Page 59 of 110 FirstFirst ... 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 ... LastLast
Results 1,451 to 1,475 of 2740
    My 8 year old is now officially a powder/tree fiend.

It's been a fun season teaching the kiddo how to snowboard. She has incredible balance, I'm stoked!
    She still wants to go 0-60 down the bunny hill, slowing her down, or stopping her, led to a few tantrums.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	magic carpet.jpg 
Views:	58 
Size:	697.0 KB 
ID:	228957

She also enjoys dragging my split around the family room

Name:	Split.jpg 
Views:	58 
Size:	1.25 MB 
ID:	228958

Quote Originally Posted by The Tortoise View Post
    My 8 year old is now officially a powder/tree fiend.
    Same here. Direct quote: "I hate groomers!"

My 6 year old is not quite the powder tree fiend yet. We got six feet of fluff last week in Tahoe and we were out skiing KW. I brought him over near some cliffs tree zone to just show it to him. I was not planning on skiing it with him, but he looks at me and says he wants to go back to the groomer. I look at him and tell him we are no where near a groomer. He points back at the cut trail we came across and says, “it’s right there.” We headed black to Olympic, which while wide enough for a groomer, has not been groomed since Vail bought the place. He then proceeds to ski fall line through the chest deep (on him) cut pow and bumps. Killed it. Loving the “groomers”.

It was fun skiing the two deepest days of the season with my kid. It was my only chance to ski, as his mom was out of town. Rather share the powder with him than pay ski school to baby sit him for the day.

Name:	IMG_0592.jpg 
Views:	51 
Size:	796.1 KB 
ID:	229262

Thing #3 is in there somewhere.....
    Quote Originally Posted by Foggy_Goggles View Post
    If I lived in WA, Oft would be my realtor. Seriously.

Quote Originally Posted by GAPERsauraus REX View Post
    Looking for toddler grom advice:

Just finished first season with my 2 year-old (we're flatlanders) and we've been having a blast. Got out 5 times and kept it all about having fun. He's good to put his gear and skis on (toe, then heeeel), and is comfortable riding the magic carpet and chairlift. Kept him out of edgie wedgies cause I dont think his legs are quite strong enough to naturally hold that position yet. So we worked on sliding and stomping to move around when its flat/uphill and used "hands on knees" for going (barely) downhill. He's now obsessed with "going fast" and only wants to ski between my legs, which was his reward at the end of the day for doing all the rest of the stuff on his own.

Where do I go from here for next season? I'm lost in the edgie-wedgie/harness debate. My instinct is to just let him learn to pizza on his own when he's ready, but might just be biased cause that's how I learned as a toddler.
    caribiner attached to the back of each boot with a 10' length of climbing strap in between. That way you can control their speed, but he has to learn balance and proper body / hand positioning. Works better than harness or hula hoop imho (both have a tendency to make kids lean back away from fall line)
    "Not all who wander are lost"

in life she is not sideways

4th day out this year- had to drag her off the hill.
    Progressing nicely with using her edges.
    Who would have thought playing "follow the leader" would be so rewarding for a 48 yr old

Name:  Cj ski.jpeg
Views: 369
Size:  96.8 KB

"Not all who wander are lost"

Very cool to see my buddy Joe and his 3 year old son Chace featured on the Alta Photo of the Day:

https://www.instagram.com/p/Bgrve1vlcKj/

I ski with them all the time and it's like hanging out with a rock star...Chace gets so many hoots and hollers everywhere he goes (including ripping a High Boy a few weeks back!).

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

We started our boys on a harness. Both are ripping now. They barely knew what a wedge was until we took them off the harness. We taught them hand signals for "slow down" or "go faster" because you can't hear a damn thing when you're both doing 20 mph. When they were small enough I skied close enough with a short leash grip that I could save them from crashing by just picking them up when I saw them catch an edge. Later I had them as long as the leashes could go so I had time to turn and not run them over when they wiped out. When they could out turn me and I had to stop dropping the leash to avoid dragging them down the hill as I went by, we got rid of the harness.

My younger boy particularly has always had sweet ankle and foot steering style, carves like a demon.

I can say the edgie wedgie things look like the worst idea possible.

Quote Originally Posted by Sirshredalot View Post
    The 2 year old was out with her mom all day and is linking a nice open parallel on the magic carpet runs and is doing all right off the High Meadow and First Time chairlifts.

I may try to whiskey her off to the magic carpet for a few laps after school this week if she is up for it.
    Careful with the whiskey after school.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using TGR Forums mobile app

Quote Originally Posted by Cdubmpdx View Post
    Careful with the whiskey after school.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using TGR Forums mobile app
    Damn you, autocorrect!

Quote Originally Posted by Sirshredalot View Post
    Damn you, autocorrect!
    If someone who didn't know what skiing was read this forum and saw the line about a 2 year old, whiskey and magic carpets you could be in trouble

Just let me know if y'all think my posts don't belong here anymore.... he's still kind of a kid, and he's my kid!

https://www.facebook.com/FreerideWor...5689534185958/

Let's get it all going for The Rookie!

