Page 477 of 891 FirstFirst ... 472 473 474 475 476 477 478 479 480 481 482 ... LastLast
Results 11,901 to 11,925 of 22262
    Quote Originally Posted by muted View Post
    You guys are lucky to have two resorts nearby that ski very differently.
    It is easy to forget that there people sitting in traffic to ski some ice/slush at Jack Frost, Wachusett or Little Switzerland.

I was one of those people, streaking out of Indy to ski Nashville Alp (RIP) early in the morning on those rare occasions when cold and wet collided and we got us some Power skiing. Usually on top of rocks, dirt and sticks, I think the vertical was about 240'

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	1445659540.jpg 
Views:	89 
Size:	808.3 KB 
ID:	341831

Fuck yeah I moved. That sidecountry on the trail map looks gnarly though. Should have expanded to there, 3400' of potential vertical, 2400 acres of steep glades and 420" annually.

RE: the eternal BS VS BB battle is fought by people who just don't know any better.

Here is the deal. A lot of the hardcore BB skiers will happily ski BS when BB hasn't opened yet or has closed already.

Not many hard core BS Skiers will spend a day at BB. They are poorer for that decision.
    I have been in this State for 30 years and I am willing to admit that I am part of the problem.

"Happiest years of my life were earning < $8.00 and hour, collecting unemployment every spring and fall, no car, no debt and no responsibilities. 1984-1990 Park City UT"

tram jockies are kooks-
    -change my mind

Quote Originally Posted by idahospud View Post
    Bitching incessantly about local ski areas is a time-honored tradition.

Refusing to ski at one because you ski at the other is idiotic.
    Who says I refuse to ski there numbnuts?

Owning a pass at another =/= not skiing there several times a season.

bunion- Billy Kids Freeway lolz, and that ridge beyond the hill looks pretty fun

Quote Originally Posted by Talisman View Post
    It is easy to forget that there people sitting in traffic to ski some ice/slush at Jack Frost, Wachusett or Little Switzerland.
    I used to always ski at wachusett and nashoba. I should go back and see how it holds up.

Quote Originally Posted by Bunion 2020 View Post

RE: the eternal BS VS BB battle is fought by people who just don't know any better.

Here is the deal. A lot of the hardcore BB skiers will happily ski BS when BB hasn't opened yet or has closed already.

Not many hard core BS Skiers will spend a day at BB. They are poorer for that decision.
    FKNA! Eleventybillion percent accurate.

And there you have it folks...BB Operating Plan

https://bridgerbowl.com/pdfs/covid/w...Iy7pQcCho3aC_8

We plan to open with a reservation system in place for all ticket and season pass holders. Bridger will specify each group a percentage portion of the daily reservations available based on past indices. This number can and will vary depending on the day, week, month and be subject to re-distribution at any time.
    WTF does this even mean? I have a feeling this season will be an utter cluster fuck...

Quote Originally Posted by total_immortal View Post
    WTF does this even mean? I have a feeling this season will be an utter cluster fuck...
    It means they don’t have a clue yet but felt pressure to get something out.

Our opening could be on or before December 4, 2020 or later if the snow gods continue the 2020 train wreck.
    Appreciated that little gem of a line.

So an RFID system it is. Not sure how they are going to spread out lines at the Bridger Lift given how little space there currently is, but at least they’ve given some kind of press release finally.

Seems like they've got a plan but are leaving the door open to adapt as demand and circumstances require.

I'm glad somebody else had that thought. In the quiet words of David Byrne: you're talking a lot, but you're not saying anything.

Quote Originally Posted by S_jenks View Post
    Appreciated that little gem of a line.
    Had the same thought. Why not just say "we'll open when conditions allow"? Who the hell put this together?

Quote Originally Posted by East2West View Post
    And there you have it folks...BB Operating Plan

https://bridgerbowl.com/pdfs/covid/w...Iy7pQcCho3aC_8

That is just a 1st draft.
    I have been in this State for 30 years and I am willing to admit that I am part of the problem.

