Page 176 of 884 FirstFirst ... 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 ... LastLast
Results 4,376 to 4,400 of 22080
    Quote Originally Posted by Harry View Post
    Got on Swifty, and a guy matching this description got on too. I asked for change for a nickel, and it was Yeahman. Good times meeting up with him. Marx opened up today, I will let Yeahman tell about how one run down Marx made him spend the next hour in the ski shop.... Later on met up with a friend of Austin's and introduced Yeahman to him. A TGR success story !
    Harry, nice to ride some lifts and ski with ya. I am sure I will see you around.

Bunion, looked for you but missed you again. Some day.

Yeah they opened Marx and Gullies for the first time this season, pretty awesome deep day. But schools of sharks for sure. Usually I am good at levitating but today I got bit.

It's all good now though.

It was pretty uncrowded today but I stuck to 4 minute laps in the bowl.

Managed to eek out 11 runs in just over 45 minutes. Nice skiing and din't really want to tempt the sharks.

Time to work on the tan I guess.

Dude. 11 runs in 45 minutes? I couldn't do that mid season. Impressive.

^^^ Maybe it was 60 minutes. I am tired today and happy to sit in the home office and work on the confuser.

Quote Originally Posted by yeahman View Post

Yeah they opened Marx and Gullies for the first time this season, pretty awesome deep day. But schools of sharks for sure. Usually I am good at levitating but today I got bit.
    It's called Big Scree for a reason...
    Been there a few times myself.

If anyone has a need for, uhhh...., "organic medicine", Lone Peak Caregivers has now opened a second location in Big Sky. Open until 10pm and shares a parking lot with Milkies for your convenience.
    "Zee damn fat skis are ruining zee piste !" -Oscar Schevlin

"Hike up your skirt and grow a dick you fucking crybaby" -what Bunion said to Harry at the top of The Headwaters

Quote Originally Posted by Not bunion View Post
    ^^^ Maybe it was 60 minutes. I am tired today and happy to sit in the home office and work on the confuser.
    Still impressive. Way to get after it.

How was it up there today? Trying to decide between skiing and shoulder season elk blasting next day or three.

What is elk blasting?

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

Quote Originally Posted by Catfish View Post
    How was it up there today? Trying to decide between skiing and shoulder season elk blasting next day or three.
    I thought it was pretty decent with all the windblown snow in spots. The bowl was fun. Liberty was actually still skiing well. Did not venture over to Marx/Gullies again after rockfest yesterday. Groomers were rippin too. I left about one so I did not see what effect the sun may have had.

Never know if today carries over into tomorrow on that mountain though. But today I had a lot of fun.

Quote Originally Posted by Betelgeuse View Post
    What is elk blasting?

In Montana we hunt elk with dynamite. Saves a lot of work butchering the meat.

Quote Originally Posted by yeahman View Post
    In Montana we hunt elk with dynamite. Saves a lot of work butchering the meat.
    Pre-cooked?

Bridger will be um, a little variable tomorrow.
    "The skis just popped me up out of the snow and I went screaming down the hill on a high better than any heroin junkie." She Ra

^^^ Yeah, Lone Mountain was trending that direction today. The bowl was wind buffed and carvy in some areas and reverse ski tracks and FIRM in others.

Patrol dropped the rope on Elk Park Meadows, the turns looked good. Our group made our way over to Iron Horse and hit Snakbite for between the tracks powder skiing. Challenger blew down and the gullies and the peak were getting hammered with wind.

I have to give props to the patrol for thinking outside the box and opening up a bunch of stuff that would have otherwise sat closed and blew away.

Rumor is all of Headwaters tomorrow.

Anyone going to be at Bridger on today? Red pants, black jacket, black helmet and Grizzlycorns. Mini tour for beer?

Quote Originally Posted by tone capone View Post
    Bridger will be um, a little variable tomorrow.
    Didn't look half bad in their daily video from Friday.

There's some good spots, and some not so good spots on the hill, so yeah not half bad I guess....I miss this November though, holy shit.
    "The skis just popped me up out of the snow and I went screaming down the hill on a high better than any heroin junkie." She Ra

Didn't make it out there but D route was supposed to have been soft.

It is skiing,, the weather was nice and the people seemed to be enjoying themselves. High Pressure, go away!

2012 SW Montana Conditions, Stoke and Whatev Thread

Skied Bridger with kids so didn't explore much but I was shocked at how little snow there is down low on the mountain. Better than last year at this time but pretty sparse. Hoping the high pressure RRR breaks down and we got some snow this week!
    Last edited by WMD; 12-10-2017 at 10:26 PM.

Pattern looking better next week hopefully

Real warm today in the afternoon. I just had a single polypro top under my shell, saw lots of people skiing in t-shirts and one jibber in the terrain park just had bibs and no shirt. Working on a farmers tan in mid-December. Meeting local mag AustinFromSA for burger & beer at Scissorbills.

"Hike up your skirt and grow a dick you fucking crybaby" -what Bunion said to Harry at the top of The Headwaters

Dumping in progress.

Snowing in Bozeman. 1-2" so far. Roads turned to absolute shit about 14:30.

Like driving in the east, wet snow on above freezing pavement turns to slush then ice.

Lots of crashes.

Anybody hitting Bridger tomorrow morning? I’ll hopefully be passing through and I’d like to ski!

I'd love to but instead I'm getting a colonoscopy!