Page 12 of 110 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 ... LastLast
    thing #2 got his first national podium today. so stoked.

i should probably quit posting in this thread though. kids are getting pretty growed up at 19, 15,13. pretty sure they were little kids the first time I posted i this thread.

^^^^thats fkna awesome

Quote Originally Posted by skier666 View Post

First day of true light and dry pow...after this pic he found out what happens when you b-line into the powder berm off trail.
    Hopefully, he came up laughing.

great pics.

Quote Originally Posted by bern43 View Post
    I'll try and post some video later, but my 3 year old has been making really good progress. He's now at the point where he can turn and use his wedge to stop. We've gone from me skiing backwards and catching him to him following me down. But I see the power wedge creeping in. Any suggestions for how to avoid that? I've been having him make bigger turns that cut more across the hill to try and control speed, but as soon as we get on something a little steeper he just takes off.
    Stay off the steeps-- let him really explore and dominate mellowed terrain for now...
    HTML Code:
    https://youtu.be/hhVylFtE2YE

Hiked my daughters out to Estelle, at Alpine Meadows. It was the 1st trip to Estelle for my youngest.

^ Sweet video. She's showing those Jr Gotama's a good time!

Great video storm day! How old are those girls?

The stoke of being a skier parent is mind blowing. My kid is so amped to ski every single day.

He went night skiing with dad last night and charged the slalom course with the race team top to bottom (not bad for a little 5 year old). Hooked his first gate with a great wipe out. He was so stoked talking about it. He's got the fever for sure. I love it.
    ‎"Powder snow skiing is not fun. It's life, fully lived, life lived in a blaze of reality." -Dolores LaChapelle

Speaking of charging the snow berm, this is what happens after watching a MSP flick while I packed the car

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ImageUploadedByTGR Forums1396809071.502404.jpg 
Views:	175 
Size:	227.6 KB 
ID:	153836

Big day. 4K with no break. Brings out the smiles. And the "Let's go, daddy!"

Name:	ImageUploadedByTGR Forums1396809165.082094.jpg 
Views:	177 
Size:	217.9 KB 
ID:	153837

Hopefully I can get him out one more day before the lifts close. Been a great season.

Quote Originally Posted by scarlet begonias View Post
    Great video storm day! How old are those girls?
    11 and 8.

The Jr Gotama has been a great ski for them. On both their ski teams, which are freeride/all mtn teams, almost all the kids are on Jr Gotama.

Owen and his buddy Jake tied for 3rd for the season overall in the Central Series U10

I'll post some more in my Little Ripper thread

Great stoke...Congratulations!

Nice Mike. Little ripper for sure.

I'm such a stoked father!
    I got my 18 month old daughter out 3 days in a row on the magic carpet this past weekend. Here is a video of our last run of the day!
    Love and Gratitude!

I have been working on a very large project at work for the past 6 months which has been taxing on both my family and my skiing. It has gone beyond the work week and cut into many weekends with me working at home or being forced to do work travel over the weekends in order to be back in town for project meetings.

I finally realized that another winter had come and all but gone. Early on I had taken Anna up to Alta for a few "after 3:00" days; but, as winter pressed on, the month's have slipped by without any skiing. Not skiing with your kids DOES make you a terrible parent!

I was reflecting on this late one night and decided that I needed to take the next day off and not let anything stop me.

With Anna already asleep, I collected all her ski gear and clothes and laid them out nicely in the basement family room. I then tied a string around her bed post and ran it around the house in a maze ending at her gear downstairs with a note that said "Do you want to ski with me today? Mark yes or no".

She awoke the next morning to an awesome surprise. I would not be going into work. I then had her call my office to inform the secretaries. With the happiest little 7 year old voice she told them that her daddy couldn't come to work today because he was taking her skiing.

