Page 30 of 891 FirstFirst ... 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 ... LastLast
    Ill be working ('trolling) up there on Sunday. Pretty excited about the conditions so far and about how much fun people seem to be having. It looked pretty bleak a week ago.

I was sick over break, so I didn't get up yet this season. How is coverage on Challenger? Sounds good for early season if its even open yet. How are the gullies looking?

chally has been skiing surprisingly well. getting a tad beat up now, but there is some soft in the trees.
    "he doesn't know to behold what the cold frost can do..."

Yeah, fun times on challenger Monday Tuesday. We got our money's worth no doubt. Not like anybody else was up there:

Fun skiin with some quality mags, sorry we missed ya tenex. Baseweldr, we should finally rip some laps up at Bridger and have a beer at the Griz soon. tone capone has finally been re booted.
    "The skis just popped me up out of the snow and I went screaming down the hill on a high better than any heroin junkie." She Ra

Has there been any beta on when the tram might open up?

Possibility of some skiing up there today or tomorrow. Probably guided tours, Marx only.

Word is, difficult travel to get to the skiing, well worth it from the last snow fence to the Duckwalk.

We are starting A/C work in Headwaters today.
    I have been in this State for 30 years and I am willing to admit that I am part of the problem.

"Happiest years of my life were earning < $8.00 and hour, collecting unemployment every spring and fall, no car, no debt and no responsibilities. 1984-1990 Park City UT"

Quit my job seismic drilling today, headed up to Big Sky to celebrate!
    Climb the mountains and get their good tidings.

anybody brave marx today?

^^didn't wanna wait around, challenger laps were fun again...

Headed to Big Sky tonight. Sadly not gonna get a chance to ski this weekend (FML), but at least wanted to drop off all my skis somewhere for a wax and tune. Might have some serious ptex work to do after my last adventure. Any suggestions as to what shop I should go to in the area?

Anyone gonna be at Big Sky tomorrow?

oh yeah. all day. grey pants light green coat, fatty rockered EP pros, rasta hat. hit me up

Quote Originally Posted by Bunion View Post
    guided tours, Marx only.

Word is, difficult travel to get to the skiing, well worth it from the last snow fence to the Duckwalk.

Yup, well worth it for sure. Good times and powder were had. Hopefully it's not too long before we can get back up there again..

Challenger was awesome today, if you dodged the rocks and the people. Loved it.

Austin, Lone Mountain Sports (LMS) will fix you up right.
    I think the potato gun proved the stability.

Bozeman, MT. (Originally from Amsterdam, Netherlands)
    Skied Big Sky on thursday, friday and sunday. Lots of fun. Today (sunday) was windy as fuck. Andesite was open, swifty was for a little while. SUPER wet up there. My buddy just walked in saying it's raining up there right now.
    On thursday I had some pretty good laps up at challenger. Fun times. Wrecked my ski's pretty hard but who cares...

The bowl and challenger never opened today. After Swifty went down everyone came over to Andesite and tippy's kinda turned into a shitshow. Decent snow in the morning though but got super wet as the day went on. It was snowing when I left.

Big Sky sure reminded me of the PNW this weekend with the weather! Didn't get to ski, but glad you guys had fun either way. Heard the mountain was a bit of a zoo!

Quote Originally Posted by OverTurn View Post
    The bowl and challenger never opened today. After Swifty went down everyone came over to Andesite and tippy's kinda turned into a shitshow. Decent snow in the morning though but got super wet as the day went on. It was snowing when I left.
    Yah... Not ideal. But bad skiing is better than no skiing. Let's hope that this storm that rolled in brings the goods. Big Sky needs it.

The upside is that this warm and wet weather will continue to set up a good base. Think snow...

Sent from my Nexus 7 using TGR Forums

Quote Originally Posted by AustinFromSA View Post
    Heard the mountain was a bit of a zoo!
    Montana crowded.

Quote Originally Posted by concretejungle View Post
    Montana crowded.
    Haha. Probably. I DID hear that from a local's perspective, so I bet it was still nothing compared to anywhere else outside of Montana. I have been spoiled up here for sure. Lift lines? What's that? However, I've never been to Bridger Bowl on a weekend.

And good outlook Bobcat. I was thinking the same thing. Should make for a very solid base, indeed. Still. It was weird that I saw almost 60 degrees today (in Forsyth). In December. What's up with that? Hope we get hammered over the next few weeks! Gotta start taking the local school's ski club kids up to the mountain pretty soon. Kids are super stoked. Best chaperone gig ever!!! Definitely beats prom duty. Can't wait to start skiing again!

Today at BS was kinda weird but good. Left Bozeman at 8 am it was 50 degrees. By the time I got up to the Big Lie it was 34 and a heavy mixture of snow/rain/sleet was coming down-memories of Mt Baker.

Skiing was good-best day yet of the season for me. Cream cheese with refills due to 30 mph winds. Coverage is getting better and better-but was still glad to have the rock skis. tram ran for a while-saw a few peeps coming down the Big-did not see anyone skiing anything else-. They bombed the hell out of the bowl-did not load the triple till 10ish?? A good day for the Goretex-

Things are gonna get crusty-very wet down low. Already setting up at the end of shift.
    Cheers!

Heard that Moonlight has more snow-

sorry for the blog-but this thread has been too quiet the last couple of days

Chris

brt's north was delicious this afternoon.
    is friday passholder day at mlb?

Any body been doing any skiing through Hyalite? Haven't had a chance to make it down that way yet.
    Last edited by Gnarcal; 12-05-2012 at 06:37 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by nateski View Post
    is friday passholder day at mlb?
    Yes................................
    I have been in this State for 30 years and I am willing to admit that I am part of the problem.

"Happiest years of my life were earning < $8.00 and hour, collecting unemployment every spring and fall, no car, no debt and no responsibilities. 1984-1990 Park City UT"

sick. will iron horse be running? ie, will i be able to just ski over from bs, or will i have to shuttle it?

Moonlight looks gooooooood. A bit rugged down low, beacause of the warm temps, but the Headwaters and rest of the upper mountain have great coverage. Friday will be fun.