Page 231 of 891 FirstFirst ... 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 ... LastLast
Results 5,751 to 5,775 of 22253

2012 SW Montana Conditions, Stoke and Whatev Thread

Thanks man. Very interesting and enlightening.

Lurker requesting more BS/MB tales. Better than the Serial podcast.

Great read, bunion. I'm looking forward to the next installment in the series.

^ditto
    ​I am not in your hurry

Super interesting stuff Bunion. You should write a book.

Bunion, this write-up is amazing so far. Always loved moonlight for the gem that it was, and despite the screwy lift system it still had so much to give. it was sad when we skied it for the last season before their final acquisition from big sky.

Replacing ram charger before swifty was a poor move on their part (that poor old workhorse), but the 8-pack is fucking loony toons.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

Excellent history, thanks Bunion.
    "Zee damn fat skis are ruining zee piste !" -Oscar Schevlin

"Hike up your skirt and grow a dick you fucking crybaby" -what Bunion said to Harry at the top of The Headwaters

Quote Originally Posted by Not bunion View Post
    Swifty will continue to be the weak link and only way to the main mountain, at least for this season unless you ride explorer to Challenger or 6-shooter to Challenger.

Almost forgot, I would love to get together and make a few turns with the starter of this most excellent thread.

We never did get together when you were still 'trollin' on The Dark Side.

Bumer to hear about the lifts. Boggles the mind why Ramcharger gets an 8-pack and Swifty continues to be held together by bailing wire and duct tape. Big Sky, amirite?

Quote Originally Posted by GSinister View Post
    I'm interested in your Lhasa Pows, Bobcat, but I can't even send a PM anymore. I guess I should post rather then just read. PM me if you can/want to. Thanks!
    You sure you mean me? I'm selling two pairs of Renegades...

Quote Originally Posted by S_jenks View Post
    Bunion, this write-up is amazing so far. Always loved moonlight for the gem that it was, and despite the screwy lift system it still had so much to give. it was sad when we skied it for the last season before their final acquisition from big sky.

Replacing ram charger before swifty was a poor move on their part (that poor old workhorse), but the 8-pack is fucking loony toons.

Yes, this. I have fond memories of the inaugural season of Moonlight and their frequent skier card. I loved skiing all that new stuff, some of which I had only skied a handful of times when it was called Nashville Bowl, I think? Good times.

I'm hoping Bunion's story will include the mysterious fire in '05. https://www.bozemandailychronicle.co...dbe5e7602.html

I was working as a carpenter in the YC at the time and the rumors were flying.

Yeah, thanks Bunion, that's great stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by Bronco View Post
    I'm hoping Bunion's story will include the mysterious fire in '05. https://www.bozemandailychronicle.co...dbe5e7602.html

I was working as a carpenter in the YC at the time and the rumors were flying.
    Since the "restaurant" involved was the Dugout, I would put the odds of it being a grease fire at 99 percent..

"Hike up your skirt and grow a dick you fucking crybaby" -what Bunion said to Harry at the top of The Headwaters

Quote Originally Posted by Bobcat Sig View Post
    Bumer to hear about the lifts. Boggles the mind why Ramcharger gets an 8-pack and Swifty continues to be held together by bailing wire and duct tape. Big Sky, amirite?
    They're avoiding disturbing the Indian burial ground that's underneath that POS lift.

Djongo is headed to Big Sky for some R&R on the weekend of Nov 10/11. Schedule is:

Saturday, Nov 10, 4 pm, smoke session at my place.

Dinner & drinks at Scissorbills.

Back to my place for another session & watch ski movies. (If no designated driver, you Bozeman peeps are welcome to floor space. Bring a sleeping bag.)

Sunday: open for ideas. Maybe breakfast at the corral ?

PM for directions to my place.

Wish I could join u guys Harry enjoy.
    Super history info and subscribe to future write ups Thanks Bunion
    always forward but never straight

Best route from top of Challenger/HW chair to Tram?

Quote Originally Posted by Lexi-Bell View Post
    Best route from top of Challenger/HW chair to Tram?
    Upper pinnacles, three moons to powder seeker or parachute to the tram.

RTR is offline Shumanitutonka Ob' Wachi
    Quote Originally Posted by Not bunion View Post
    ...My new next door neighbor pulled me aside the other day and inquired if I might frequent this board and thread. I plead guilty as charged. Small world.....

RTR, quit lurking and say hello to your imaginary friends.
    From Not Bunion's newly-minted next-door neighbor: Hello, imaginary friends!

Looking forward to meeting y'all and sharing some turns. BS pass acquired and happily awaiting the SW Montana winter...
    Click here to increase your vocabulary.

good read bunion, more please
    www.freeridesystems.com
    ski & ride jackets made in colorado
    maggot discount code TGR20
    ok we'll come up with a solution by then makers....

Got a text from from Talisman, he will be at Djongo's party on Nov 10th.

I had the, uh, fortune to meet a woman today wearing a BBSP jacket while out hiking. Exchanged pleasantries about our idiot dogs, asked if she was on the patrol, how the ramp up to the season was going, et cetera, and was then promptly told in no uncertain terms that she wished we didn't move here and that Bozeman was better 30 years ago. Okay, lady, sure.

For what it's worth, she's the first person to give such a warm, East Coast-style welcome.

Rant aside, I'm bummed to see the nice weather go by the wayside in the near future. I'll be happy if I can squeeze in one more ride on the motorcycle before it's wet and cold.

^^it sucks when people aren't welcoming and gracious, but in her defense this town has changed a shit ton in the past 5 years alone. It is tough seeing a place you love lose the character that you love and that brought you here.

We are the fastest growing small city in America and many of us aren't stoked about that. We still should be kind and welcoming as living in a welcoming and friendly place is part of what drew us here in the first place. And we moved here too.

She was rude and that isn't cool. Please don't take it personally, as it isn't personal -- ie it isn't about you as much as it is about change. Hopefully you can also have some compassion for her.

Well said.

Quote Originally Posted by WMD View Post
    ^^it sucks when people aren't welcoming and gracious, but in her defense this town has changed a shit ton in the past 5 years alone. It is tough seeing a place you love lose the character that you love and that brought you here.

We are the fastest growing small city in America and many of us aren't stoked about that. We still should be kind and welcoming as living in a welcoming and friendly place is part of what drew us here in the first place. And we moved here too.

She was rude and that isn't cool. Please don't take it personally, as it isn't personal -- ie it isn't about you as much as it is about change. Hopefully you can also have some compassion for her.
    As crabby as she was, I totally get where she's coming from. Having spent a few years living in Boise not all that long ago, I saw rapid, unchecked, poorly-planned growth up close and personal. I certainly didn't take it personally, it was just a shock relative to my experience so far. And hey, maybe she was having a bad day - there's no doubt I've acted less than optimally toward people through no fault of their own.

For what it's worth, we bought a place and didn't build one... the new construction here makes me shudder with its resemblance to Boise.

I spent a season as a lifty in 2005/2006 (I think) thanks to Bunion offering up the opportunity on this board. What a fantastic winter. I mostly worked Lone Tree, where I had some fantastic lunch breaks.

Funny to finally hear the real story on why 6 Shooter had that bend in the lift like e after all these years.

It must be so hard for that poor woman to work somewhere that has directly contributed to and benefited from Bozeman’s growth (assuming she’s actually on BBSP)