Each day can become pretty redundant and chunks of life can slip right by us if we are not careful. Days like this (calling off work and spending it with a loved one) are the moments that will remain with us forever. Sometimes we need to consciously create the moments that will stick out from the monotony of the daily grind ...even when work is so damn busy that we don't how it could be possible.

We skied at the Bird. On our second tram run, Anna veered off and headed down Primrose Path (black diamond) and slayed it with good turns. Awesome to follow your own little ripper as she chooses a decent steep all on her own and then gets after it.

There are no action shots to go with this story. The story and the idea of sometimes needing to work to create memories is the important part.

Posers on top of Hidden Peak:

Name:	ski pose 1.jpg 
Views:	158 
Size:	154.4 KB 
ID:	154773

Apres Ski action ...which can be just as important as the skiing itself. Skiing is a lifestyle:

Name:	ski pose apres.jpg 
Views:	135 
Size:	103.9 KB 
ID:	154774

I went to work the next day and sat in a 6 hour project meeting. It didn't matter to anyone in the room that I took the previous day off; but, it mattered to a 7 year old girl at home.

I hope you all get/make a chance to finish this season up right.

^^^^^ stoke!! Way to get after it, dad!

from the first real storm back on president's day
    (images by grant myrdal)

not all falls are bad

especially on a storm day

Girls had a lot of fun at Keystone early April. First time taking all three girls on a trip out west. ..and we were there with another family with 2 girls too....man I need a boy dog. Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ImageUploadedByTGR Forums1398913670.239440.jpg 
Views:	113 
Size:	175.2 KB 
ID:	154933

Name:	ImageUploadedByTGR Forums1398913772.344043.jpg 
Views:	110 
Size:	269.5 KB 
ID:	154934Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ImageUploadedByTGR Forums1398913794.264751.jpg 
Views:	104 
Size:	266.4 KB 
ID:	154935Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ImageUploadedByTGR Forums1398913811.705575.jpg 
Views:	121 
Size:	222.6 KB 
ID:	154936

^^nice^^

three girls? yikes

young Owen got a letter this week letting him know that he is the recipient of Dodge Ridge Race Team's 2013-2014 Bobby Rapp Memorial Scholarship

Bobby was the younger brother of a friend of mine who patrolled with me at DR a few years ago - Bobby was killed by a bomb in Afghanistan in 2008 - he was 22 - I never met him - the run we use for our GS race is named Bobby's Freedom Run after him - Bobby was a member of the DRRT from age 5 to 14

I'm quite proud of my little man, and we are honored to continue a fine tradition of young men skiing fast and taking chances.

Sgt. Rapp

Name:	bobby-rapp.jpg 
Views:	131 
Size:	75.2 KB 
ID:	154937

Congrats to Throwin' Owen!

And to Mom & Dad...

Congrats to Owen and the telemike family!

Last lift served turns of the season for my little one yesterday. She loved it. Can't wait for next year, when she learns how to rip.
    "fuck off you asshat gaper shit for brains fucktard wanker." - Jesus Christ
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "everybody's got their hooks into you, fuck em....forge on motherfuckers, drag all those bitches across the goal line with you." - (not so) ill-advised strategy

Logan ended up with 22 days this year. Not bad for a 2 year old. Some days were short, some were longer, but they all kicked ass. Like Danno, I can't wait til next year when he starts to actually learn how to ski, stop, shred. 1 proud daddy!
    ROLL TIDE ROLL

Name:	ImageUploadedByTGR Forums1399255789.543167.jpg 
Views:	118 
Size:	185.4 KB 
ID:	155032
    My 8yr old twin daughters skinning up to the top of the triple chair for an overnighter at Schweitzer last weekend.

Quote Originally Posted by acinpdx View Post
    father son storm day

Quote Originally Posted by uglymoney View Post
    Wall hanger.
    mrs acinpdx & the boy framed it for father's day...pretty cool gift, I thought!

Last ones of the year....

Mammoth over Memorial Day

and Fathers Day at the Patch near Kirkwood...(first 'backcountry' day, ha)