Page 435 of 884 FirstFirst ... 430 431 432 433 434 435 436 437 438 439 440 ... LastLast
Results 10,851 to 10,875 of 22080
    Filthy dog, bike, and bass stoke! This thread continues to deliver.

Is Leverich dry all around now?

Is that one of those singing bass. Love those things.
    I have been in this State for 30 years and I am willing to admit that I am part of the problem.

"Happiest years of my life were earning < $8.00 and hour, collecting unemployment every spring and fall, no car, no debt and no responsibilities. 1984-1990 Park City UT"

Quote Originally Posted by Bunion 2020 View Post
    Is that one of those singing bass. Love those things.
    I can't tell from the picture but if it's battery-powered, I like it even more.

Leverich is good to go, only 2 40 ft long mud spots on the way down. Get it before it gets rutted mid summer! Corbly and felix r good, seems like Truman is still kinda muddy.
    Not the singing bass, alas.

Anyone see that slide from the club?

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
    Fall Line Will Set You Free

Dont worry, let's go heli skiing in the crazies!

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
    Fall Line Will Set You Free

Who all saw the skier drop into BRT last night by headlamp ?

Word started spreading in the late afternoon that (name redacted, Bunion knows him) was going to do something rad at 9:30 pm somewhere on the mountain. Box office seats on my deck, but the parking lot at MiCol’s condo was prime viewing too.

Sure enough at exactly 9:30 pm a small light appeared at the top of BRT. A couple of small check turns, and then he opened it up with huge GS turns the rest of the way. I could hear clapping and cheering all throughout the Mountain Village.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    "Zee damn fat skis are ruining zee piste !" -Oscar Schevlin

"Hike up your skirt and grow a dick you fucking crybaby" -what Bunion said to Harry at the top of The Headwaters

Good skiing on blackmore today. 8-10" up high, decently bonded to to crust underneath

BRT?

What a piker. Should have sent the Shutz/Cornfed line under the tram.
    I have been in this State for 30 years and I am willing to admit that I am part of the problem.

"Happiest years of my life were earning < $8.00 and hour, collecting unemployment every spring and fall, no car, no debt and no responsibilities. 1984-1990 Park City UT"

On a genuine ol' fashioned authentic steam powered aereoplane
    If Big Sky Resort uses the "social distancing" system in use by every hip bozeman brewery and restaurant right now that means 110% capacity at every restaurant next season.

Is there anywhere in the area to get a legit antibody test yet? Quest supposedly has the best one, but would have to drive over to Billings I think.

Quote Originally Posted by Ted26 View Post
    Good skiing on blackmore today. 8-10" up high, decently bonded to to crust underneath
    Maybe 12” (or more) up high there this morning. Was still snow hard up high around 10am

Blackmore skiing was phenomenal today, I was measuring 40-50 cm of soft stuff near the ridge line. Stability seemed pretty good until a couple dudes going for the summit triggered a pretty big slab right down the center of the SE face. Thankfully no one was caught.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_2342.jpg 
Views:	112 
Size:	69.3 KB 
ID:	329548

Name:	IMG_2341.jpg 
Views:	98 
Size:	68.6 KB 
ID:	329549

2012 SW Montana Conditions, Stoke and Whatev Thread

Hey, it seems like a bunch of Interwebz ski maggots were on Blackmore today! My first time, thanks to the Nests.

Name:	IMG_4538.jpg 
Views:	97 
Size:	768.5 KB 
ID:	329561

Name:	IMG_4544.jpg 
Views:	112 
Size:	883.2 KB 
ID:	329562

Name:	IMG_4545.jpg 
Views:	102 
Size:	1.34 MB 
ID:	329566

Rumor (unconfirmed) that a bicyclist was mauled by a grizzly here in Big Sky today. I don’t have any details.

"Hike up your skirt and grow a dick you fucking crybaby" -what Bunion said to Harry at the top of The Headwaters

Heard from a 2nd person that it happened on the Fish Camp MTB Trail in Spanish Peaks.
    Last edited by Harry; 05-25-2020 at 08:46 PM.

On a genuine ol' fashioned authentic steam powered aereoplane

Quote Originally Posted by Whiteroom_Guardian View Post
    If you choose to bike in griz country, you accept what comes with that. Don’t be an asshole with a handgun. Stay home if you can’t handle it.

I for one, wish more mountain bikers carried big ass guns. Better than rednecks with power stroke diesels and PTSD.

Quote Originally Posted by muted View Post
    If you choose to bike in griz country, you accept what comes with that. Don’t be an asshole with a handgun. Stay home if you can’t handle it.
    This.

That trail is in the middle of a rapidly developing upscale area and smack in the middle of Bear habitat. Basically the Bears living room except that we are moving in.

Its a mix of thick timber and some open meadows and if you are going downhill its a fast ride. Easy to surprise a bear.

Yet another reason to make noise, especially while traveling DH.

A handgun would have been useless.

RTR is offline Shumanitutonka Ob' Wachi
    Quote Originally Posted by Bunion 2020 View Post
    This.

That trail is in the middle of a rapidly developing upscale area and smack in the middle of Bear habitat. Basically the Bears living room except that we are moving in.

Its a mix of thick timber and some open meadows and if you are going downhill its a fast ride. Easy to surprise a bear.

Yet another reason to make noise, especially while traveling DH.

A handgun would have been useless.
    I guess that makes sense, given the context. But just to be clear: Is the assumption here that if someone carries a gun in bear country, they're an asshole? Or does this only apply to mountain bikers that carry guns?

That said, I surmise that a person that takes exception to someone mountain biking with a gun can be supportive of someone having bear spray on-hand with their mountain bike. A buddy in Missoula voile-straps a can of bear spray to his mountain bike frame. I've been meaning to rig something like that up. I've never wanted to carry a gun while mountain biking because of the jolts and bumps and the fact that both hands are usually on the handlebars--a pretty vulnerable place to be in the event of an attack, especially a surprise attack.

But as an archery hunter, I carry both and I am practiced in both the bear spray and the handgun. And when hunting, I'm more aware of my surroundings than when I'm on a bike. Or maybe I'm just an asshole.
    Click here to increase your vocabulary.

That trail has always spooked me out for some reason. Hopefully the rider walks away with nothing more than scars and a story to tell.

Open up.

Quote Originally Posted by RTR View Post
    A buddy in Missoula voile-straps a can of bear spray to his mountain bike frame.
    There are a couple different options available that might work better than voile straps, and be much easier to grab fast. One is a small cage that fits a bear spray bottle (available on eBay), and one is meant to adapt the bottle to your standard size water bottle cage if you have one (sold on Amazon).

Name:  s-l500.jpg
Views: 668
Size:  36.1 KB

Name:	81eBRcsyeQL._AC_SL1500_.jpg 
Views:	80 
Size:	150.0 KB 
ID:	329779

I'm going to want spray or a gun on my person in the probable event of being removed or dismounting in an unexpected manner.

Quote Originally Posted by I Skied Bandini Mountain View Post
    I'm going to want spray or a gun on my person in the probable event of being removed or dismounting in an unexpected manner.
    That's a good point, but there aren't any great options for keeping it on yourself and readily accessible and still comfortable for riding IMO. I keep it tucked into the mesh side pouch of my pack, but that's not a perfect solution either because it's a backward reach to get it, and if I did wipe out and/or crash into a bear, it might fall out of that pocket. Holstering it on the pack belt isn't really that comfortable and jostles around too much. So any solution involves compromise. But if anybody has a good hack I'd like to hear it.