i would make a rad bathroom. we intended to do this if we were staying.

as far as timing goes, realistically we would like to close in the next month or so, asap... but if you look and fall in love, we can try to work something out; we are easy... and motivated
    Last edited by marshalolson; 01-03-2012 at 01:14 PM.
    go for rob

www.dpsskis.com

Quote Originally Posted by Cruiser View Post

Great neighborhood, and I second the thought on seeing you ship off to Utah. Good luck!

FWIW, my commute is 60 minutes each way on a good day from South Littleton to Broomfield, so you need to stop the complaints
    You should have been here yesterday!

thanks for all the well-wishes, denver/co cats!

except poop*ghost. screw that guy

:ehugs:
    go for rob

www.dpsskis.com

Wow, sad to see a legend die..

Oh, sorry, didn't read the whole thread

OH, and this is my favorite neighborhood in Denver. Someone should jump on this.

Just don't hire a civil engineer if you need anything done, they all suck.
    www.dpsskis.com
    www.point6.com
    formerly an ambassador for a few others, but the ski industry is... interesting.
    Fukt: a very small amount of snow.

Im stoked to hear your moving to SLC. Sure the commute to Boulder is 8 1/2 hours but ALTA is only 20mins. I hope we're neighbors and you have time to make some laps. If you need help moving anything big and heavy into your new place Ill send over the welcome wagon to do your "light work" and serve up some milk and cookies "leave it to beaver" style.

Good Luck

Nice place and a nice price.

Question, does the house come with a DPS quiver?

Good luck with the move!

Quote Originally Posted by CG View Post
    does the house come with a DPS quiver?
    that depends on the buyers offer

thanks for the offer olympus. once actually know when i am moving, i will for sure reach out to you and a small handful of other cats in the area.

thanks all, for the well-wishes.

now buy my house i accept paypal as well
    go for rob

www.dpsskis.com

Any interest in renting or rent-to- own?
    Everybody's gotta have parkas. I'm talking custom parkas. Two words: "client development." They see all of you out there cutting the powder in your matching Schweikart & Cokely parkas, you'll make an impression. You will thank me later.

i accept paypal as well
    The fees are gonna suck. Or are you just gonna make someone 'gift' it?

Quote Originally Posted by systemoverblow'd View Post
    The fees are gonna suck. Or are you just gonna make someone 'gift' it?
    you should see what they charge on loan origination fees
    go for rob

www.dpsskis.com

Quote Originally Posted by HellgateBasement View Post
    Any interest in renting or rent-to- own?
    we would consider it, as a last ditch option, but would sort of rather sell at this point, as we need cash to put down on the new house. but feel free to hit me up via pm if you are interested in discussing.
    go for rob

www.dpsskis.com