Page 80 of 109 FirstFirst ... 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 ... LastLast
Results 1,976 to 2,000 of 2721
    Quote Originally Posted by bigdude2468 View Post
    Yea, figured out that was Tyrol, she looks great in the night video.

Our U10 Granddaughter racing for Ausblick had a "PERFECT SEASON" in the Wisconsin Junior Racing League. Attached is a video of a Metro Cup dual slalom at Tyrol in early March. Our Granddaughter is on the red course racing against a U12 boy on blue. Not technically a dual as the two courses were timed separately with the top eight U12 and under boys or girls going to a race off. She made it to the finals were she was going to get beat by the top boy, he falls so she wins it. I asked her when he fell did you let up a little as long as you were going to win, she looks at me and says "why would I do that?" Silly me...

https://photos.app.goo.gl/cLaBm9vwJmehVhXE7
    That is awesome! That is the weekend after we were there. We hold the Chestnut open that weekend.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by uglymoney View Post
    That is awesome! That is the weekend after we were there. We hold the Chestnut open that weekend.

My wife and I are retired and live in SLC all winter ( 30 miles west of Milwaukee during the summer) so she gets the opportunity to come out and ski with us several times during the winter. Started her at 2 at Cascade, her mom and dad were college racers so she has it in her blood. We have two sons who I taught to ski and had a blast watch them grow up on skis. However skiing with our granddaughter is way more fun. It might be we are much better skiers than we were back then. She skis every inch of Alta and there is nothing like hiking Eddies or skiing High Boy with a nine year old when she rips it, brings tears to my eyes watching her.

My wife and I are retired and live in SLC all winter ( 30 miles west of Milwaukee during the summer) so she gets the opportunity to come out and ski with us several times during the winter. Started her at 2 at Cascade, her mom and dad were college racers so she has it in her blood. We have two sons who I taught to ski and had a blast watch them grow up on skis. However skiing with our granddaughter is way more fun. It might be we are much better skiers than we were back then. She skis every inch of Alta and there is nothing like hiking Eddies or skiing High Boy with a nine year old when she rips it, brings tears to my eyes watching her.
    Bad ass. We will probably cross her path somewhere along the line. I think when you see whatever the ski genes are that made you love skiing come out in offspring, or grandkids it is really something. I know my stepson likes to ski, but my daughter loves it in a different way. It isn't something you can teach or put your finger on but you know it when you see it.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	84A8BA3A-84BA-43A6-BD79-E2DDC458D12A.jpeg 
Views:	58 
Size:	81.0 KB 
ID:	279374

Ovation at Killington today.

Quote Originally Posted by iriponsnow View Post

Name:	84A8BA3A-84BA-43A6-BD79-E2DDC458D12A.jpeg 
Views:	58 
Size:	81.0 KB 
ID:	279374

Ovation at Killington today.
    Looks like Moment Carson's to me.

Just remembered she did a March Saturday / Sunday race at Chestnut, not sure it was the open.

Looks like Moment Carson's to me.
    Yep!

Just remembered she did a March Saturday / Sunday race at Chestnut, not sure it was the open.
    Hmmm...U10? We had a couple girls from Four Lakes who were sisters. Turnout was pretty thin considering how awesome the race course was. Tell her to go next year for sure. It is a super long course and the only time they let us set up on Crazy Horse. The previous two years we had to cancel because of crazy weather so that contributed to the low turnout this year.

They did have a banked slalom event a couple weekends later on a Sunday with freestyle jumping the night before. We were out west for that.

Quote Originally Posted by iriponsnow View Post
    Yep!
    They are the best kids ski on the planet, our granddaughter is on her second pair.

Name:	FCFBD5A7-C174-404A-A07E-468977102EF5.jpg 
Views:	72 
Size:	407.5 KB 
ID:	279480Fun photo here. We’re smacking hands on our alternating turns.

They are the best kids ski on the planet, our granddaughter is on her second pair.
    I just wish they were a little wider!

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    I rip the groomed on tele gear

Quote Originally Posted by detrusor View Post
    I just wish they were a little wider!

Carson's are 80, 83 or 85 underfoot depending on length, that seems good to me. Our granddaughter has no problem in deep powder with her 136's. BTW Moment made the Zephyr for kids, 101 underfoot, unfortunately they have not made them for three or four years. Last fall it looked like Moment was going to do a small run if they could get orders for 20 pair. Luke Jacobson, CEO of Moment was working on it but then they were so busy they decided to not do it. He found two pair in their warehouse which I bought. I might have a pair of used 146's that I might be willing to sell. My wife who is 4'10" tall and weighs 95 lbs absolutely loves them.

Damn, sounds like my kiddo needs a pair of those!

She'd need the shortest length, though.
    "fuck off you asshat gaper shit for brains fucktard wanker." - Jesus Christ
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "everybody's got their hooks into you, fuck em....forge on motherfuckers, drag all those bitches across the goal line with you." - (not so) ill-advised strategy

You let her get that close to Bunny?
    I didn't believe in reincarnation when I was your age either.

Well, it’s not like they rode a lift together and had to off board at the same time.

Carson's are 80, 83 or 85 underfoot depending on length, that seems good to me. Our granddaughter has no problem in deep powder with her 136's. BTW Moment made the Zephyr for kids, 101 underfoot, unfortunately they have not made them for three or four years. Last fall it looked like Moment was going to do a small run if they could get orders for 20 pair. Luke Jacobson, CEO of Moment was working on it but then they were so busy they decided to not do it. He found two pair in their warehouse which I bought. I might have a pair of used 146's that I might be willing to sell. My wife who is 4'10" tall and weighs 95 lbs absolutely loves them.
    I’d probably be interested! 9 yr old was on 143 shiro juniors this year and the 8yr old on some 131 praxis that are 101 under foot.

