Page 397 of 892 FirstFirst ... 392 393 394 395 396 397 398 399 400 401 402 ... LastLast
Results 9,901 to 9,925 of 22283
    Quote Originally Posted by Bunion 2020 View Post
    The skiing was good, it was busy but there was untracked to be found. Less of a shitshow than the weekend.
    Untracked even at the end of the day without working too hard. Sun, fresh snow and fewer people was a refreshing change.

Good day skiing Bro Bowl. After 50 inches of heavy stuff at home last week that foot-ish of fluff on BBs heavy pack felt very very nice. Finished the day smiling skiing low angle fresh lines over by Alpine. God it's flat over there but damn tasty silent skiing. Planning to stop back thru Wednesday after GD tomorrow.

Quote Originally Posted by Notchtop View Post
    Good day skiing Bro Bowl. After 50 inches of heavy stuff at home last week that foot-ish of fluff on BBs heavy pack felt very very nice. Finished the day smiling skiing low angle fresh lines over by Alpine. God it's flat over there but damn tasty silent skiing. Planning to stop back thru Wednesday after GD tomorrow.
    Just a couple friendly locals today.Name:  IMG_1903.jpeg
Views: 655
Size:  42.9 KBClick image for larger version. 

Name:	Screenshot_20200210-160200_Messages.jpeg 
Views:	97 
Size:	46.8 KB 
ID:	315155

BB was fun as fuck today.

That feeling you get riding up and seeing untracked powder fields...

Heaven.

North Bowl was sexy as fuck.

The Ridge was also stellar

My buddy gettin' some

Also shared a chair with the dude who skis in the waxed duster. Cool guy and one of the more recognizable characters on the mtn.

Off to Jackson for a couple of days and kind of hate I'm leaving.

One more for muted and norseClick image for larger version. 

Name:	Screenshot_20200210-185041_Gallery.jpeg 
Views:	95 
Size:	20.9 KB 
ID:	315156

Looks fucking amazing!

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	6345228E-0524-4A3A-AB15-69C357091878.jpeg 
Views:	93 
Size:	329.8 KB 
ID:	315159

My better half enjoying the fruits of 2,000’ of breaking trail in some pretty deep pow.

Lexi, swimmy ... cool shots. I bet first this this am was awesome. By the time I got there it looked like the Germans were invading on the ridge skyline. Can't imagine what that looks like on a busy weekend.
    Yeah man ... got your pm tried to reply not sure if it went. In case not: thanks for the heads up. It'll be ok. Work thing.

This may be the first time in my life that complaining got me something, thanks guys, well done. And that cowboy skier is rad.

Quote Originally Posted by Talisman View Post
    Base chili ingredients are purchased and ground elk being thawed.
    FKNA! The shaggen wagon is loaded once the work day ends we will be over the river and through the woods to Harry the Mayor's house we go.
    Bunny Don't Surf

Have you seen a one armed man around here?

Name:  image0.jpeg
Views: 566
Size:  47.5 KBName:  image1.jpeg
Views: 581
Size:  84.5 KB

From last Thursday's debacle.

I will be the 1st to admit it. I am a spoiled bitch.
    I have been in this State for 30 years and I am willing to admit that I am part of the problem.

"Happiest years of my life were earning < $8.00 and hour, collecting unemployment every spring and fall, no car, no debt and no responsibilities. 1984-1990 Park City UT"

I will be the 1st to admit it. I am a spoiled bitch
    Sign me up for that program. I've spent too much time in my life not waiting in liftlines. It is gonna be hard starting now. I still hold out hope that less than all time days mid week will work out but I'm not holding my breath. Relaxed powder skiing at big name resorts is hard to find.

A LSD Steakhouse somewhere in the Wasatch
    finding multiple smokes shacks in a big named resort and enjoying them all in a relaxed fasions well not easy
    but
    poundkeygithighwithalittlehelpfrommyfriends
    Sheldon likes elk
    ski ya soon
    "When the child was a child it waited patiently for the first snow and it still does"- Van "The Man" Morrison
    "I find I have already had my reward, in the doing of the thing" - Buzz Holmstrom
    "THIS IS WHAT WE DO"-AML -ski on in eternal peace
    "I have posted in here but haven't read it carefully with my trusty PoliAsshat antenna on."-DipshitDanno

From last Thursday's debacle.

