Page 484 of 884 FirstFirst ... 479 480 481 482 483 484 485 486 487 488 489 ... LastLast
Results 12,076 to 12,100 of 22085
    Eh, like I tell these transplants, it's not winter that gets you. Montana obviously isn't Palm Springs. It's the non-existent spring that will fuck your head.

Quote Originally Posted by I Skied Bandini Mountain View Post
    Eh, like I tell these transplants, it's not winter that gets you. Montana obviously isn't Palm Springs. It's the non-existent spring that will fuck your head.
    Elevation in Montana varies from 1,820 - 12,799 feet above sea level. Spring isn't short, you just have to be willing to explore to enjoy it longer.

Yeah, it's short.

That's why they make plane tickets to Mexico.

Quote Originally Posted by I Skied Bandini Mountain View Post
    Yeah, it's short.

That's why they make plane tickets to Mexico.
    Spring wildflowers were still popping in August if you were in the right place, that's all I'm saying.

Probably be a run on those tickets next year though, lol.

Booking something right now, fingers crossed.

I mean how bad is it really? It doesn't seem much different stat wise than the front range/boulder other than cloudier. My only other comparison is to the absolutely brutal vermont winters and pretty crappy massachusetts winters where its cold, humid and cloudy. People are all over the place about how bad it is.

Quote Originally Posted by toastybroski View Post
    I mean how bad is it really? It doesn't seem much different stat wise than the front range/boulder other than cloudier. My only other comparison is to the absolutely brutal vermont winters and pretty crappy massachusetts winters where its cold, humid and cloudy. People are all over the place about how bad it is.
    It's not bad at all if you like winter, which I assume most of us on here do.

Unless you get west of the divide and then it's horrific inversions for weeks at a time, which clears out for a day before the drizzle sets in. But I am sure the Los Angeles transplants will have no issues adapting.

Quote Originally Posted by RootSkier View Post
    Unless you get west of the divide and then it's horrific inversions for weeks at a time, which clears out for a day before the drizzle sets in. But I am sure the Los Angeles transplants will have no issues adapting.
    Ugh, don't remind me of those days. Inversions always pop up in the Flathead in Jan/Feb. Combine that with the near-constant overcast weather, and it can get pretty dark and miserable there for weeks at a time.

I certainly envy you Gallatin Valley residents for getting 300+ days of sun a year.

It's not bad if you like winter and can deal with snow and some -20 days here and there, but here it's colder, wetter, darker, and snowier for way longer than the Front Range. Boulder gets 60 degree days in January and winter is mostly wrapped up (other than an occasional storm) sometime in March, that's def not the case here.

2012 SW Montana Conditions, Stoke and Whatev Thread

It is not like the Front Range at all, I’ve tried to convince myself it is for a couple years now. Maybe Helena is since fall and spring seem to actually exist and it might not get the prolonged cold like BZN. As a reformed Franger my partner and I are planning an exit in a few years. If articles like that are any indication of what is in store for Bozeman it’ll be worse than the Boulder that I left ten years ago. Granted I’m in a mood since I’ve been on vacation for a few weeks and returning to Hoth.

Didn't Helena have a month of sub freezing temps last year? end of February?

https://www.accuweather.com/en/us/he...4230?year=2019
    Last edited by Terrapin Ben; 10-21-2020 at 01:53 PM. Reason: change sub 20 degree to sub freezing

Quote Originally Posted by Terrapin Ben View Post
    Didn't Helena have a month of sub freezing temps last year? end of February?

https://www.accuweather.com/en/us/he...4230?year=2019
    Well, not based on what you posted, lol.

Quote Originally Posted by concretejungle View Post
    It is not like the Front Range at all, I’ve tried to convince myself it is for a couple years now. Maybe Helena is since fall and spring seem to actually exist and it might not get the prolonged cold like BZN. As a reformed Franger my partner and I are planning an exit in a few years. If articles like that are any indication of what is in store for Bozeman it’ll be worse than the Boulder that I left ten years ago. Granted I’m in a mood since I’ve been on vacation for a few weeks and returning to Hoth.
    Where's your next place you plan to be? You seem to pick them well.

Sent from my Pixel 4a using Tapatalk

Where's your next place you plan to be? You seem to pick them well.

Sent from my Pixel 4a using Tapatalk
    I hear Spearfish is nice

https://www.kbzk.com/news/local-news...PbMePPozjgT3Jg

Fuck. Shit. Fuck. Shit. Fuck.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

Heh

WFM to Bozeman was a long time coming, and overdue, quite frankly.

I still maintain and Trader Joe's is better served there than WFM.

On a genuine ol' fashioned authentic steam powered aereoplane

Least surprising thing I have heard in a while. I was shocked there wasn't already one here 3 years ago. Hell, Frisco, CO has one.

The surprising thing to me is that it's going in the Mall, of all places.

2012 SW Montana Conditions, Stoke and Whatev Thread

Im not surprised and I’ll shop there. Some of their items are actually well priced. Just lamenting it. The BZN scenestering is going to be worse than BSF/ski school drop off.

On a genuine ol' fashioned authentic steam powered aereoplane
    Quote Originally Posted by MT View Post
    Just curious, what is your "topflight machine for sub $3k?"
    https://bozeman.craigslist.org/snw/d...218155484.html

Ask me about..... "MAGGOT PRICING" haha.

I thought that was what you were highlighting as the proverbial "handwriting on the wall."

The BZN scenestering is going to be worse than BSF/ski school drop off.
    Rosaurs will be 2nd tier for Yoga pants.
    I have been in this State for 30 years and I am willing to admit that I am part of the problem.

"Happiest years of my life were earning < $8.00 and hour, collecting unemployment every spring and fall, no car, no debt and no responsibilities. 1984-1990 Park City UT"

All you boys and girls on the west side getting your fancy markets and gastro pubs..

Heebs still has the best fried chicken in town.

Quote Originally Posted by yeahman View Post
    It's not bad at all if you like winter, which I assume most of us on here do.
    Yeah. I was gonna say. SW MT was a goddam paradise to me, weather wise. Looooooooved the winters and the summers are to die for. Who cares about Spring when you can find "Spring" conditions all summer long if you hike/bike to it. Haha. I always got a crack out of kids trick-or-treating in the snow tho. Falls are pleasant, albeit quite brief.

Nobody should move to MT and bitch about the weather. You know what you're getting yourself into. Hell, most of us MOVED there cuz of it. Twas a dream come true when I had it.

Sent from my Pixel 3 using TGR Forums mobile app