Xpost with FWT thread.
    Quote Originally Posted by Foggy_Goggles View Post
    If I lived in WA, Oft would be my realtor. Seriously.

I didn't believe in reincarnation when I was your age either.

Posting here as well as a unique thread. Looking for a couple more people interested in a ripping powder ski for kids, 131cm, 102 underfoot from praxis. Pm me if interested.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    I rip the groomed on tele gear

Ahhh, this was the first season I wasn't able to get both kids out on the snow together on the same trip. They're now teenagers and the girl never really caught the ski bug much at all. Did get one very short ski day with her and a couple with her older brother this season. We used to pitch in on a group family house slopeside every February somewhere not too far away. Here's all the kid stoke we had Feb of 2017. Not sure we'll do this again until it's with grandkids...

Go that way really REALLY fast. If something gets in your way, TURN!

Name:	minii.jpg 
Views:	99 
Size:	69.8 KB 
ID:	229950

the boy seemed to advance by the run yesterday. went down his steepest run ever and connected slow parallel turns all the way. just amazing.

Quote Originally Posted by comish View Post
    Mini Comish had the Far West U-10 Championships at Flatstar this past weekend. Gotta give them credit as to get all 4 races in 3 days + skills quest was solid, given the torrential downpour / manky snow on Thursday. Wow is that place expensive?!?! $16 for a POS pizza? Even us traveling Mammoth peeps got our shit together and brought lunch on Sat. and Sun.

The skiing on the backside, albeit mellow, was super fun as we had pow all three days. Nothing steep and deep, but all fun and largely untracked in the mornings.

Mini Comish was all over the place. He struggles managing emotions and man is it tiring trying to manage tears. Skied some good and bad runs. 4th in Slalom, DQ 1st run GS, won the 2nd run!?!? (never finished higher than 14th in GS), 16th Big G, 12th in Parallel, and won the skills quest! So we had tears that he missed 3rd in slalom by .07 seconds and from the DQ in GS, but was stoked with his 2nd run of GS, the parallel, and the skills quest. I was exhausted by the end of it...

Don't need to return to Flatstar anytime soon, but it did work out for racing and some nice meadow skiing pow on the backside. Everything was soft, including the race course.

1st Place in Skills Quest:
    Attachment 229976

4th Place in Slalom, although was pissed to be that close to the podium.
    Attachment 229977

Back at LAX Sunday night with his hardware.

Attachment 229978
    congrats!

Mini Comish had the Far West U-10 Championships at Flatstar this past weekend. Gotta give them credit as to get all 4 races in 3 days + skills quest was solid, given the torrential downpour / manky snow on Thursday. Wow is that place expensive?!?! $16 for a POS pizza? Even us traveling Mammoth peeps got our shit together and brought lunch on Sat. and Sun.

The skiing on the backside, albeit mellow, was super fun as we had pow all three days. Nothing steep and deep, but all fun and largely untracked in the mornings.

Mini Comish was all over the place. He struggles managing emotions and man is it tiring trying to manage tears. Skied some good and bad runs. 4th in Slalom, DQ 1st run GS, won the 2nd run!?!? (never finished higher than 14th in GS), 16th Big G, 12th in Parallel, and won the skills quest! So we had tears that he missed 3rd in slalom by .07 seconds and from the DQ in GS, but was stoked with his 2nd run of GS, the parallel, and the skills quest. I was exhausted by the end of it...

Don't need to return to Flatstar anytime soon, but it did work out for racing and some nice meadow skiing pow on the backside. Everything was soft, including the race course.

Name:	20180325_155135.jpg 
Views:	93 
Size:	995.0 KB 
ID:	229981

Name:	20180323_160734.jpg 
Views:	92 
Size:	1.16 MB 
ID:	229982

Name:	20180325_212859.jpg 
Views:	94 
ID:	229983
    Last edited by comish; 03-27-2018 at 06:27 PM. Reason: tryin to make the damn pictures work...
    He who has the most fun wins!

well that's amazing, too!

Cobbled some clips together of my 4 year old in the trees. He keeps wanting to cut into the powder but at ~30 pounds he gets slowed down pretty easily. Fun getting away from the groom.

From Mad River Glen fb page

Quote Originally Posted by comish View Post

Name:	20180325_155135.jpg 
Views:	93 
Size:	995.0 KB 
ID:	229981

Name:	20180323_160734.jpg 
Views:	92 
Size:	1.16 MB 
ID:	229982

Name:	20180325_212859.jpg 
Views:	94 
ID:	229983
    Congrats. Nice work dude!

Name:	IMG_1059.JPG 
Views:	74 
Size:	236.1 KB 
ID:	230959Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_1060.JPG 
Views:	77 
Size:	225.1 KB 
ID:	230960Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_1020.JPG 
Views:	72 
Size:	250.1 KB 
ID:	230961Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_1033.JPG 
Views:	74 
Size:	260.0 KB 
ID:	230962Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_1036.JPG 
Views:	77 
Size:	236.1 KB 
ID:	230963Force is strong with this one.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums