Page 77 of 93 FirstFirst ... 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 ... LastLast
Results 1,901 to 1,925 of 2301
    This is great advice - thanks, team!

1) Steamboat not on pass. I concur awesome kid spot. We know someone who goes there all the time and will get there at some point.
    2) The idea of Bridger having good kids' terrain makes Big Sky more attractive, b/c can get a bonus day at Bridger on the way in or out.
    3) Sunshine just looks freakin' awesome, but more research needed to see if I want to schlep up to the Great White North with two kids under 7.
    No gnar was harmed in the writing of this post...

Went up to a hut last night to celebrate Mackenzieís 2nd B-day.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_7518.JPG 
Views:	69 
Size:	242.4 KB 
ID:	257625

Quote Originally Posted by funkendrenchman View Post
    Went up to a hut last night to celebrate Mackenzie’s 2nd B-day.

Name:	IMG_7518.JPG 
Views:	69 
Size:	242.4 KB 
ID:	257625
    strong parenting, she on your back?
    Strong skinning

didnt get pics but 4 yr old hit his first legit jump Sunday ( some snowboard kids had built a lil kicker next to the trail we watched from the lift)
    first time not enough speed, slid back and fell
    Second time, hella speed & he totally Jamie Pierred the landing with a back slap and skied out and away. I hollared, Ski patroller skied up and was less than impressed

Quote Originally Posted by Woodsy View Post
    strong parenting, she on your back?
    Strong skinning
    Thanks. Yep backpack. Shoulders were crushed on the way up.

Quote Originally Posted by funkendrenchman View Post
    Thanks. Yep backpack. Shoulders were crushed on the way up.
    its good training, after skiing Sunday with my little dood my legs were fine but shoulders and chest were sore from pulling him around the flats

missed the thanksgiving wkd storm for the las vegas invitational, but watching the 12-yr-old play is a blast. down 2-0 early in the final, the boys stormed back and tied it at 2, and again at 3 with 10 left, and won in pks. the 12-yr-old had 2 goals in the final and 5 goals in the tournament. pretty resilient group.

Name:	7 Elite-Vegas Invitational.jpg 
Views:	55 
Size:	105.5 KB 
ID:	257746

Loving the Gotama Jrs

Quote Originally Posted by Dantheman View Post
    Loving the Gotama Jrs

Yeah!
    PE, Mechanical Engineering
    University of Bridger Bowl Alumnus
    Alpental Creeper

this popped up in my wife's Facebook feed this morning...

Name:  OB 18 months.jpg
Views: 293
Size:  71.1 KB

18 months old at Beaver Creek

My kid's first day of ski school (3 yr. o.) on Saturday. Got to go ski trees for 5 hours, and when I picked her up and asked her how it went her first response was "fantastic!" Teacher said she was the group's morale booster. Pretty stoked.

My boy turned 4 a month ago. Started him skiing at two. First couple years he was just to small to exert any influence over skis. Wherever they pointed he followed. Yesterday was the first day out this year. After one run with leashes he was ready to go. He skied for 3 hours straight, ate some lunch and then skied another hour. I'm not sure which of us had more fun. Watching him how to learn how to use his edges is awesome.

Enjoy it. Once they are off the leash, it literally gets more fun every single day.

Quote Originally Posted by Dantheman View Post
    Loving the Gotama Jrs

Nice. Looks like heís getting after it.

Sunday was too cold for action shots, but it was fun to cruise with the minion.

Name:	IMG_3228.JPG 
Views:	66 
Size:	264.0 KB 
ID:	258341

Awesome work for a 4 year old!

I'm going through the same thing right now with my just turned 3 year-old. Second season just started and he's not quite ready to exert much pressure on his edges. We work on "hands on knees" to keep him forward and balanced and playing with the fall line. Pretty much just heads the direction his skis are pointing, so we do a lot of zig-zagging across the hill.

Name:	IMG_0648.jpg 
Views:	60 
Size:	1.87 MB 
ID:	258465
    training
    bF
    Alpental Indigenous

First day out for these 2. Can't wait until 3yr old learns how to stop, she likes to go fast. FYI I had nothing to do with helmets.

Name:	20181201_101844.jpg 
Views:	54 
Size:	1.03 MB 
ID:	258478
    www.skevikskis.com Check em out!

Name:	IMG_4851.JPG 
Views:	56 
Size:	1.24 MB 
ID:	258597Click image for larger version. 

Name:	56538779191__2D13BA14-C1F3-476B-AAB1-5F99DEAA2DAE.JPG 
Views:	55 
Size:	604.7 KB 
ID:	258598

6 yr olds reaction to first day out this season
    "What moves men of genius, or rather what inspires their work, is not new ideas, but their obsession with the idea that what has already been said is still not enough."

-Eugene Delacroix

Have you thought of whistler for your kids vacation? Ski school is in the middle of the mountain and seems like a fun place kids on and off snow.

Banff and sunshine would be another solid option. Again ski school in the middle of mountain. Town of banff will have just as much Xmas lights as whistler.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

Have any of you filed down the edges of your kids skis, snowboards, or snowskates? Iím in a process of filing down the edges of my sons snowskate. My hands and arms are tired from using a file and I only managed to do little damage to the nose... I heard kids using angle grinder to file down the edges for rails. Either way Iíll finish up the nose and tail section.

Just wondering if itís worth filling down the effective edges. Iím thinking itís worth it because he is not gonna curve and itís safer when the snowskate flips upside down.

Do you worry about your kids double eject and land on skis with sharp edges?

Why the fuck would you do that? Skis need edges. Iíve never worried about edges cutting my child.

Quote Originally Posted by tmokes View Post
    No. Never.
    I would be more worried about them running into a tree, another skier, or a lift pole because they have no edges on their skis and cant turn or stop.

Buy a detuning stone, and give that snowskate a few swipes and you should be good to go.

Quote Originally Posted by tmokes View Post
    Have any of you filed down the edges of your kids skis, snowboards, or snowskates? I’m in a process of filing down the edges of my sons snowskate. My hands and arms are tired from using a file and I only managed to do little damage to the nose... I heard kids using angle grinder to file down the edges for rails. Either way I’ll finish up the nose and tail section.

Just wondering if it’s worth filling down the effective edges. I’m thinking it’s worth it because he is not gonna curve and it’s safer when the snowskate flips upside down.

Don't do that

Quote Originally Posted by ~mikey b View Post
    Why the fuck would you do that? Skis need edges. Iíve never worried about edges cutting my child.
    I sent a kid down in a patrol sled once because she fell on her ski and cut herself pretty deeply on it. This is another reason to make your kid keep their shell jacket zipped. She wouldn't have sliced herself if her jacket hadn't gotten rucked up. So it's not impossible, but corn rash in that scenario was the greater hazard.

In no way does this make me want to detune my own kid's skis.

Well, I might keep the effective edges untouched, but nose and tail will be rounded.