Page 229 of 891 FirstFirst ... 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 ... LastLast
Results 5,701 to 5,725 of 22270
    Quote Originally Posted by CallMeAl View Post
    If you ski Bridger for long enough, Big Sky will give you free tickets and put a photo of you on the back of their new lift. Attachment 251141 (not me)
    that looks like one of them bubble chairs
    www.freeridesystems.com
    ski & ride jackets made in colorado
    maggot discount code TGR20
    ok we'll come up with a solution by then makers....

BB pass = $______?
    BS pass =$______?
    www.freeridesystems.com
    ski & ride jackets made in colorado
    maggot discount code TGR20
    ok we'll come up with a solution by then makers....

Thanks, bunion. Agreed about the imagined cool factor with bitching about the local hill. Yeah, crowds suck, but they're also what keep the lifts spinning.

WMD- does Schlasman's pretty much cut out the need for too big of a hike on that end of the mountain? I did a ridge hike a few weeks ago and was pretty impressed by the terrain off of the ridge.

Where full grown men pretend to be cowboys
    Quote Originally Posted by MiCol View Post
    BB pass = $______?
    BS pass =$______?
    840/1499

Quote Originally Posted by idahospud View Post
    Thanks, bunion. Agreed about the imagined cool factor with bitching about the local hill. Yeah, crowds suck, but they're also what keep the lifts spinning.

WMD- does Schlasman's pretty much cut out the need for too big of a hike on that end of the mountain? I did a ridge hike a few weeks ago and was pretty impressed by the terrain off of the ridge.
    To access D route terrain, Schlasman's is the short cut. To go North, not so much.

And the main hike isn't that bad once you are use to it. (Says the jerk who gets to ride the Poma).

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ImageUploadedByTGR Forums1539709232.159352.jpg 
Views:	111 
Size:	638.4 KB 
ID:	251226
    "Zee damn fat skis are ruining zee piste !" -Oscar Schevlin

"Hike up your skirt and grow a dick you fucking crybaby" -what Bunion said to Harry at the top of The Headwaters

Nice picture, thanks for sharing Harry!

Anyone know how Helena trails are shaping up (ascension/mt Helena)? Thanks in advance.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    "If you're gonna be dumb, you gotta be tough."

Quote Originally Posted by Not bunion View Post
    To access D route terrain, Schlasman's is the short cut. To go North, not so much.

And the main hike isn't that bad once you are use to it. (Says the jerk who gets to ride the Poma).
    There is great skiing from Schlasman's that doesn't require any hiking or maybe just a long traverse. But yes, as Bunions says, D Route on the Ridge is a very short hike from Schlasman's. Sadly that makes it get hit pretty hard.

This thread has been fun for the past few pages. TGR is getting angsty with the impending season.
    I'm heading out of town to pursue more professional and less recreational pursuits, but will be here through mid-December if anyone would like to hit some rocks at the the really Big early season.
    I also would be down to either host or help organize a get together. There are plenty of mags in town these days, it would be fun to get together.

Quote Originally Posted by ghosthop View Post
    This thread has been fun for the past few pages. TGR is getting angsty with the impending season.
    I have been getting ready for the season that starts on Saturday and doesn't involve skiing, but also am up for hitting rocks, doing base repairs and drinking but lack the skills to do all three at the same time.

I'm heading out of town to pursue more professional and less recreational pursuits, but will be here through mid-December.
    Where are you heading?

Quote Originally Posted by nest View Post
    Anyone know how Helena trails are shaping up (ascension/mt Helena)? Thanks in advance.
    As of today there is still a snow line about two-thirds of the way up Mt. Helena on the north side. I don't think there's much snow though, and it could be melting quickly over the next couple days. Haven't been up there this week, this is just based on looking across the valley from my house.

Quote Originally Posted by yeahman View Post
    As of today there is still a snow line about two-thirds of the way up Mt. Helena on the north side. I don't think there's much snow though, and it could be melting quickly over the next couple days. Haven't been up there this week, this is just based on looking across the valley from my house.
    Thanks yeahman. Might head that way tomorrow.

