Page 264 of 884 FirstFirst ... 259 260 261 262 263 264 265 266 267 268 269 ... LastLast
Results 6,576 to 6,600 of 22095
    Did you ask if he wanted fries with that order?

A strange day at BS for me. 3Pin couldn't make it today, but he has a raincheck for another weekend. Bumped into a few people I knew at random points despite a lot of guests around. The freezing fog gave me some vision issues while up in the bowl, but the tram line was huge at that point which was puzzling as poor viz = short tram line typically. Challenger was good with some nice wind load above Moonlight and pillowy lines through Midnight. Saw Swiftybish holding court in the Whitecastle, I stopped for a quick hello and she took the time to explain a finer point about the Powderseeker bubble. Big lines at Thunderwolf which surprised me (not sure if there had been a lift issue.)

Missed the 1:00 PM Mag line up at the tram. Maybe I jinxed myself by putting fresh batteries in the beacon. Tomorrow brings another opportunity.

Quote Originally Posted by Harry View Post
    MiCol is the first mag to interact with me in my new official capacity.
    i was trying to keep it on the down low. that was exciting to integrate within the off piste hidden shack matrix and cross paths...i was thrown off at first due to no plaid....i will see you again!

i missed the mini but was able to link up with WRG and went for a hike...

finished out the day riding down the hill on the tailgate of a pu that dropped me safe and secure at the modern sleek hill high rise complex
    www.freeridesystems.com
    ski & ride jackets made in colorado
    maggot discount code TGR20
    ok we'll come up with a solution by then makers....

Quote Originally Posted by Not bunion View Post
    Did you ask if he wanted fries with that order?
    Hah, well played.

We hooked up with Rootskier and had a fun day. Did a hike and skied Firehole to Hellroaring--mostly great snow. Then tried to get on the Snowfield but it was signed out so we did Marx, which was really nice. Spent the last hour lapping Exit Chute in the bowl, lots of pow there. Rootskier found some pow coming out the bottom of Hellroaring:

Fun day. Good snow in the dictators and gullies, and reasonable tram lines. A little more sporty down low.

Briefly ran into rootskier and another mag (yeahman?), but they were a couple tram cars ahead of me. Perhaps another day. I'm 50/50 for tomorrow, will see if the storm shows up!

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

On a genuine ol' fashioned authentic steam powered aereoplane
    Nice hike out to Three Forks with MiCol and non-mag lurker Adam. Good snow all the way through.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20190119_180237.jpg 
Views:	77 
Size:	1.22 MB 
ID:	265468

Name:	20190119_175857.jpg 
Views:	78 
Size:	993.1 KB 
ID:	265469

Name:	20190119_175649.jpg 
Views:	75 
Size:	1.09 MB 
ID:	265470

Quote Originally Posted by Whiteroom_Guardian View Post
    Nice hike out to Three Forks with MiCol and non-mag lurker Adam. Good snow all the way through.
    Cool pics!

Quote Originally Posted by Talisman View Post
    A strange day at BS for me. 3Pin couldn't make it today, but he has a raincheck for another weekend. Bumped into a few people I knew at random points despite a lot of guests around. The freezing fog gave me some vision issues while up in the bowl, but the tram line was huge at that point which was puzzling as poor viz = short tram line typically. Challenger was good with some nice wind load above Moonlight and pillowy lines through Midnight. Saw Swiftybish holding court in the Whitecastle, I stopped for a quick hello and she took the time to explain a finer point about the Powderseeker bubble. Big lines at Thunderwolf which surprised me (not sure if there had been a lift issue.)

Missed the 1:00 PM Mag line up at the tram. Maybe I jinxed myself by putting fresh batteries in the beacon. Tomorrow brings another opportunity.
    Sorry this weekend is out for me Talisman, I will get over there for sure soon. Had a good half day at GD yesterday until I took a soft roller when I hit a spot of deeper pow with no base and threw my lower back out. Icing/streching and start heating tonight, back in business soon. Of course I took 3 or 4 more runs with it out which I'm sure didn't help matters.

Appreciate the pics/stoke all and looking forward to getting over there. Taking what meadow skipping we can get at GD between stumps, shrubs, and rocks. Still a good time though, if I'm skiing I'm happy

Name:	20190112_110904.jpg 
Views:	71 
Size:	773.4 KB 
ID:	265524 Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20190112_125714.jpg 
Views:	72 
Size:	908.3 KB 
ID:	265525 Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20190113_130622.jpg 
Views:	64 
Size:	1.50 MB 
ID:	265526 Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20190113_131329.jpg 
Views:	67 
Size:	1.10 MB 
ID:	265530 Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20190119_120209.jpg 
Views:	69 
Size:	858.1 KB 
ID:	265531

^^^ Is that typical coverage or low tide coverage.

Looks like another teaser/in between day at the really Big.

Office work today in hopes the next 2 waves pan out.

Yeah, I'm sure there is fun skiing up there today, but hoping some waves in the next few days produce.

Quote Originally Posted by Not bunion View Post
    ^^^ Is that typical coverage or low tide coverage.

Looks like another teaser/in between day at the really Big.

Office work today in hopes the next 2 waves pan out.
    Very low tide. I have only been in Helena for 7 years but the locals are saying it's pretty rare (Yeahman would probably know better than me). Last year was the reverse, skied stuff that rarely gets skied, again per locals. There is some very nice tree skiing all along the other side of the sunny ridge in the 4th pic when conditions allow. Skied "huckleberry" back there yesterday and it was pretty good a rock here and there.

There is a reason GD promotes itself as "Montana's sunniest ski area" lol. This year is unusually bad though. Haven't even been up once, normally I will get 8-10 powder days up there. Still time to turn it around though.

Got in line early to ski the North Summit. Closed. Patrol said it got scoured overnight, would likely not open today. Other stuff is skiing well.

RTR is offline Shumanitutonka Ob' Wachi
    Going to be lapping tram here shortly... Black jacket, green pants, grey helmet.

The tiny bit of fresh and fewer people around (football games?) kept things fresh. Bumped into Harry and Lady Friend at the base area. Lady Friend is an elegant and nimble glade skier judging from a few laps through Soul Hole, Tango and others. Fingers crossed the system tonight delivers.

The mid week storm will definitely deliver as I need to travel for work, so work on excuses and wax up your skis.

Yeahman and Rootskier - my wife and I would have loved to have hit the Snowfield with you yesterday but obviously it wasn't available. Hopefully we can do it some other time.

Too funny- rode Swifty in the morning with Rootskier without realizing who he was. Got off the lift and I put the story together.

Quote Originally Posted by Talisman View Post
    Bumped into Harry and Lady Friend at the base area. Lady Friend is an elegant and nimble glade skier judging from a few laps through Soul Hole, Tango and others.
    Talisman took a photo of me today.

Name:	ImageUploadedByTGR Forums1548029898.445316.jpg 
Views:	92 
Size:	404.3 KB 
ID:	265611
    "Zee damn fat skis are ruining zee piste !" -Oscar Schevlin

"Hike up your skirt and grow a dick you fucking crybaby" -what Bunion said to Harry at the top of The Headwaters

^^Wow, a one piece! You have really upped your game, my man.

Found a new shack today, anybody got a name? (Actually the kid found it, I would have skied right by it about 20 yards away, doh!)

Is that the one in Forbidden Forest ?

"Hike up your skirt and grow a dick you fucking crybaby" -what Bunion said to Harry at the top of The Headwaters

you dudes have the map with the GPS pins for shacks around the mountain? It should be fairly accurate, I can pass it along to Harry if I forgot last winter.

Anybody out there going to be at Bridger tomorrow? I'll very likely be there: white helmet, red jacket, yellow pants - ask me for change.

6+ at the really big, forecast is for more throughout the day, very little wind so far.

Game on.

Schwing!

Still coming down hard.

Quote Originally Posted by Harry View Post
    Still coming down hard.
    At least another inch in the last hour at 6800 feet. Temperatures are dropping too.