Page 362 of 891 FirstFirst ... 357 358 359 360 361 362 363 364 365 366 367 ... LastLast
Results 9,026 to 9,050 of 22270
    Hope I didn't come across snobby in that lost post, that pic definitely looks gaper-ish but all I should have said both those dudes actually know what they are doing in that moment in time....more than any of us here, ha! BS makes the best look like gapers I guess. And when you ski, you ski scared and cautious most days. Weird place.

BBowl today was surprisingly good. Low angle stuff over at Alpine was a hoot and made for a few fun laps. Anything off Bridger was a bit more bony, particularly over into High T. It was fun to finally get some steep-ish skiing in, though.

Rode the lift and commiserated with a patroller who's another believer in metal Look binders and a true connoisseur: he was sporting a pair of lime green 3D toes paired with modern Pivot 18 heel pieces. He agreed that in 10,000 years someone will find a pile of those things perfectly intact with few other remnants of human civilization. I'm okay with my garage being a future archaeological site.

Hi I'm swimmy.

Live in Bozeman so this thread will probably be my home for a bit.

Quote Originally Posted by SUPERIOR View Post
    It’s sad to see that options are so limited at this resort for the general public to sit down and relax.
    You observation is correct comparing BS with most other resorts that have dedicated day lodges. BS has the mountain mall which is kind of like a traditional base lodge with 95% of the space designated to stores, cafeteria, restaurants and a tiny area for booting up and eating food brought to the mountain. This year is a worse situation as the mountain mall is closed for renovations. The lack of facilities for day skiers may be why there are ~70 smoke shacks dotted around the woods for relaxing and other activities.

I will have to investigate the shack life ...

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

Quote Originally Posted by I Skied Bandini Mountain View Post
    I have to go to Helena for a meeting. Is there anything more useless than Friday meetings?
    Triple black diamond ratings?

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by swimmy View Post
    Hi I'm swimmy.

Live in Bozeman so this thread will probably be my home for a bit.
    Welcome to the cult

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Gnar_Shralp406 View Post
    Welcome to the cult
    Yeah buddy.

My current partners are weekend warriors but my schedule is a bit more flexible. So thinking this might be a good place to meet some new folks.

Between passes at BS, Bridger, and touring I try to get out as much as possible. Oh and last year I sold my soul and bought a sled.

I have some goods to post but assume I have to be a member for a bit before I can link urls.

2012 SW Montana Conditions, Stoke and Whatev Thread

Well before I get called out I have to extend my gratitude to Harry and a couple of other generous bystanders for helping bump start my car this afternoon after I got stranded.

Been having an intermittent issue with the clutch position sensor and keep blowing fuses. Thought the problem was fixed but I guess not.

Thanks Harry! Owe you a beer!

Last edited by regct; 12-14-2019 at 04:18 PM.

2012 SW Montana Conditions, Stoke and Whatev Thread

^^ I was in my office watching the parking lot shitshow, when I see regct’s high dollar sportscar being pushed across the lot by a bunch of Mexican day laborers. I mostly went out to give regct shit to his face. I might have pushed a little bit, but those amigos were pushing a lot harder than me.

Those are the guys you owe beers to.

Anyway, I drink White Claw.

Last edited by Harry; 12-14-2019 at 05:34 PM.
    "Zee damn fat skis are ruining zee piste !" -Oscar Schevlin

"Hike up your skirt and grow a dick you fucking crybaby" -what Bunion said to Harry at the top of The Headwaters

that

is a wonderful story
    I didn't believe in reincarnation when I was your age either.

TIL Harry is a millennial.

Quote Originally Posted by Harry View Post
    ^^ I was in my office watching the parking lot shitshow, when I see regct’s high dollar sportscar being pushed across the lot by a bunch of Mexican day laborers. I mostly went out to give regct shit to his face. I might have pushed a little bit, but those amigos were pushing a lot harder than me.

Those are the guys you owe beers to.

Anyway, I drink White Claw.

mostly true. I was trying to ask that day laborer for help, he didn’t speak English and I think he thought I was trying to rob him.