I will be the 1st to admit it. I am a spoiled bitch.
    Thursday, Friday and Saturday were crowding and line management debacles. If Summit County is any indication worse is yet to come.

I will be done before that happens.
    I have been in this State for 30 years and I am willing to admit that I am part of the problem.

"Happiest years of my life were earning < $8.00 and hour, collecting unemployment every spring and fall, no car, no debt and no responsibilities. 1984-1990 Park City UT"

I will be done before that happens.
    As the grizzly population grows locally I may be joining you being "done" before Summit County lines occur here.

I was hoping that BS would install the gondola to replace Explorer as gondolas seem to fascinate the hordes and are willing to stand in massive lines for a ride in a box leaving Swifty with a reasonable line. Replacing the Ram 4 with El Ocho did nothing for uphill capacity as the new lift had half the chairs as the old 4, but was heavily marketed and attracted more people.

Not to mention that people are far too fucking stupid to manage to load as an 8, hell a 6 is a challenge although a lot of the blame still falls on the resort for not putting some thought into the corrals.

That 8 pack is a slower ride than Ramcharger ever was.

Not to mention that people are far too fucking stupid to manage to load as an 8, hell a 6 is a challenge although a lot of the blame still falls on the resort for not putting some thought into the corrals.
    I watched five (5) grown men successfully load onto, ride and exit a Swifty chair last week line management and lift ops were as oblivious as the numerically challenged guests. Counting to six or eight is hard because it involves both hands or a foot, but counting to four?

^^ last week I saw 7 people load Six Shooter, one of whom had one of those snow bikes that the Resort is renting, so no bar down. Surprised dude #7 did not fall out. Total clusterfuck.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    "Zee damn fat skis are ruining zee piste !" -Oscar Schevlin

"Hike up your skirt and grow a dick you fucking crybaby" -what Bunion said to Harry at the top of The Headwaters

Extreme af.

I'd like to see three grown-ass adults load a Riblet. Preferably a center bar.

6-8" new, still snowing on the webcam.

No Tram today, repairs are being made to ensure that it is whole again.

So what was the root issue? Braking system?

3-1/2 inches of new snow, 22*F and light wind at 6800 Feet. There is free coffee at the Country Market starting at 6:30 AM for 90 minutes if our out of town guests need caffeine.

Where and what time is the wanker wednesday line up today?

Quote Originally Posted by Norseman View Post
    So what was the root issue? Braking system?
    No one really knows for sure. Boyne has not said.

There was a fully loaded cabin coming down with no loaded cabin going up to counterbalance. For reasons unexplained it kept accelerating and the tram ops had to use the brake systems to slow that acceleration. Near the bottom they were unable to maintain control and the cabins came into the top and bottom with some excess momentum.

It damaged the H bracket and the J arm on the bottom cabin to the point that new parts were required.

Supposedly there has been an addition to the brake system as well as the repairs.

Built in 95/96 with what was then projected to be a 10-15 year life span. The math is a bit scary.

2012 SW Montana Conditions, Stoke and Whatev Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Talisman View Post
    3-1/2 inches of new snow, 22*F and light wind at 6800 Feet. There is free coffee at the Country Market starting at 6:30 AM for 90 minutes if our out of town guests need caffeine.

Where and what time is the wanker wednesday line up today?
    7am driveway report: way more snow up at 7,500 feet, 9 inches witnessed by skifishbum and the world’s largest dog. See photo. Temp +16F

Meetup at the usual 9:30 top of Ramcharger. Utah Crew will be there.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_2494.jpg 
Views:	59 
Size:	851.0 KB 
ID:	315464

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_2494.jpg 
Views:	100 
Size:	851.0 KB 
ID:	315369  
    Last edited by Harry; 02-12-2020 at 05:26 PM.
    "Zee damn fat skis are ruining zee piste !" -Oscar Schevlin

"Hike up your skirt and grow a dick you fucking crybaby" -what Bunion said to Harry at the top of The Headwaters