Quote Originally Posted by Danno View Post
    Damn, sounds like my kiddo needs a pair of those!

She'd need the shortest length, though.
    and after googling, found a thread in here from Moment, indicating a big sale on 2017-18 model in the 121 length. So I pulled the trigger for next season. Will need to get bindings too, I guess.

We've been doing the seasonal rental thing forever, but considering her skiing level (can ski almost anything!) it seems like a good ski would be helpful.

She's on a junior race team, hopefully the skis will work for that too (she's not hardcore, at least not yet!).
    "fuck off you asshat gaper shit for brains fucktard wanker." - Jesus Christ
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "everybody's got their hooks into you, fuck em....forge on motherfuckers, drag all those bitches across the goal line with you." - (not so) ill-advised strategy

Quote Originally Posted by Danno View Post
    and after googling, found a thread in here from Moment, indicating a big sale on 2017-18 model in the 121 length. So I pulled the trigger for next season. Will need to get bindings too, I guess.

We've been doing the seasonal rental thing forever, but considering her skiing level (can ski almost anything!) it seems like a good ski would be helpful.

She's on a junior race team, hopefully the skis will work for that too (she's not hardcore, at least not yet!).
    Our Granddaughter races on Nordica Doberman, two different lengths for SL and GS. Next year she has a new pair in 146 for GS and her shorter GS skis from this year become her SL skis. Her Carson's are 136 and we are debating if she will need new Carson's for next year. The next size up is 152 which is a pretty big jump considering they are 85 underfoot. She is 4'10', tall for a 10 year old, going to wait to see how tall she is in the fall.

I know you guys in the know are super stoked on the Moments but I will throw this out there. Ski Essentials has those Pinnacle Jr w M7 binders for 239 and they have had 10% off days so we got em for 215 shipped with M7 binders on plates. No experience with the skis but the reviews are very strong and they are wood core full adult ski build burly but still pretty light.

After that order we found a 20% off coupon w free ship everything except 2020 (now expired sorry) which we used to score $320 166 Black Pearl's for the wife and $115 dollar 14m SGJ non compliant for U14 USSA racers 142 (because radius is less than 17m) Dobermans...but will be a better ski for her and will pair well with her 130 Blizzard SL setup from Mikey.

Worth keeping an eye on their site and mail for future site wide deals.

In case anybody cares here is the tip rocker underfoot camber on the Pinnacles. They still have some left in 139 and 119. I would have shared deal earlier when coupons were active but my friend has 3 kids and he was thinking about scoring them...but he didn't.

Hmmm...U10? We had a couple girls from Four Lakes who were sisters. Turnout was pretty thin considering how awesome the race course was. Tell her to go next year for sure. It is a super long course and the only time they let us set up on Crazy Horse. The previous two years we had to cancel because of crazy weather so that contributed to the low turnout this year.

They did have a banked slalom event a couple weekends later on a Sunday with freestyle jumping the night before. We were out west for that.
    She raced a USSA / Metro Cup at Chestnut on Sunday March 10th. I checked the results and the vast majority of racers were WJR with very few WIIJR kids. I only saw a couple from Chestnut and then a scattering of other WIIJR's from GPK and Wilmot. Maybe there was another race that they were at?

She raced a USSA / Metro Cup at Chestnut on Sunday March 10th. I checked the results and the vast majority of racers were WJR with very few WIIJR kids. I only saw a couple from Chestnut and then a scattering of other WIIJR's from GPK and Wilmot. Maybe there was another race that they were at?
    Edit....okay. Was up there Friday that weekend only and I don't remember even knowing about that race. We have a USSA race every year earlier in the season but my girl took a pass in favor of free ski lappage.

Maybe next year drop me a PM if she heads this way and we'll get her sorted from the crowd.
    Last edited by uglymoney; 04-23-2019 at 12:50 PM.

Corbetts also has the Pinnacle Jrs. for $190 CAD. So, basically free for our southern folk.

https://www.corbetts.com/2018-k2-pinnacle-jr-skis/

Or with bindings for $260 CAD - https://www.corbetts.com/2018-k2-pin...-7-0-bindings/

Really debating getting a pair for my kids next year. But I just spent way too much on his race skis.

Edit....okay. Was up there Friday that weekend only and I don't remember even knowing about that race. We have a USSA race every year earlier in the season but my girl took a pass in favor of free ski lappage.

Maybe next year drop me a PM if she heads this way and we'll get her sorted from the crowd.
    +

Spent the day ripping w an amazing group of kids. Basically the Intermountain U8, U10 and U 12 champions for a birthday party.

Unreal to watch people reactions to a posse of kids that ski this strong.

Great fun

Name:	IMG_1014.jpg 
Views:	111 
Size:	1.57 MB 
ID:	280463

Quote Originally Posted by detrusor View Post
    Spent the day ripping w an amazing group of kids. Basically the Intermountain U8, U10 and U 12 champions for a birthday party.

Unreal to watch people reactions to a posse of kids that ski this strong.

Great fun

Name:	IMG_1014.jpg 
Views:	111 
Size:	1.57 MB 
ID:	280463

Little rippers leaving the masses speechless. So awesome!