Also it’s just a shitty blurple colored Ford that doesn’t start

On a genuine ol' fashioned authentic steam powered aereoplane

Some decent snow to be found at GD this morning.

3 on top of 2

I wish I'd taken a picture of this but that might have been cruel. Out on High T today at the top-ish of Phone Booth/Must Turn Left/your name of choice and across the gully from me was a kid maybe in his early 20s who shouted over to me.

"Is this skiable?" This was my first big, bright red flag waving gently in the breeze. If you have to ask, it's not.
    "Yeah, but I skied it yesterday and it wasn't good"
    "Do you think I could slide down it on my butt?" A second red flag is raised.
    "That's a terrible idea, don't do that"
    "My friend climbed down the cliff but I don't want to" Three flags and you're out. Am I going watch a child earn a Darwin award?
    "That's an even worse idea, don't do that either. Why don't you traverse back out toward me?"

After some more back and forth, little dudebro couldn't be convinced to keep his skis on and proceeded to start the traverse back out while carrying his skis under one arm. I have no idea how he even wound up there considering the exposure he had to cross just to get there. Near as I can tell, though, he's not dead and when I skied out, his friend was out on the apron, also not dead.

Quote Originally Posted by idahospud View Post
    Near as I can tell, though, he's not dead and when I skied out, his friend was out on the apron, also not dead.
    Thanks for sharing the story and advising the young adventurer on a safer move. Wolverines need to eat too.

After some more back and forth, little dudebro couldn't be convinced to keep his skis on and proceeded to start the traverse back out while carrying his skis under one arm.
    So far this season I have seen more people get in over their heads at Bridger than ever before. Last week I saw three dudes trying to climb out of the Diagonals, then others climbing out of Mundy's (granted where they were is skiable just very thin) and yesterday some kids missed the traverse below Caravan and were trying to climb back up to it.
    Last edited by total_immortal; 12-16-2019 at 11:04 AM.

I think people are forgetting that shit isn’t filled in yet. I was trying to traverse out high to mundys south yesterday and and came to a large section scraped down to rock. I scooted down and waived our friends to not follow. I dropped down and could hear from below some people that followed me were were pretty gripped.

Quote Originally Posted by East2West View Post
    I think people are forgetting that shit isn’t filled in yet. I was trying to traverse out high to mundys south yesterday and and came to a large section scraped down to rock. I scooted down and waived our friends to not follow. I dropped down and could hear from below some people that followed me were were pretty gripped.
    Yeah that traverse is a little heinous now. Opening weekend it was thin but doable, yesterday it was about as bad as I have ever seen it, although worth it because Mundy's south was skiing pretty good.

Quote Originally Posted by yeahman View Post
    Some decent snow to be found at GD this morning.

That looks pretty darn tasty.

Quote Originally Posted by East2West View Post
    I think people are forgetting that shit isn’t filled in yet.
    I'd bet that's the case for a lot of the bad decisions being made but the kid I encountered must've just had blinders in order to get to where he was without realizing the pitch and consequence of everything around him.

I wonder how many fewer poor choices take place from Ridge-accessed terrain vs. High T or Schlashman's. Lift access and minimal hiking probably lets people reach areas they have no business being in.

Channeling the late wise Tone Capone to say... don't traverse into Mundy's, ya lazy fucks. Ski it from the top and don't scrape off all the snow all season long.

I wonder how many fewer poor choices take place from Ridge-accessed terrain vs. High T or Schlashman's. Lift access and minimal hiking probably lets people reach areas they have no business being in.
    Years ago when they first opened up slushman's I got cliffed out skier left of the Ravine. I believe they call it The Trap Door.

It was right after a storm and I got lured into the untracked, thigh deep turns. My gut sank the moment I realized why there were no tracks and it turned into one of the most terrifying experiences I've had at Bridger. I ended up jumping off to the side and fortunately made it w/o injury.

I'm a decent skier but that is way above my paygrade. God I love that mtn.