Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
    Just dont have the GPS on where it talks when I am the passenger and I know where we are going... especially when where we are going is easy.. like go straight. When you see the giant tomato sign turn left.

I used to think so. But have to admit that just having moved to a new city I've used it quite a bit. Very helpful on long journeys in finding cheap hotels or decent food a few miles off the beaten track that I would have otherwise missed altogether. I will happily admit that my 2500 mile drive down here from Bellingham would have been much much shittier without it. That said if I've been to or through a place once before I don't need it. I've been blessed with a pretty good sense of direction and excellent memory for locations and directions.
    I thought their offices would be strewn with bunny-fucking and condom dispensers, a veritable enchanted forest of cock shafts and twat mist. - JoeStrummer

Down the valley a bit further on the good side of the 49th
    GPS is brilliant going deep into any city or driving in any unknown city. A good map is much better out in the boondocks but it can be fun annoying 'Betty the Bitch' telling you where to go on the GPS.
    It's not so much the model year, it's the high mileage or meterage to keep the youth of Canada happy

Android phone/google maps with traffic layer is the shit when you fly into oakland and need to route the quickest way to santa cruz.

And only pussies use the term "man card".
    Living vicariously through myself.

If I'm not pressed for time, I get directions before I leave and the GPS stays off until I'm lost, and possibly late. Then I look it up on my phone. The GPS nav for Android is awesome.

Quote Originally Posted by belgian View Post
    I've been blessed with a pretty good sense of direction and excellent memory for locations and directions.
    And a David-style mesomorpic natural athlete's body? And a human-sized dick? TEXT ME, BITCH!

Iceman Larry Craig's in jeans.

Hookers & Blow on GPS

Quote Originally Posted by brice618 View Post
    Iceman Larry Craig's in jeans.
    I sense that you are uncomfortable. I like that.

If you're worried about losing your man card, than arrive there like a REAL MAN. That's right, fuck your pussy auto-mobile.... Roll into town on a FUCKING HORSE-DRAWN CHARIOT, you goddamn pansy.

Btw, If it wasn't for that faggy little card you've just shown me, I would sadly have never guessed you're actually a man.

If you're just cruising around your own metro area, typically they are a waste of time unless time is of the essence and you don't have a roadmap that inclcudes every road in the metro area which I'm assuming most don't. GPSs are great on vacation. When driving around you can just search for restaurants, hotels, etc in the general area, check prices without driving around. When on the road for business, expecially if you work coast to coast, you would be an idiot to not have a GPS. Once you find where you want to be based in a city you can again search and find the Chipotle thats two miles away that you would have never known about instead of eating at the gas station. Again, you can find all the hotels around and likely save yourself $100/night with a few minutes on the phone. You can basically pay for the GPS in a couple days by way of not wasting time or money. As a lot of people who work on the road can testify, booking ahead isn't always an option as you don't know if you're going to be in a city for a day or a few sometimes. In my industry, I worked at night on telecommunications and sometimes had to find lots of those little brick utility buildings on the side of the road (the type with the towers by them) in the middle of knowhere AT NIGHT. Yah a GPS sorta helps when you can't see the road signs (if there even is one). A GPS is just another tool that is too cheap not to have if you travel much.

On another note, GPS isn't something I would be counting on in downtown areas like Chicago, New York, etc as I can tell you from experience the amount and size of the buildings can be a pain in the ass and leave you feelings helpless as to where you are and where you need to go.

Quote Originally Posted by systemoverblow'd View Post
    Saying "man card" automatically takes away your man card.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bobcat Sig View Post
    Whoever said that discussing one's man card is grounds for loss of said card is spot on.
    Quote Originally Posted by schuss View Post
    Worrying about your man card = you never had one to begin with.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moose Pit View Post
    If you need a card to identify yourself as a man then there is a problem.
    Quote Originally Posted by stuckathuntermtn View Post
    Does being able to find random places make you somehow less of a man?
    Are you one of those chauvinists who can't ask for directions when they're really lost?