"Happiest years of my life were earning < $8.00 and hour, collecting unemployment every spring and fall, no car, no debt and no responsibilities. 1984-1990 Park City UT"

Quote Originally Posted by Bunion 2020 View Post
    That is just a 1st draft.
    They shouldn’t have released it then.

I'm willing to give BB a shit load of slack. They've developed and operated a premier non-profit, community oriented ski area with not that many people working for not that much money.

Now they have to figure out a new way to run things in a ridiculously short amount of time. And when no one anywhere really knows what the world is going to look like in a few months.

Ski when you can and where you can and call it good.

Where full grown men pretend to be cowboys
    Quote Originally Posted by Lomax View Post
    tram jockies are kooks-
    -change my mind
    Calling that thing a tram is like referring to a moped as a motorcycle. Change my mind.

Sounds like a way to have dynamic percentages of user groups on the hill depending on each day's historic ticket sales. On holidays/peak ticket sale days they might allow less season pass holders through the reservation system than they would on a "normal" day? 100% speculation here.

Should probably go back to separate threads honestly

Actually I think if you consider yourself a skier and you don't ski both you're kinda f'n blowing it. Flame away hosers

To me the BB plan sounded a hell of a lot better than the generic stuff I've read from other ski areas. They're admitting that this season is going to be difficult, the skiing experience is not going to be normal, and they're going to need to adapt to ever changing circumstances.

Some of the other "plans" I've read sound far too bright and positive, which makes them sound like a press release with no substance behind them.

Quote Originally Posted by Hodgge View Post
    To me the BB plan sounded a hell of a lot better than the generic stuff I've read from other ski areas. They're admitting that this season is going to be difficult, the skiing experience is not going to be normal, and they're going to need to adapt to ever changing circumstances.

Some of the other "plans" I've read sound far too bright and positive, which makes them sound like a press release with no substance behind them.
    When the entire thing can be summarized as

“Hey guys, we know everyone has been waiting for an update. Here’s what we have at the moment:

1. We plan to open
    2. There will be a reservation system. We don’t have details yet.
    3. No lockers this year.
    4. Please follow current CDC guidelines.
    5. Don’t show up if you don’t have a reservation.
    6. There will be snow sports school in some capacity. We don’t have details yet.”

I’d say that’s pretty generic.

Look, I fukin love the place, but direct and to the point is better than pages of fluff IMO. They’ve had my pass money since they opened up sales and I don’t think there are any stipulations they would enact that would push me to ask for a refund.

When the entire thing can be summarized as

“Hey guys, we know everyone has been waiting for an update. Here’s what we have at the moment:

1. We plan to open
    2. There will be a reservation system. We don’t have details yet.
    3. No lockers this year.
    4. Please follow current CDC guidelines.
    5. Don’t show up if you don’t have a reservation.
    6. There will be snow sports school in some capacity. We don’t have details yet.”

I’d say that’s pretty generic.

Look, I fukin love the place, but direct and to the point is better than pages of fluff IMO. They’ve had my pass money since they opened up sales and I don’t think there are any stipulations they would enact that would push me to ask for a refund.
    What do you suggest? They call Miss Cleo and ask her what the future holds 2+ months from now?

2012 SW Montana Conditions, Stoke and Whatev Thread

You actually quoted it. “Direct and to the point.” What did that 3 pages of BS give us over what I wrote?

Edit: Did I say they had to have full details by now?

Kind of....

Quote Originally Posted by CallMeAl View Post
    Calling that thing a tram is like referring to a moped as a motorcycle. Change my mind.
    Why, you seem to have it already made up. By definition the Lone Peak Tram is a Jig Back Tram. If it were to continue around the bull wheel assembly at the top and on back down it would be a Gondola. It doesn't.

Why not? It answers a lot of questions and where they don't have things figured out they say so. People want to be able to make a decision. BB is still allowing for full refunds if you don't like what they develop.