Quote Originally Posted by nest View Post
    Thanks yeahman. Might head that way tomorrow.
    Have fun, weather looks stellar. We are going camping in Jellystone for a couple days. Good place to seek refuge during hunting opener.

Quote Originally Posted by yeahman View Post
    Have fun, weather looks stellar. We are going camping in Jellystone for a couple days. Good place to seek refuge during hunting opener.
    Perfect weekend to be in YS; Indian summer, no crowds, no smoke...if you decide to roll down to Jax, holla, you can camp at my house.

Yo Nest, word up!

Quote Originally Posted by Djongo Unchained View Post
    Yo Nest, word up!
    Django! Hope to make some turns with you this season. Let me know if you have any plans to venture north. Definitely going to hit the Django slot in rock creek if I make it to JH.

Heh. I've mostly heard people whine about crowds and how Big Sky is never crowded, blah blah blah. Pretty clear I'm hanging out in the wrong places...

I skied Killington last season and Bogus for a few years before that - it's doubtful that I'll be in the bitching-about-Bridger camp.

....Since you've skied elsewhere recently, Bridger won't seem crowded....and that's from a guy that hates waiting in line for just about anything. Learn how to navigate the ridge, stay away from Slushman's on a weekend powder day, and you won't have much to complain about.

I'm heading out of town to pursue more professional and less recreational pursuits, but will be here through mid-December if anyone would like to hit some rocks at the the really Big early season.
    I also would be down to either host or help organize a get together. There are plenty of mags in town these days, it would be fun to get together.
    I'd definitely be down to help organize a get together and could potentially host depending on timing for when I start/finish our kitchen re-do. It wouldn't be a BBI, but I think we could have a good showing of mags.

Quote Originally Posted by Hodgge View Post
    ....Since you've skied elsewhere recently, Bridger won't seem crowded....and that's from a guy that hates waiting in line for just about anything. Learn how to navigate the ridge, stay away from Slushman's on a weekend powder day, and you won't have much to complain about.
    This all sounds good to me. I'm pretty psyched to get up onto the ridge with skis and I'm fairly certain that once BB opens I'll have a much easier time calibrating my sense of who's a whiny idiot (me, in this thread...) and whatnot.

I'd definitely be down to help organize a get together and could potentially host depending on timing for when I start/finish our kitchen re-do. It wouldn't be a BBI, but I think we could have a good showing of mags.

This all sounds good to me. I'm pretty psyched to get up onto the ridge with skis and I'm fairly certain that once BB opens I'll have a much easier time calibrating my sense of who's a whiny idiot (me, in this thread...) and whatnot.
    Glad to have you in the bbowl community!
    Here's a bridger ridge guide that you can download to your phone for on the fly access.
    https://www.dropbox.com/s/01u2fj163l...guide.pdf?dl=0

I could also get on board with a early season big sky shred so long as it's in the MT pass weeks.

Sent from my SM-G965U using TGR Forums mobile app

Quote Originally Posted by MiCol View Post
    jong question: is there a pass that covers BB and BS?
    At least there's the Ikon Pass (Big Sky) for us Colorado Jongs. Bridger tix run about $65.

... Thom
    Galibier Design
    crafting technology in service of music

66 degrees yesterday in 3 Forks, loving Native American Summer.

Nest, missed you at the bar yesterday.

66 degrees yesterday in 3 Forks, loving Native American Summer.

Nest, missed you at the bar yesterday.
    Didn't want to bother the patrol Grand Poobah gathering. Had my first copper city experience- fun trails and totally dry.

Ya should have stopped by, I am trying like hell to help your other 1/2 make the switch.

CC is really a lot of fun. Probably headed over on Sunday if you can break away from saving lives.

CC is really a lot of fun. Probably headed over on Sunday if you can break away.

Working all weekend but will definitely be riding next week.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums