Page 417 of 891 FirstFirst ... 412 413 414 415 416 417 418 419 420 421 422 ... LastLast
Results 10,401 to 10,425 of 22262
    ^^^ Not to be a downer but unless you sell your place in MN for a veritable fortune the Bozone is not a cheap place.
    I have been in this State for 30 years and I am willing to admit that I am part of the problem.

"Happiest years of my life were earning < $8.00 and hour, collecting unemployment every spring and fall, no car, no debt and no responsibilities. 1984-1990 Park City UT"

On a genuine ol' fashioned authentic steam powered aereoplane
    Quote Originally Posted by minnesnowda View Post
    Hey all,

Ski/mountain lover from the flat tundra of Minnesota, looking for advice on where to move in Montana. Good friend got me into back country skiing in B.C. the past four years, but the one week per winter isn't cutting it anymore. Looking to move to Montana with my wife and two kids, and looking for advice. Needs to be in an area with a descent school and within distance to a resort (for the fam) and access to good back country for myself. We've looked at Missoula, Bozeman, and Whitefish...but been hard to find any good advice. Any recommendations on resources or folks to talk to would be greatly appreciated.

Just completed AIARE Level 1 in Colorado, and the instructor suggested I check out TGR forums to learn more about MT (since he didn't know)...but if there is a better place to learn more, please let me know.

Thanks!
    Tried to send you a private message, but the system won't let me because you are new I think. Send me a PM or email/call me. I'm Mike S in the link in my signature.

Grocery stores in the Bozone were a madhouse. All I wanted was a few things to make a nice meatloaf.

All the Pasta, gone, most of the sauces, gone. It was like the Monday before Thanksgiving.

Went to the Cats Paw to grab a handle of Vodka, clerk said I was one of the few buying a single bottle.

4" rule in effect for tomorrow, if the snow continues I will go skiing, that pastime could end at any day.
    I have been in this State for 30 years and I am willing to admit that I am part of the problem.

"Happiest years of my life were earning < $8.00 and hour, collecting unemployment every spring and fall, no car, no debt and no responsibilities. 1984-1990 Park City UT"

the latest emails from BS sure sound like they're about to pull the plug any day.

If BS and Bridger close, I will form a rogue coalition of antivirus ski touring avengers. Who will join me!

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

Quote Originally Posted by minnesnowda View Post
    Hey all,

Ski/mountain lover from the flat tundra of Minnesota, looking for advice on where to move in Montana. Good friend got me into back country skiing in B.C. the past four years, but the one week per winter isn't cutting it anymore. Looking to move to Montana with my wife and two kids, and looking for advice. Needs to be in an area with a descent school and within distance to a resort (for the fam) and access to good back country for myself. We've looked at Missoula, Bozeman, and Whitefish...but been hard to find any good advice. Any recommendations on resources or folks to talk to would be greatly appreciated.

Just completed AIARE Level 1 in Colorado, and the instructor suggested I check out TGR forums to learn more about MT (since he didn't know)...but if there is a better place to learn more, please let me know.

Thanks!
    Zero chance Missoula is going to do it for you. Moving to Missoula for skiing is decidedly stupid.

Quote Originally Posted by Bunion 2020 View Post
    Grocery stores in the Bozone were a madhouse. All I wanted was a few things to make a nice meatloaf.

All the Pasta, gone, most of the sauces, gone. It was like the Monday before Thanksgiving.

Went to the Cats Paw to grab a handle of Vodka, clerk said I was one of the few buying a single bottle.

4" rule in effect for tomorrow, if the snow continues I will go skiing, that pastime could end at any day.
    It's fascinating to see what's been picked over and what hasn't.

Cat's Paw parking lot was pretty full this morning around 8. Not that that's too unusual, but it looked busier than a typical Saturday AM.

Quote Originally Posted by SUPERIOR View Post
    If BS and Bridger close, I will form a rogue coalition of antivirus ski touring avengers. Who will join me!
    I'm in!

I have my touring set up mostly here at home.

I plan to bring home the remaining parts tomorrow.

Quote Originally Posted by Bunion 2020 View Post
    Grocery stores in the Bozone were a madhouse.

I went shopping in Bozeman on Thursday and as entered the store a woman was leaving with a cart stacked with toilet paper, paper towels and some food. She excitedly tells me "they have toilet paper!" I had no idea stockpiling had hit this area and toilet paper should be hoarded.

Your rule may already be met depending on where the measurement is taken. My driveway is about 1/2 inch short and snowing lightly now. The skimo competitors have tough visibility between the snow squalls and fog patches. The mountain is skiing well particularly any out of the way line that have been shaded the past few days.

I’ll bring snacks!

Sounds like it's all over but the crying.

Word is that for now the really big is open tomorrow.

What in the actual fuck is going on here. The idea of not spinning the lifts is ridiculous. Close the cafeterias and the public meeting spaces keep the lifts open and encourage everyone to ride with their friends widely spaced! I’m absolutely fucking over this shit. Talk about fucking over the locals.

What in the actual fuck is going on here. The idea of not spinning the lifts is ridiculous. Close the cafeterias and the public meeting spaces keep the lifts open and encourage everyone to ride with their friends widely spaced! I’m absolutely fucking over this shit. Talk about fucking over the locals.
    But then they don't make any money, because it will be mostly season pass holders, and they won't buy shit. By the way, Bridger was very nice today, and almost nobody there, no waiting on Schlasman's all day.

BS was kind of eerily empty today. I waited one bucket to get on the tram at 1130. Almost like tram island. Skiing was actually pretty good. One last hurrah tomorrow would be nice.

Sure am glad I got in those final 10 tram laps last week...got a feeling that's going to be it for me. Canceled all my remaining BS reservations. They are offering full refund or house account.

Great Divide was cold af today, I don't think it ever got above 0, but deep in spots, windfuck elsewhere. Still dumping in Helena so hoping for better tomorrow. St. Patty's day party on the deck...unless they cancel it.

I'm tired of sitting on the sidelines w/ a sore fucking heel

I'll be up at BS tomorrow.

Quote Originally Posted by swimmy View Post
    I'm tired of sitting on the sidelines w/ a sore fucking heel

I'll be up at BS tomorrow.
    Do it. If the forecast holds I'll be getting in swifty line at 830ish. Eye melting bright yellow Freeride Systems shell with black avy vest and stained glass topsheet Praxis. Ask for change!

Encouraging hordes of suddenly-remote-working skiers from areas with significant outbreaks (e.g. Boston and Seattle, or apparently Italy if you've got enough cash) also fucks the locals, especially those who are financially compelled to show up at work and expose themselves to customers' germs and who either have higher risk factors themselves or in their households. If you could get the customers to observe the social distancing guidelines (six feet minimum space, in particular), it would be one thing, but if Yellowstone can't get them to stop approaching bison, that seems like one hell of a challenge.

Sent from my SM-G892A using TGR Forums mobile app

And the employees? They should just suck it up and report to locker rooms that I can guarantee you do not offer much in the way of separation.

One of my jobs literally involves emptying peoples trash cans in their bathrooms. If I didn't already have it I am getting it and there is not much I can do about it.

Quote Originally Posted by yeahman View Post
    Sure am glad I got in those final 10 tram laps last week...got a feeling that's going to be it for me. Canceled all my remaining BS reservations. They are offering full refund or house account.

Great Divide was cold af today, I don't think it ever got above 0, but deep in spots, windfuck elsewhere. Still dumping in Helena so hoping for better tomorrow. St. Patty's day party on the deck...unless they cancel it.
    Some buddies and I took a day trip out to mount cheese fry today. Brutally cold but great turns in the big open and wild west.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

I'm thinking BS is closed Monday with BB not far behind.

Quote Originally Posted by Gnar_Shralp406 View Post
    Some buddies and I took a day trip out to mount cheese fry today. Brutally cold but great turns in the big open and wild west.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk
    Right on, glad you visited, definitely some good turns to be had today. I think my phone was kind of frozen.

Quote Originally Posted by I Skied Bandini Mountain View Post
    I'm thinking BS is closed Monday with BB not far behind.
    This.