Page 58 of 110 FirstFirst ... 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 ... LastLast
Results 1,426 to 1,450 of 2741
    Nice Danno! Race team with level 3 instructors 3 times a week is even better. Little sponges.

My little girls first weekend in 4 buckle race boots. She had flu B and strep all week and still isn't back at full strength but I feel like a good parent for setting her up with the tools she needs to get better. Coach told us Friday night at the bar I needed to get them asap and I was a step ahead of him for once.

Unfortunately the weekend open race was canceled due to the heat and soft snow.

Also thanks to Mike for the cheap speedsuit with super fast shipping. Stoked.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by detrusor View Post
    Kids destroyed the pow at Snowbird today. Cashed in a gift card (thanks to Mtlion and skibee) and stayed at the Cliff. Attachment 226773
    ^^ bet they never forget that day

Quote Originally Posted by uglymoney View Post
    My little girls first weekend in 4 buckle race boots.
    She's a ripping skier! How old again?

Did you notice an improvement with the 4 buckle boots? My oldest (8) is in a pair of three buckle Rossi boots. His race coach suggested going to 4 buckle race boots but that would have meant new skis because the BSL is a lot larger. Next year.

Quote Originally Posted by The Tortoise View Post
    She's a ripping skier! How old again?

Did you notice an improvement with the 4 buckle boots? My oldest (8) is in a pair of three buckle Rossi boots. His race coach suggested going to 4 buckle race boots but that would have meant new skis because the BSL is a lot larger. Next year.
    Thanks!

She is 7 turning 8 in a month. Honestly it was hard to tell this weekend because she lost a ton of strength being sick and she is still on a strong antibiotic so she was not at 100% yet.

A few weeks ago when we switched to the 120 race skis she insisted on the top boot buckle being so tight it was going to snap because she wanted to drive the skis harder...so I am sure it will make a big difference with her as she works into them and kicks back into high gear.

Wow, great form on all of the kids skiing on this page -> way to go parents!

FWIW, due to limited snow in Tahoe basin, my 10-yo has only had about 10 days on snow but her skiing has improved a ton since last year (better form, more control, more confidence, repeat). The main difference has been going from a 2(!) to a 4 buckle boot -> wouldn't have put the two together if I didn't read the posts above, so maybe there is something to it?

Also, on Mantra Jrs!

Just switched the 8 year old to 4 buckle boot. Same size as her old boot, no change in bsl.....

And she is skiing even better. Clearly over powering the Lange rs 50’s. These are the rsj 75’s.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    I rip the groomed on tele gear

Lange Starlet 60 here.

Ongoing Kid Stoke [2011 and on...]

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_9094.jpg 
Views:	71 
Size:	1.17 MB 
ID:	2276267 year old placed second to her good buddy at utah ysl state in gs today. That’s her in the blue disco dress.....Slalom tomorrow!

Champ has some beefy quads.

No doubt. Also would have placed in U10....

Quote Originally Posted by detrusor View Post
    No doubt. Also would have placed in U10....

Congrats.

Were you taking the van out to scope the course yesterday?

Yep, Brianhead.

Ongoing Kid Stoke [2011 and on...]

having a blast with my 2yo lately on some spring like weather, went from being lazy to skiing on her own with me controlling the speed once I gave up the carpet and took her up the bunny hill lift!

Name:	DSC_0118.jpg 
Views:	76 
Size:	946.5 KB 
ID:	227643 she is 5.

Woot!

My son has improved by leaps and bounds this year. Solid, confident turns down steep technical terrain, pointing it everywhere else, and really figuring out how to launch. Look at the tuck!

Looking for toddler grom advice:

Just finished first season with my 2 year-old (we're flatlanders) and we've been having a blast. Got out 5 times and kept it all about having fun. He's good to put his gear and skis on (toe, then heeeel), and is comfortable riding the magic carpet and chairlift. Kept him out of edgie wedgies cause I dont think his legs are quite strong enough to naturally hold that position yet. So we worked on sliding and stomping to move around when its flat/uphill and used "hands on knees" for going (barely) downhill. He's now obsessed with "going fast" and only wants to ski between my legs, which was his reward at the end of the day for doing all the rest of the stuff on his own.

Where do I go from here for next season? I'm lost in the edgie-wedgie/harness debate. My instinct is to just let him learn to pizza on his own when he's ready, but might just be biased cause that's how I learned as a toddler.

Quote Originally Posted by GAPERsauraus REX View Post
    Looking for toddler grom advice:

Just finished first season with my 2 year-old (we're flatlanders) and we've been having a blast. Got out 5 times and kept it all about having fun. He's good to put his gear and skis on (toe, then heeeel), and is comfortable riding the magic carpet and chairlift. Kept him out of edgie wedgies cause I dont think his legs are quite strong enough to naturally hold that position yet. So we worked on sliding and stomping to move around when its flat/uphill and used "hands on knees" for going (barely) downhill. He's now obsessed with "going fast" and only wants to ski between my legs, which was his reward at the end of the day for doing all the rest of the stuff on his own.

Where do I go from here for next season? I'm lost in the edgie-wedgie/harness debate. My instinct is to just let him learn to pizza on his own when he's ready, but might just be biased cause that's how I learned as a toddler.
    Don't force the kid into a wedge. Maybe he'll just never need it if you do things right.

Similarly, don't go for the leash or the edgie wedgie unless you have some wildly compelling reason to do so.

Yes, all this means you're going to spend another year or two on the magic carpet compared to forcing him out on blue groomers with a leash in a death wedge by age 3, but by the time he's 5 you may well have a kid who skis in a relatively clean open parallel and is ready to move on to real terrain, park laps, etc.

To get him out from your legs and encourage him to stand and steer his own skis while hanging on to something, try a hula hoop.

Hula hoop for the win.

10 ft length of pvc w a connector from Home Depot. No more aching lower back

Quote Originally Posted by Sirshredalot View Post
    To get him out from your legs and encourage him to stand and steer his own skis while hanging on to something, try a hula hoop.
    Thanks for the grom advice. It's snowing in Chicago, so might get another week in to try it out.

I take way too many pics to add to this thread...easiest is to show a vid from Telluride over President's week. 9 year old has the most coverage and skiing well, the 6 year old is a charger, and the 21 month old has about 8 days on skis so far...well...make that 8 days at an hour at a time. I mean, he has NO IDEA what he's doing!

^^^they are looking good.

This year has been a blast. So cool watching my 6 yr old progress. Took him on his first long traverse Sunday to ski Lightning to Shark Fin to Lower Pali Bowl. We found untracked cold snow at the Fin. It is a short but steep and narrow pitch. So cool watching him link turns down it. Once out into the open bowl we could not avoid the mank. He even enjoyed that and was able to link turns. Sunday was basically an inch or two on top of refrozen chunder. We found powder, chowder, chunder, mank, firm pack and more. I think he may be a better skier than his mom on days like that. Or at least does not complain about the snow variability.

No action shots, but here we are having lunch atop a knoll at the base of Thunder Saddle. The best part was, after eating we had about 100 yards of low angle untracked to (kind of) turn in.

Name:	IMG_3952.jpg 
Views:	60 
Size:	1.34 MB 
ID:	228208

if you want to drive a truck...make it a big one!

https://www.tetongravity.com/video/ski/truckdriver

^^ keep them coming lb. the little man throwing down at solitude

Name:	parachute.jpg 
Views:	92 
Size:	271.5 KB 
ID:	228717

Starting to look pretty good in the soft stuff.