How can I become an accredited journalist?

I don't want special seating or discounts on tickets I just want to be able to use my camera and take pics of my family having fun. Should I start a blog? Maybe this post could be my blog.
    People should learn endurance; they should learn to endure the discomforts of heat and cold, hunger and thirst; they should learn to be patient when receiving abuse and scorn; for it is the practice of endurance that quenches the fire of worldly passions which is burning up their bodies.
    --Buddha

*))
    ((*
    *))
    ((*

www.skiclinics.com

Where are you wanting to bring your camera? Fenway as many stadiums policy is no sticks and as long as it doesn't stop anyone's enjoyment of the game it's all good. I have brought a gripped 7D w/70-200 f/2.8 to many sporting events.

Just curious.
    Brought to you by Carl's Jr.

Last night at a Celtics game. Really bummed out our night.

https://www.tetongravity.com/forums/s...-(12-12-12-24)

I don't even have a great camera just a T2i. Far from professorial grade, and I got through security the security guard asked if I had a lens in the lens bag I said yes he go ahead.
    People should learn endurance; they should learn to endure the discomforts of heat and cold, hunger and thirst; they should learn to be patient when receiving abuse and scorn; for it is the practice of endurance that quenches the fire of worldly passions which is burning up their bodies.
    --Buddha

*))
    ((*
    *))
    ((*

www.skiclinics.com

Quote Originally Posted by systemoverblow'd View Post
    Where are you wanting to bring your camera? Fenway as many stadiums policy is no sticks and as long as it doesn't stop anyone's enjoyment of the game it's all good. I have brought a gripped 7D w/70-200 f/2.8 to many sporting events.

Just curious.
    When do we get to see some photos here in the photo forum? I don't mean to imply anything, I'm just interested in seeing pictures. Maybe you've posted some, but I missed 'em.

There isn't really such a thing as being an accredited journalist, although some places have agencies that issue press cards that are accepted as official credentials. (For example LAPD issues a press pass that officially only gets you into LAPD stuff, but everybody else accepts it as proof that you're legit.) The magical "press pass" that sounds so cool is really just an employee ID that a newspaper issues you, and doesn't have any legal standing or anything, aside from letting people know that you're actually working and not just a random guy trying to get a better seat for free.

The way to be accredited is to work for an accredited publication. If you've got it good you have a full-time gig with a publication and a yearly hard card at the venue, if you're a freelancer like me you've gotta get the editor of whoever you're shooting for to write a letter to the venue or event and get you credentials each time.

I think you just show up in a fedora with a little post it note on the front that says 'press'. Just make sure it's off center.

Other than that, just start a pretentious wordpress blog with lots of mediocre pictures with elaborate font watermarks over the middle of everything.

What Max said. Here's what the NPPA has to say on it: http://www.nppa.org/professional_dev...edentials.html

Quote Originally Posted by kidwoo View Post

Other than that, just start a pretentious wordpress blog with lots of mediocre pictures with elaborate font watermarks over the middle of everything.
    Now don't be giving away all the tricks of the trade

Quote Originally Posted by splitter View Post
    When do we get to see some photos here in the photo forum? I don't mean to imply anything, I'm just interested in seeing pictures. Maybe you've posted some, but I missed 'em.
    What do you want to see?

mmmmmmm sammich

Quote Originally Posted by kidwoo View Post
    mmmmmmm sammich
    Fuck the sammich that bloody looks epic even if it is defying the laws of physics.

Quote Originally Posted by truth View Post
    Fuck the sammich that bloody looks epic even if it is defying the laws of physics.
    The Guinness floater usually fucks up reality anyway.

You've just become a active part of this forum. I was interested in seeing your take on photography, not just reading it.

Thanks for postin'.

Quote Originally Posted by splitter View Post
    You've just become a active part of this forum.
    It was the sammich that did it wasn't it?