Page 192 of 892 FirstFirst ... 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 ... LastLast
Results 4,776 to 4,800 of 22285
    Quote Originally Posted by Al Mondbrot View Post
    Bridger Bowl was nice today. Sometimes...
    Attachment 222905
    Very nice!

Also good to see some disco love. Retirement plan is looking like Phillipsburg house and "semi" retirement.

A light dusting, under an inch, up here at 7,500 ft. No wind, which is a nice change. Way better conditions than yesterday.
    "Zee damn fat skis are ruining zee piste !" -Oscar Schevlin

"Hike up your skirt and grow a dick you fucking crybaby" -what Bunion said to Harry at the top of The Headwaters

2012 SW Montana Conditions, Stoke and Whatev Thread

Skijoring at the 320 Ranch today.

One thing I picked up on quickly is that rope management is key. The skiers who did well were always moving around on the rope: choking up to within 10 feet of the horse before a jump, and letting out 30 feet of slack after the jump. The skiers who just held on usually ended up in the ambulance.

"Hike up your skirt and grow a dick you fucking crybaby" -what Bunion said to Harry at the top of The Headwaters

2012 SW Montana Conditions, Stoke and Whatev Thread

Disco skied well today but very heavy snow and it was set up as the day wore on. It was 12 degrees in Whitehall and 34 in Butte at around 8 am. Sweet mountain and everyone was friendly except for the local douche in the lifeline on the backside double shoving his way to the front and berating other skiers.

Quote Originally Posted by concretejungle View Post
    Disco skied well today but very heavy snow and it was set up as the day wore on. It was 12 degrees in Whitehall and 34 in Butte at around 8 am. Sweet mountain and everyone was friendly except for the local douche in the lifeline on the backside double shoving his way to the front and berating other skiers.
    Had fun today, nice intro to the mountain. I might have gotten yelled at by him and an old lady i recklessly passed after the rope drop, moving on from the fifth row forwards. I will definitely consider returning on a weekday later this season if it dumps as much or more with lower crowds.

RLM finally picked up some fluff from one of the Canadian plains arctic blasts. Billings still had more snow though somehow. 6 in blgs and 4-5 at RLM, go figure.

Outstanding turns at every elevation in the SP BC yesterday.

Looking outside my window the faucet appears to be turned on.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

Disco was definitely feeling the love from the storm yesterday morning. Hadn't been there in a while, so catching the rope drop into the back bowls was a treat. The heavy snow really did an amazing job covering up any old crust, and the temps were friendly enough.

Maybe this is a stupid question, but does anyone ever ski in the Bangtails -- like parking at Brackett and skinning south? Kinda looked like some mellow open slopes at the top and maybe some thinned trees on the west faces?

I don't use the term lightly but the 16 inches Great Divide received over the weekend actually skied like "champagne powder". The lftlines were horrendous but it was arguably the best skiing in the past decade. I skied myself to exhaustion and fell asleep during the Super Bowl.

^^That sounds good, I missed out on that action being down at Disco. Might hit GD for Powder Wednesday (being closed Monday and Tuesdays). Sure been getting a shoveling workout in Helena lately. Thinking of driving over to Snowbowl tomorrow and skiing with friends. That place has been getting hammered too the past week, I hear it's been good. Just hope those temps stay cool..

Quote Originally Posted by yeahman View Post
    Snowbowl tomorrow
    I was thinking about Snowbowl this weekend when I was wearing my garbage bag poncho.

Quote Originally Posted by Harry View Post
    I was thinking about Snowbowl this weekend when I was wearing my garbage bag poncho.
    Kinda worried about that. My buddies in Missoula are warning me away, too wet n warm, and I just saw Rasputin's post in the Msla thread. Probably gonna scrap it and get some work done. My wife will be happy.

Bridger was skiing really well this morning, even better than the 7" report suggests
    It sucks to suck.

On a genuine ol' fashioned authentic steam powered aereoplane
    Hell of a sleeper day at BS. Gullies and Dictators were deep! Skiing weekdays is awesome.

Quote Originally Posted by DolphinSki View Post
    Bridger was skiing really well this morning, even better than the 7" report suggests
    Snowed all day at BB, nearly .75" of water. Very fast conditions. Excellent skiing. Guess I will check out the really Big tomorrow.
    I have been in this State for 30 years and I am willing to admit that I am part of the problem.

"Happiest years of my life were earning < $8.00 and hour, collecting unemployment every spring and fall, no car, no debt and no responsibilities. 1984-1990 Park City UT"

Quote Originally Posted by Whiteroom_Guardian View Post
    Hell of a sleeper day at BS. Gullies and Dictators were deep! Skiing weekdays is awesome.
    Outstanding skiing today!

Nature sure is neat.

Name:  Screen Shot 2018-02-06 at 9.13.22 PM.png
Views: 640
Size:  78.0 KB

Quote Originally Posted by regct View Post
    Outstanding skiing today!

Truth. I spent the day over on Lone Tree, snow was nice & soft. Tons of fun today.

Shhhh, don't tell anyone but Bridger rocked today. Sleeper day - not crowded. I left at 1 and it snowed the whole time I was there. The Ridge was deep, but even South Bowl was good. Didn't head over to Slushies but I heard there was a 15 minute line.

Big Sky was decent up high but the visibility was like inside a light bulb. 2-3 tram car wait, mostly locals, the out of town crowd were up for 1 and done.

Wind buff, cake like powder, good stuff.

What was really impressive was the 4 disabled sit-skiers making the Turkey Traverse all the way out to Arch Rock and ripping the shit out of the bowl.
    I have been in this State for 30 years and I am willing to admit that I am part of the problem.

"Happiest years of my life were earning < $8.00 and hour, collecting unemployment every spring and fall, no car, no debt and no responsibilities. 1984-1990 Park City UT"

Quote Originally Posted by Not bunion View Post
    What was really impressive was the 4 disabled sit-skiers making the Turkey Traverse all the way out to Arch Rock and ripping the shit out of the bowl.
    That is impressive to navigate the Turkey on one of those things, holy crap.

I rode the tram a couple weeks ago with the sit-skier who did the Big Couloir and was featured in that Big Sky marketing video. Had to tell her how cool I thought that was. Later saw her ripping down Marx in less than ideal conditions, kinda firm and scratchy. Damn.

Meanwhile, this morning at Great Divide I fell into a mine hole or something while going too fast through some obscure trees. Double ejection and had a hell of a time crawling out of this eight-foot depression, wallowing around in the powder. The skiing was decent for a couple hours but got kind of meh as things warmed up.

Cranes man. Cranes are all the rage over here. Can u crane off a bull wheel mid season mid slope in Feb? We're not sure we can either. But we're gonna try it! Took two cats to pull it through the road (tipi) with a third "grading" level cross slope. Safety first to all involved and vibes.

Quote Originally Posted by yeahman View Post
    Meanwhile, this morning at Great Divide I fell into a mine hole or something while going too fast through some obscure trees. Double ejection and had a hell of a time crawling out of this eight-foot depression, wallowing around in the powder. The skiing was decent for a couple hours but got kind of meh as things warmed up.
    Was that over by hibernation? I think I may have followed your tracks and almost did the same thing, lol. I saw where someone had crawled out of what looked like a small mine adit.

Today definitely wasn't as good as Sunday, still pretty good I thought but was getting pretty heavy by afternoon and with a crust underneath from Sunday's warming spell.

Quote Originally Posted by 3PinGrin View Post
    Was that over by hibernation?
    Yep exactly. It was f'kd. Lucky I didn't get hurt. Funny in retrospect though.