If you all don't quit bitching about how man cards aren't necessary to judge your manhood then I'M TAKING YOUR FUCKING MAN CARDS. Sounds like a damned AA meeting in here.

giving a shit about what is in your car or not is a loss of a man card IMO who the hell cares?
    Its not that I suck at spelling, its that I just don't care

Quote Originally Posted by grrrr View Post
    Android phone/google maps with traffic layer is the shit when you fly into oakland and need to route the quickest way to santa cruz.

And only pussies use the term "man card".
    My droid decided it couldn't get a gps fix and fucking sucks for directions. I was driving around in the dark screaming at my phone. I couldn't fix a gps signal. sitting still.
    Are the Iranians up to something again, or is my phone fucking dumb?
    It basically could tell me I was somewhere is Missoula, which is accurate, but something even strangers on the internet know.
    No longer stuck.

Just an uneducated guess.

Must be your phone. I was in Missoula earlier this week, no problems. Less than a minute to find a restaurant, find out if it was open and get directions.

Droid + Google Navigation + Lots of business driving to places I've never been = GPS win

Once I've been there, never need GPS to get there again. GPS is a less angry version of the Mrs. sitting next to you who is actually right.
    I've concluded that DJSapp was never DJSapp, and Not DJSapp is also not DJSapp, so that means he's telling the truth now and he was lying before.

Never tried a car-model, but don't drive to many confusing places. Last time i was 'lost' was downtown Denver, trying to find the Avalanche game. Got to a stoplight, there was a homeless dude with a cardboard sign. 'Hey man, where's the Pepsi Center'? Ok, whatchado, ya take this left, get in the right lane, two blocks'...
    Thanks dude, here's a buck for ya, have a good one...
    Something about the wrinkle in your forehead tells me there's a fit about to get thrown
    And I never hear a single word you say when you tell me not to have my fun
    It's the same old shit that I ain't gonna take off anyone.
    and I never had a shortage of people tryin' to warn me about the dangers I pose to myself.

Patterson Hood of the DBT's

Could it have something to do with a Thule getup? GPS is pretty weak. Who knows. I've rooted my phone and played with the settings to oblivion, but it's fixed my position before.
    EDIT: just checked, Location Services and Google Location services are checked.
    In other news: I showed up all pissed off to Bayern (yes, I couldn't find Bayern, shut up) and the chick still wanted to bang me. Twice.
    So 2012's off to a good start.
    No longer stuck.

sitting here in my room it's fixing my location within about 50 or so yards.
    Does a ski pod with skis in it, a bike rack, cross rails, ya know, the whole shabang screw up gps?
    No longer stuck.

Download GPS Test. (URL too long).

I've got a gps dashboard thingy app. I'm showing 2 gps sats and 0 used in fix. WTF?!
    No longer stuck.

uninstalled a few things, turned up the scan frequency or something, and now it's working again. how about that. Could just be coinsidence. Like how in Windows some things just decide to work or not.
    No longer stuck.

My kid delivers pizza's in suburbia. They literally would not hire him without one and he could kick your ass!

I use a gps a lot. Not a talking one, unless I am traveling out of town for work, but the google maps on my iPhone gets more use then anything. That map does not tell you what restaurants are where or give you any reviews.

I also use the shit out of my garmin during elk hunting. There are no trail heads in the BC, and it makes a lot of shit, a lot easier (marking spots, paths through thick shit, etc.).

If using modern technology causes the revocation of my man card...well, I guess I am fucked, as I type this on a computer. I guess a real man would meet up with all you fuckers on the porch of his house, which he built from logs he cut down, to drink moonshine that he made, to talk about this shit.
    "We had nice 3 days in your autonomous mountain realm last weekend." - Tom from Austria (the Rax ski guy)

Quote Originally Posted by gretch6364 View Post
    I guess a real man would meet up with all you fuckers on the porch of his house, which he built from logs he cut down, to drink moonshine that he made, to talk about this shit.
    You free next Tuesday? Or will you be getting pedicure?