Page 7 of 110 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 ... LastLast
    nice work.

just got back from 3 days/nights of camping on the river with the little one, and she had a blast. Feeling pretty successful as a dad right now (sure to be dashed shortly ).
    "fuck off you asshat gaper shit for brains fucktard wanker." - Jesus Christ
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "everybody's got their hooks into you, fuck em....forge on motherfuckers, drag all those bitches across the goal line with you." - (not so) ill-advised strategy

The pic with the three of you's (minus the front teeth) says it all... Great stoke!

ROLL TIDE ROLL

Our little dude was so stoked for ski season a few weeks ago he set his own training area in the driveway.

It went down like this… He's hammering tent stakes into the ground. Me: "Hey dude what are you up to?" Little dude: "just setting up gates for training mommy, you want to come do them with me?" Me: "Give me a few, your sisters up from her nap and I will be right back outside" Little dude: "Okay mommy. DADDY, DADDY!! Come here and run gates with me!!"

I came out to both of them gate training, capturing it on video was in order:

‎"Powder snow skiing is not fun. It's life, fully lived, life lived in a blaze of reality." -Dolores LaChapelle

^Awesome!

My wife and I took our 22 month old daughter out on the Copper Mtn bunny hill today for the first time, with no expectations for even getting her skis strapped on. After watching other kids and skiers for a bit, she not only asked to have the skis go on, but she started walking around on her own, and wanted to go down the hill, with us holding her hands and walking beside her. She then wanted to get on the magic carpet and to go back up for more. She did 8 laps in all and smiled a ton including when I let her slide faster. Wife and I are blown away.

Quote Originally Posted by The SnowShow View Post
    My wife and I took our 22 month old daughter out on the Copper Mtn bunny hill today for the first time, with no expectations for even getting her skis strapped on. After watching other kids and skiers for a bit, she not only asked to have the skis go on, but she started walking around on her own, and wanted to go down the hill, with us holding her hands and walking beside her. She then wanted to get on the magic carpet and to go back up for more. She did 8 laps in all and smiled a ton including when I let her slide faster. Wife and I are blown away.
    fantastic!

Not an action shot ...just a shot of us having a great time doing what we love.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	me anna ski lift.jpg 
Views:	151 
Size:	56.3 KB 
ID:	148029

A little indoor training ski-school!

"She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "everybody's got their hooks into you, fuck em....forge on motherfuckers, drag all those bitches across the goal line with you." - (not so) ill-advised strategy

My son, daughter and a friend (9,11,12) took off out onto the mtn. by themselves for the first time. They said "dad, we're going to go out for a few runs, see you back at the lodge" I said "be safe, have fun, luv you guys" and off they went.... Start of a new chapter.

My 8 yr old and Monte Bianco. . .

Psyched for the Alps?

Dolomiti Apres- Ski time. . .

"Buy the Fucking Plane Tickets!"
    -- Jack Tackle

I am wondering what folks on the CO front range are finding to be the best options for taking a 3-yr old skiing for his first couple of times.

For example, I read that Winter Park is free for kids and adults pay $10 for a day to ski with them on the magic carpet and other micro-dude areas. Seems like a good deal; I'm wondering what other good options others have found. Most areas are free for under 5, but it's not too specific what the adult has to pay to be on the magic carpet or whatever.

I realize that helmets are pretty much in vogue, but are folks putting them on kids for the magic carpet or other flat kid things where everything is in slow motion and large people are not bombing down the mountain?

I apologize for my ignorance in advance; just haven't been to a ski area in a long time.

Quote Originally Posted by JoeStrummer View Post

Psyched for the Alps?

Dolomiti Apres- Ski time. . .

radness!

Quote Originally Posted by Ivana Huckalot View Post
    I am wondering what folks on the CO front range are finding to be the best options for taking a 3-yr old skiing for his first couple of times.

For example, I read that Winter Park is free for kids and adults pay $10 for a day to ski with them on the magic carpet and other micro-dude areas. Seems like a good deal; I'm wondering what other good options others have found. Most areas are free for under 5, but it's not too specific what the adult has to pay to be on the magic carpet or whatever.

I realize that helmets are pretty much in vogue, but are folks putting them on kids for the magic carpet or other flat kid things where everything is in slow motion and large people are not bombing down the mountain?

I apologize for my ignorance in advance; just haven't been to a ski area in a long time.
    I'm no expert, as my kid is also 3. We have taken her to the WP magic carpet a few times. While I suspect we're all supposed to have a lift ticket of some sort, nobody has ever checked us (she would be free and we have passes, so it's not like we were scamming). We do use her helmet, mostly just to establish good habits from the beginning (I want her to be asking for her helmet if I forget it). It's probably unnecessary, their magic carpet is well protected, but better safe than sorry. And head injuries can also come from them hitting the ground, not just from someone fast hitting them. But again, it may be overkill (but may be required by the mountain?).

We have use the helmet from day one (18 months) of skiing. He now grabs his helmet when he is ready to suit up and ski. Like Danno said, developing good habits. I also feel like the early days are all about getting used to all the gear it takes to go for a ski. It is so much fun, all I this. My guy was talking about the snow and going skiing when he got up this morning. I asked him of he had powder dreams and he said he did. Funny thing is, he has not seen powder in his ski career yet, being most of it fell in 2013.

Skiing with my daughter before her 3rd birthday

Quote Originally Posted by JoeStrummer View Post

Get that kid a haircut, strummer.

We have a lot of work to do.

my 9yo started training with the team this winter
    he's loving it so far

i don't think i'll be able to keep up after this season

this is from a few weeks ago showing our 25% of normal snowpack #yourrocksareshowing

The 5 year old is making strides on this low snow year so far...probably because all my days are skiing with him. We have some 100cms that go to his chin but he seems more comfortable riding on the 88cms even though they look so short.

And then there's his younger sister....the 2 year old.

This was taken of my oldest before Christmas, right after he turned 4. Eventually he just rode the box back to the carpet instead of me catching him.

So my father in law bought us a GoPro3 for xmas so we'd video the kids. Need to download movie maker and figure out how to run that but here is a short one of 3 year 9 month old girl catching some air at Chestnut. I'll get a longer to bottom one up if I figure this stuff out.

Name:	ImageUploadedByTGR Forums1389564964.954230.jpg 
Views:	176 
Size:	155.3 KB 
ID:	148341

Will contribute shortly
    Webisodes, Blogs, Words and Photos all right here-------->www.chasingsnowflakes.com

Name:	ImageUploadedByTGR Forums1389567253.141928.jpg 
Views:	187 
Size:	219.7 KB 
ID:	148350

Larry children, undeterred by rain-
    No Roger, No Rerun, No Rent