Page 187 of 222 FirstFirst ... 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 ... LastLast
Results 4,651 to 4,675 of 5548
    Quote Originally Posted by Swiftybish View Post
    Sure thing, I bet there were some serious hero turns being made over there yesterday. Lift chose a great time to be shut down for a week haha. How many people were over there at lift opening?
    Hmmm, seems like maybe 15-20 people sped down there right away. More showed up later, but still only 1 out of every 5 or 10 chairs were filled. Obviously more than normal when you're the only person on the whole lift practically. Lots of whooping a hollering going on.

I gave a snowboarder a quick pole-pull on the cat track getting down there, just seemed like the thing to do as I went past him, then later in the tram line some guy hands me a wooden token for a free beer at Beehive. It was the guy I pulled. I guess he's the brewer there. That was kind of funny.

Quote Originally Posted by Harry View Post
    A fucking shovel ????

GTFO.

With all the dumpage up here THIS is what you need.
    Ruh roh! That's gonna suck for me. Good for the mountain, though! Even if I can't be out there, I'm enjoying hearing the good reports.

Went down with a friend who has a bit of a sore knee.

Got to top of Headwaters just as the A-Z sign was being flipped, he bailed so to stay on the lower Headwaters area so I hiked up and skied Biffs with Taylor (BSSP), he was kind enough to give me 1st dibs and then 8ed my turns. Not powder skiing per say, but thick creamy and very good. Thanks Woody. At that time the Tram line seemed pretty manageable.

I looped back to Challenger to meet back up with said friend and we did a bunch of Headwaters laps (Cold Spring/Fire was nice) and then some Challenger laps. Lower Pinnacles was as filled in as I have ever seen it.

There were a lot of what looked to me like former BB skiers who sprung for either Tram lite gold passes or the whole enchilada, some seriously good older skiers were making their presence known.

A good day.
    Last edited by Not bunion; 01-13-2018 at 04:58 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by SkiCougar View Post
    thanks. I wasn't a racist until Obama, so I have to give him partial credit.

Glad to hear that Bridger and the Sky are getting the goods too this season. Will have to make it back over soon for some turns.

Remembered that I had an old a copy of my brother's senior project from 2002. He chose to shoot and edit a ski movie, and one of the segments was a legendary 71" day that they drove all the way from the Flathead overnight to ski. I'll just leave this here for a Saturday nugget:

Quote Originally Posted by S_jenks View Post
    Glad to hear that Bridger and the Sky are getting the goods too this season. Will have to make it back over soon for some turns.

Remembered that I had an old a copy of my brother's senior project from 2002. He chose to shoot and edit a ski movie, and one of the segments was a legendary 71" day that they drove all the way from the Flathead overnight to ski. I'll just leave this here for a Saturday nugget:

That day will go down in history. Drove to the hill for 2 days straight to see if they would open. First day was almost too deep(I know blasphemy). RIP mike.

It was too deep. Wallow fest like none other. Nobody could turn!

I remember seeing a snowboarder laying on his board on his belly, fucking swimming down the slope.

That day was crazy. I was on spatulas thinking I would be fine, wrong! Sooooo under gunned.

Nice bluebird day at bridger and less of a shitshow than yesterday. I gotta admit I almost had as much fun ripping corduroy as the heavy pow in bridger gully(which was still fun as hell).

Gotta love spring skiing in early January. I rolled into Shedhorn Yurt, got a Brat and a Cold Smoke, went out on the deck took off my helmet and promptly fell asleep in the sun. Woke up with a nice tan. I can't believe this is still early January.
    "Zee damn fat skis are ruining zee piste !" -Oscar Schevlin

"Hike up your skirt and grow a dick you fucking crybaby" -what Bunion said to Harry at the top of The Headwaters

Junuary
    bF
    Alpental Indigenous

Today's highlight: I met Whiteroom Guardian.
    "Zee damn fat skis are ruining zee piste !" -Oscar Schevlin

"Hike up your skirt and grow a dick you fucking crybaby" -what Bunion said to Harry at the top of The Headwaters

Quote Originally Posted by Harry View Post
    Today's highlight: I met Whiteroom Guardian.
    Thanks again for the skis man!

Man, the sun came out today but all great south facing seasons must come to an end...always before long enough, but this was one that will stand out in the clouded ski memories for a bit...

Oh glory be to thy Norse Goddess of hero pow storm cycles and sunshine, she who bestoweth her grace upon thee direct south facing rock pinnacles, so that we may harvest of thine finest fruit for but just a few precious days. Anything we can do to continue to appease you our Dear Lord...Glory be upon her, forever rejoice, amen.
    "The skis just popped me up out of the snow and I went screaming down the hill on a high better than any heroin junkie." She Ra

^ she likes it when I give her a little red wine and chocolate, then slowly undress her starting at the socks.

Yes, an old fashioned, romantic kind of girl she is...Sully her gifts with the unbecoming conduct of holiday crowds and beater tracks thou must not....For this will invite the wet and windy wrath of her evil twin sibling, Goddess of the Pineapple.
    "The skis just popped me up out of the snow and I went screaming down the hill on a high better than any heroin junkie." She Ra

How’s BS holding up? Haven’t been up since Thursday. Skied Red Lodge for the first time this weekend. Big contingent up there with the race but neat hill and one I have been meaning to ski for a long time.

Hey all!

I'm in your hood! Haven't posted much on here but I currently live and work out of a truck camper and am going to be skiing Wed, Thursday at Red Lodge then a buddy gets in and we'll be doing Friday through Mon at Bridger and Big Sky.

I'm pretty self sufficient so don't particularly need anything - but ripping some laps backcountry or inbounds with someone who knows the mountains would be rad - and although I am fully self sufficient I never will turn down an electricity hookup and a nice level parking spot.

Quote Originally Posted by Catfish View Post
    How’s BS holding up? Haven’t been up since Thursday. Skied Red Lodge for the first time this weekend. Big contingent up there with the race but neat hill and one I have been meaning to ski for a long time.
    It was a nice and sunny, spring like day down there today (working not skiing). The mountain is as white as I think I have ever seen it in 25 years.

It stayed cold enough above 8K that even with all the sun it should still be pretty good, south faces included as along as the sun stays out. It might be a tad unpleasant on the 1st cloudy day. Forecast IS for a bit of a Pineapple Thursday-Friday followed by cooler and drier weather next week. The LR forecast has changed every couple days so there is that.

Great skiing this weekend!

^Nice! Also, thanks for the nice skinner up there.

Nice B&Ws

Speaking of south facing, it's just mind altering and face melting what could be possible on that thing in it's prime^^^

Quote Originally Posted by Norseman View Post
    It was too deep. Wallow fest like none other. Nobody could turn!

I remember seeing a snowboarder laying on his board on his belly, fucking swimming down the slope.
    No doubt, way too deep. It was fun in a novelty kind of way, but I prefer 30" and under.

I do remember actually hitting hardpack occasionally though since the water content was so low. Classic cold smoke from the bbc.

That storm will live in infamy though and be tough to beat. RIP Mike.

Quote Originally Posted by tone capone View Post
    Speaking of south facing, it's just mind altering and face melting what could be possible on that thing in it's prime^^^
    I remember thinking that if there was ever a year to ski it would be last year, but now things are shaping up to be even fatter this season over there...