Page 53 of 110 FirstFirst ... 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 ... LastLast
Results 1,301 to 1,325 of 2740
    Quote Originally Posted by wyeaster View Post
    if the tgr data be correct, happy birthday, norseman!
    Thanks, D.

Ongoing Kid Stoke [2011 and on...]

Since we’ve been thrown back into silly season with no snow, here’s a throwback to Halloween 2008

& happy bday Norse!

love it!

Second day on skis. Things are going well. Made some skins to slow the little guy down a bit.
    "Its not the arrow, its the Indian" - M.Pinto

Awesomeness
    I didn't believe in reincarnation when I was your age either.

That is great.

Kid has been on the 118 Mantra Jr's the last couple of years and they were getting a little small so ordered some of the newer version 128's. Much different ski with full rocker. Really large step up for her, and ended up finding some of the older 128's on CL. Here's the comparison.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Mantra1.jpg 
Views:	128 
Size:	1.36 MB 
ID:	218418Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Mantra2.jpg 
Views:	120 
Size:	1.41 MB 
ID:	218419

That is a pretty sweet kids ski. What's your home mountain?

We supervised our Granddaughter mounting up her new Moment Carson's this afternoon, she is stokedClick image for larger version. 

Name:	Carson mount.jpg 
Views:	72 
Size:	868.6 KB 
ID:	218437Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Carson done.jpg 
Views:	72 
Size:	950.9 KB 
ID:	218438!!!

Ongoing Kid Stoke [2011 and on...]

^^^^that is FKNA.

Quote Originally Posted by homeeey View Post
    Kid has been on the 118 Mantra Jr's the last couple of years and they were getting a little small so ordered some of the newer version 128's. Much different ski with full rocker. Really large step up for her, and ended up finding some of the older 128's on CL. Here's the comparison.

Name:	Mantra1.jpg 
Views:	128 
Size:	1.36 MB 
ID:	218418Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Mantra2.jpg 
Views:	120 
ID:	218419
    Same thing here. Actually we have the 118 Gotama, which is slightly narrower and the 128 Mantra. Big size difference between the two.

I’m not reading 76 pages, so sorry if this was asked before, but has anybody put their first timer/age 1 on snow blade? I’m not a skier so not sure what the shortest skis they make for toddlers. I’m just planning ahead for next season.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

Quote Originally Posted by tmokes View Post
    I’m not reading 76 pages, so sorry if this was asked before, but has anybody put their first timer/age 1 on snow blade? I’m not a skier so not sure what the shortest skis they make for toddlers. I’m just planning ahead for next season.

You're probably better off with the smallest kids ski you can find. The binding system on a snow blade is non releasable and, I suspect, is not designed to accommodate such a tiny boot.

We should try to make a weekday rendezvous.

I’ll double down and guess that yes that is little thunder. My first day skiing we had two double rope tows there . heavenly and mammoth. Not sure how I managed it but I made it to the top of Mammoth without any instruction and really crappy gear. Pointed them straight down and suffered the consequences. I was eleven and it was the ‘77-78 season. Just after the shitty 76-77 season.

Got to try and bring Todd there this winter. It’s a jaunt but we get the reciprocals midweek. Would love to put him on Little thunder and my first chair...Julie’s green.

Thanks for the tip. I might cut the tail of kids ski then.... we’ll see what I can find for cheap. Meanwhile I’ll look for the smallest ski boots.

Quote Originally Posted by tmokes View Post
    Thanks for the tip. I might cut the tail of kids ski then.... we’ll see what I can find for cheap. Meanwhile I’ll look for the smallest ski boots.

If your kid is only 1, you may want to consider these ..... https://www.mec.ca/en/product/5044-0...SABEgKorvD_BwE

Most 1 y/o's don't have the core strength accomplish much on skis to begin with.... I put my two year old on these, as a means to get him familiar with skis in general. we basically limit it to flat ground, but he is moving around with them. so he has already exceeded my expectations for this season. between the age of 1 and 2, you can only expect a max of 20min of their attention for any given task. I like these because we can strap them on and off quick, to keep his experiences positive and centered around what he wants. If we take too much time fiddling around with gear, i find it really lessens the quality of his experience. .. that said, every kid is different. just getting them out to see and experience everything is amazing, however you accomplish it.
    "Its not the arrow, its the Indian" - M.Pinto

Check out young Kai Jones on the main TGR page or book of faces.
    I didn't believe in reincarnation when I was your age either.

Quote Originally Posted by cmcrawfo View Post
    If your kid is only 1, you may want to consider these ..... https://www.mec.ca/en/product/5044-0...SABEgKorvD_BwE

Most 1 y/o's don't have the core strength accomplish much on skis to begin with.... I put my two year old on these, as a means to get him familiar with skis in general. we basically limit it to flat ground, but he is moving around with them. so he has already exceeded my expectations for this season. between the age of 1 and 2, you can only expect a max of 20min of their attention for any given task. I like these because we can strap them on and off quick, to keep his experiences positive and centered around what he wants. If we take too much time fiddling around with gear, i find it really lessens the quality of his experience. .. that said, every kid is different. just getting them out to see and experience everything is amazing, however you accomplish it.
    Good advice here.

I'd avoid cutting skis. They make 60cm skis. Buy those. And the smallest boot you can find.

My kid started with the strap ons. We also would go up the bunny chair with them. You can't really ski them, but I'd hold him by his harness between my legs and ski down with his skis just barely touching the snow. We would stop half way down the run, off to the side, make a bench, break out the hot cocoa and treats.

I have a May baby. Even at almost 2, the smallest ski boots available were still too small. Small enough that once we lost his ski off the bunny chair, boot still connected. He accidentally wiggled his boot off.

Point being, don't expect too much at age 1. Just play in the snow. Maybe take a bunny run. The nice thing about the strap on skis is that your kiddo just wears their snow boots. Core strength aside, ski boots are heavy, and most 1 yr olds would not be able to walk in them, even if their feet fit.

For this winter, get a full suit bunting. Basically a down onesie with foot and hand pouches. My son used to like to slide around the snow like he was a seal. Just get the little one used to being outside in the cold, playing an loving the snow.

Quote Originally Posted by ~mikey b View Post
    Check out young Kai Jones on the main TGR page or book of faces.
    SUPER impressed with this kid........hope my daughters are half as good at 15 lol
    always forward but never straight

Wax on wax off

Name:  ImageUploadedByTapatalk1513124902.688577.jpg
Views: 338
Size:  401.2 KB

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

4 yr old been killing it this year. Big jump from last year. Stoked dad and kiddo.

Name:	20171209_104033.jpg 
Views:	56 
Size:	1.01 MB 
ID:	218693
    www.skevikskis.com Check em out!

I'm thinking this winter will be a good time to teach my twin boy 2 yo. I gotta find some skis/boots for them and wait till their grandparents get them nice snow gear for christmas.

Quote Originally Posted by BeardMech View Post
    I'm thinking this winter will be a good time to teach my twin boy 2 yo. I gotta find some skis/boots for them and wait till their grandparents get them nice snow gear for christmas.
    That’s when my twin girls learned. They have grown into it nicely

Snow in the North East! Got my boy out on his little home-mod set up for his first ever ski tour with me....dawn patrol on a 2 hour school delay. The whole deal went way better than I was anticipating. He's on some old pow boards cut in half and rockered and some Start-Up touring adapters. Took right off into the old ski area out back.
    "Skinning is Fun!", he says.
    Hopefully the first of many laps out back with him, and looking forward to him getting stronger and joining on some longer trips to more of my little spots.
    He's got some sweet custom skis coming for under the tree from WhiteRoom. 115cm. Stoked for winter.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20171213_151345.jpg 
Views:	53 
ID:	218816   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20171213_151406.jpg 
Views:	53 
Size:	1.11 MB 
ID:	218817   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_5319.jpg 
Views:	54 
Size:	1.67 MB 
ID:	218818